• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:43 PM

It is expected that Ritola and Kindl will play the entire season with the Wings this year. If Ritola doesn't, I don't think he will ever become a regular with the Wings. I also posted that Tatar may make the team- he will have to impress to do this, and I doubt many of us will complain if he does. Having Smith up is also a toss-up, but he has the skills to make a quick jump to the NHL. The goalie predictions are tough because Howard's performance this year will have a major impact on the team's decision. The Wings can afford to have a rookie backup if he plays like last year. However, if Howard stumbles I wouldn't be surprised to see a vet (or Ozzy) signed for the 2011 season. My roster leaves a lot of cap room, so the Wings will be able to sign a D-man if needed. With Lids status uncertain, predicting the top-4 is difficult.

Not sure where you are getting your info from but at best Ritola is a 13th forward at this point, and Kindl a 7th D. Holland said they would be "given opportunity" to make the team. For as long as I have been watching the Wings that means another year in GR. That being said if any of them do make the team it will mean they earned and deserve it. Last Red Wing to skip GR and come right up was Zetterberg.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#22 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

Not sure where you are getting your info from but at best Ritola is a 13th forward at this point, and Kindl a 7th D. Holland said they would be "given opportunity" to make the team. For as long as I have been watching the Wings that means another year in GR. That being said if any of them do make the team it will mean they earned and deserve it. Last Red Wing to skip GR and come right up was Zetterberg.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but both players are out of AHL options. Therefore, they will have to pass through waivers to go back to GR. Both have played in GR for a couple years, so it's not like they are bypassing the minors. I would be that both Ritola and Kindl will be on the Red Wings roster (or traded) at the beginning of the season. Therefore, they will have been in Detroit for a full season and will no longer be rookies. Mursak is out of AHL options next year (again, correct me if I'm wrong), so he will likely need to make the jump to the Wings.

#23 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:10 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but both players are out of AHL options. Therefore, they will have to pass through waivers to go back to GR. Both have played in GR for a couple years, so it's not like they are bypassing the minors. I would be that both Ritola and Kindl will be on the Red Wings roster (or traded) at the beginning of the season. Therefore, they will have been in Detroit for a full season and will no longer be rookies. Mursak is out of AHL options next year (again, correct me if I'm wrong), so he will likely need to make the jump to the Wings.

Which places one of the expiring forward contracts (Modano, Eaves, Miller, and Draper) in the replacement spot for Mursak's spot doesn't it, and possibly a spot for Tatar as well.

Modano and Draper are expected to retire, which opens up two free spots right away doesn't it? Mursak would be expected to take whatever spot opens up if any, unless he completely bombs, so Tatar is still a couple of years off just because he's a Wing.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."