• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Kaberle stays in Toronto

Rate this topic

I'm pretty shocked he wasn't traded actually. I think Burke dropped the ball, he gambled at high stakes, lost, and now he has to try and save face.

Kaberle could walk at the end of the season for nothing (and I think that's more likely than him re-signing). Hopefully T-Kabs OK's a deadline deal, signs an extension (which would require someone like Komisarek be moved you would think) or it's going to hit the fan in Leaf Nation.

Kaberle will likely walk because Burke continues to overrate the guy and will not get a serious trade done with what he is asking for. No GM in his right mind will trade for Kaberle and give up the assets Burke wants for him.

From Toronto Sun :

Tomas Kaberle’s weird relationship with the Toronto Maple Leafs may be about to take another severe turn.

This time, it may be Kaberle, himself, who quietly asks for a trade.

Kaberle’s father, Frantisek, told Czech hockey magazine Hokej this week that he’s surprised his son remains a Leaf — especially considering his strained relationship with Toronto coach Ron Wilson.

“I cannot imagine how he will get along with coach Wilson, who relies primarily on aggression and stress,” Frantisek Kaberle Sr., a former member of the Czech national team, himself, told the magazine.

“That’s not Thomas, he’s a technical type of defender.”

The only player with a pulse being offered (that I had read) was Devin Setoguchi in San Jose. Burke really was interested in something in Anaheim. Maybe he's not sure that the Kessel deal was the right deal to make.

If you're Burke, you could probably sell that as a good deal in Toronto if the Leafs ended up getting a first round pick the other way, even if you had to give up a third rounder to get it. I guess he thinks the other GMs are as dumb as Sutters when it comes to giving up assets.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

If you're Burke, you could probably sell that as a good deal in Toronto if the Leafs ended up getting a first round pick the other way, even if you had to give up a third rounder to get it. I guess he thinks the other GMs are as dumb as Suttershimself when it comes to giving up assets.

Fixed. Seriously, is there anyone who didn't predict that Kesler trade to be epic fail?

From TSN :

Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman Tomas Kaberle played on offence Wednesday, telling reporters his relationship with head coach Ron Wilson is between them and does not involve his own father.

"My father's opinion I can't control," he told a scrum at the team's practice facility. "Can you control your Dad? I love my Dad, but I don't agree with everything my father says. That's normal. And I don't agree with everything with (my coach). But (especially) when you're losing, you get into some arguments."