• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HankthaTank

Byfuglien jinxed?

Rate this topic

link

Was talking to my buddy yesterday and he said this is huge no-no for obvious purposes. Was just wondering what everyone's take on this one was. I personally think this is a tad classless and funny all at the same time considering where he came from but just seeing what the overall conception is.

EDIT: At work...most awesome mis-post ever!

Edited by HankthaTank

Yes; no: CTV Calgary.

I think wearing the Atlanta jersey is a great "shot" at his ex. Besides, it won't be a "jinx" when Atlanta trades for Toews and Kane.

Thanks for the info. Someone mentioned the jinx and how bad it would be if a team that has been in a long Cup drought had this happen, and Versteeg instantly popped into my head. Too bad, that would have been a colossally epic fail if he did what Byfuglien did.

you'd think 3 million dollars could buy something better than a single wide with wood paneling..

haha, I'm going to go on a limb and guess this wasn't his place...

back to the topic at hand though, I don't think it's really the same, because he was part of a Stanley Cup winning team and that was his day with the cup, his attire doesn't really make a difference... I just think it's just a nice little shot at his former club by wearing his new team's jersey and in a way, showing the fans of Atlanta that he's "all in" as a Thrasher... he still prob could have worn an Atlanta Braves shirt or something and sent the same message though and this was probably a less than stellar decision on his part, but I don't think it's that big of a deal... however, I do agree that this would be the end of the world, had Versteeg pulled such a move... you don't mess with Leaf nation, those SOB's are insane, haha

I guess I understand the backlash, but he is a Thrasher now. Imagine how much it must've sucked for him to get his walking papers after playing such a huge part in the Cup victory. I'm not too superstitious, and if I'm a Thrasher fan I think it's rad that he's embracing his new team in such a way.

^ That. Everyone saying he is embracing his new team, when in the end I believe its more or less a stab at his former club. Doesn't matter in the least if he is, in fact that makes it just a little bit sweeter pic because of that.

Edited by HankthaTank