• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

Greg Brady now on FAN590 in Toronto

Rate this topic

Hey, just wanted to pass along that Greg Brady, who used to be on 97.1, is on the FAN590 in Toronto now. Today was his first day in the Noon-3pm time slot.

I enjoyed listening to him, he seem to have good knowledge in all the sports, not just one or two. He made a few Detroit references and mentioned Holland, Yzerman, Fedorov, Verlander, Bonderman, and Kenny Rogers. I even sent him an e-mail today saying that I enjoyed the show and the Detroit talk.

Starting in September Greg will be hosting Hockey Central at Noon with Nick Kypreos, and Doug McLean. I've never been a fan of Darren Millard, the old host, so I'm looking forward to hearing what Brady has to offer.

Speaking of 97.1, what is DMac's gig on the station? Has he started yet?

Every time i've heard, he's been on with Valenti and Foster, idk if he's a regular on it now or was filling in or what, but...yeah.

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

I may be alone but I actually didn't mind Darren Millard. He was better than the assorted guest hosts they'd bring in like Gord Stellick or RJ Broadhead. A lot more interesting than Pravda on the NHL Network in the same time slot. Is Millard staying in the Hockeycentral television shows (not that I watch them a lot)?

I have to admit I've never heard Brady before.

Between 97.1 and his new gig at the fan Brady was working in Toronto up the dial at 640 am doing a hockey show with Bill Waters, on the drive home they were a pretty good tandem together I thought.

I dont know what happened but 640 dropped their leafs lunch for the summer I guess Brady got his hours cut too once hockey was over? Anyway nice to see he has his own show I like how he drops wings comparisons and stuff all the time he is an entertaing guy.

Speaking of 97.1, what is DMac's gig on the station? Has he started yet?

He was on the morning show with Mike Stone and the others today. At times he seemed to do really well, at others, I don't think I heard him for 30 minutes. The one point they were talking about was the Tigers dugout incident between Gallaraga and Laird and they kept asking him if that kind of stuff ever happened on The Wings or in hockey in general. He mentioned the Probert-Primeau incident but didn't really spill much about any other incidents. They kept trying to get him to spill, but he either kept tight lipped about it, or The Wings really don't have much dirt to be aired on that subject. For some reason, I think DMac was being gentlemanly about it.

Starting in September Greg will be hosting Hockey Central at Noon with Nick Kypreos, and Doug McLean. I've never been a fan of Darren Millard, the old host, so I'm looking forward to hearing what Brady has to offer.

Is this another gig or is it the same one? From Toronto Star :

Brady will host a two-hour hockey show, followed by an hour of general sports talk leading into Bob McCown’s Prime Time Sports at 4 p.m.

That means the FAN has basically remade its entire schedule, with the exception of McCown’s show.

If he doesn't ease up on those Detroit sports references, he might end up at CHIN!

Is this another gig or is it the same one? From Toronto Star :

If he doesn't ease up on those Detroit sports references, he might end up at CHIN!

That's the one, although McCown now starts at 3:00.

Brady made a comment about Cecil Fielder today and the season he hit 50 HR! I'm a big fan of this guy already after only two days!

We actually have Greg Brady here in Britain. There's a radio show on BBC Radio called Fighting Talk, kind of a satirical sports quiz show and Brady is amazing. Really does have a great knowledge of a vast range of sports, mainly hockey and tennis. Funny, funny guy and can't fault a guy who gets into the office at 4am for a show he doesn't even have to do (Fighting Talk that is). Can you get this new show online? Will give it a listen if so!

We actually have Greg Brady here in Britain. There's a radio show on BBC Radio called Fighting Talk, kind of a satirical sports quiz show and Brady is amazing. Really does have a great knowledge of a vast range of sports, mainly hockey and tennis. Funny, funny guy and can't fault a guy who gets into the office at 4am for a show he doesn't even have to do (Fighting Talk that is). Can you get this new show online? Will give it a listen if so!

Hey, here's the website for the radio station, click on listen live. He's on from Noon-3pm, Eastern Standard Time, Monday-Friday. I believe Britain is 6 hours ahead of Detroit-Toronto-New York time.

FAN590

Edited by Barrie

Hey, here's the website for the radio station, click on listen live. He's on from Noon-3pm, Eastern Standard Time, Monday-Friday. I believe Britain is 6 hours ahead of Detroit-Toronto-New York time.

FAN590

Thanks! It's going in the favourites. Yeah I have a clock for GMT and then a clock for EST. Have to have the right time for watching Wings games!

Greg Brady was on AM640 with Bill Waters no? Did he move and get his own show?

It's well known he makes no secret that he is a Red Wings fan. He even calls Crosby the "Crosbytron 8700" because he's such a fake little ****.