• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:23 PM

I'm looking for a few improvements in this upcoming season's GDT's - if anyone could make some logos for TV/radio and anyhting else that would look good, I'd appreciate it.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 WordonaWing

WordonaWing

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

I'm looking for a few improvements in this upcoming season's GDT's - if anyone could make some logos for TV/radio and anyhting else that would look good, I'd appreciate it.

Hey, it's funny you should make this thread I was going to PM you re: this.

I am finalizing the graphics for my gameday previews for the season, and (with the blessing of Matt) was going to ask if you'd like to use them too. I got the idea when I saw what had been done in the past here from a user named aflac. His graphics were, in my opinion, phenominal and really added to the gameday threads. You do a great job with the GDT's and your very diligent with the info provided so I thought maybe I could help out with the graphical side of things.

I didn't even think of TV/Radio so I can sort out something for that no problem. This is what will be seen on WOAW this coming season:
Posted Image
I'll speak to Matt about this, if he's uncomfortable with my logos on it, I can remove them. Like I said, I can make a separate graphic for TV/Radio, but I don't think I'll use that on my blog -- you can just use that for the GDT's.

Thoughts?
Word on a Wing

#3 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

Something like that would be great. A few tweaks would be added on my part, such as bigger team logos and my own images of goaltenders in action like I've been doing before. Would it be possible to add that into the mix?

BTW: Kane, Brouwer, Byfliguen on the Ducks? Where's that coming from? haha

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 17 August 2010 - 11:45 PM.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#4 WordonaWing

WordonaWing

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:14 AM

Something like that would be great. A few tweaks would be added on my part, such as bigger team logos and my own images of goaltenders in action like I've been doing before. Would it be possible to add that into the mix?

BTW: Kane, Brouwer, Byfliguen on the Ducks? Where's that coming from? haha

Lol. Yeah sorry, I wasn't even paying attention to that. I just wanted to have names in that field to give an idea of what it'd look like. The actual template for the season opener has blank fields for the injuries right now. So pay no attention to that.

I've done one where the logos are a little bigger. In terms of goalie photos, that's a little tougher. Maybe what I can do is separate the parts of it (stats, goalies, lineup, injuries) into individual images and that way you can add your own touch images and text, etc. wherever you like.

Regardless, I'll proceed after I've heard from Matt. I'm not comfortable with doing any of this without his blessing.
Word on a Wing

#5 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

That would be awesome, I'd greatly appreciate it.

#6 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,072 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

I'm completely cool with it. Have at it!

#7 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

wow looks like our gdt is gonna be awesome. great work guys
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#8 NotTooAbby

NotTooAbby

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:56 PM

those graphics look sick. although i havent been officialy apart of the LGW community for that long (followed alot, just never became a member) I must say that the GDT is definitely a High Point in my day..especially if Im at work. The proposed new graphics and layouts........you are going to get lots and lots of praise for all your hard work. it looks great. keep em coming.

#9 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

The graphics are obviously going to have to change somewhat so they don't include Wordonawing's own logo, wouldn't feel right about that. Plus I've always liked to put my own pictures such as goaltender pictures (with the opposition allowing a goal, if possible)

#10 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:55 AM

what would be cool to add is the score of the game. if you could imbed something there that would update that would be killer. i always thought this site could do that as a whole. like be the one stop shop for your wings. see scores and highlights,get wings gear and talk hockey. =)
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#11 WordonaWing

WordonaWing

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

The graphics are obviously going to have to change somewhat so they don't include Wordonawing's own logo, wouldn't feel right about that. Plus I've always liked to put my own pictures such as goaltender pictures (with the opposition allowing a goal, if possible)

Can I just ask, what about it isn't right with you? Matt has been great and is very comfortable with it. It seems like an unnecessary doubling of the workload if I need to do that.

what would be cool to add is the score of the game. if you could imbed something there that would update that would be killer. i always thought this site could do that as a whole. like be the one stop shop for your wings. see scores and highlights,get wings gear and talk hockey. =)

I was thinking about the score thing. The only issue with that is the updating part of it. It could get a little complicated with me updating the image, sending it to HT001 and him editing the post. I can't guarantee, in fact I could rarely guarantee I'll be able to update it soon after the game. It would almost certainly be several hours or more until I'll get the chance. I anticipate being well away from Photoshop during most of the games this year. Sorry about that, guys.
Word on a Wing

#12 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:20 PM

Can I just ask, what about it isn't right with you? Matt has been great and is very comfortable with it. It seems like an unnecessary doubling of the workload if I need to do that.

I was thinking about the score thing. The only issue with that is the updating part of it. It could get a little complicated with me updating the image, sending it to HT001 and him editing the post. I can't guarantee, in fact I could rarely guarantee I'll be able to update it soon after the game. It would almost certainly be several hours or more until I'll get the chance. I anticipate being well away from Photoshop during most of the games this year. Sorry about that, guys.

Just simply becuase of your own personal logo.

#13 WordonaWing

WordonaWing

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:42 AM

Just simply becuase of your own personal logo.

Okay. I don't want to step on any toes here. You did a great job with the GDT's last season. I'll see how it goes. But with all this in mind, perhaps I might not be the most appropriate person to take care of this stuff?
Word on a Wing

#14 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

As far as what?

#15 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

Those images look fantastic. Great job. Posted Image

#16 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

so i send an idea to matt about the score box. what would be cool is if you could add the score of the game at the top of LGW and it would stay at the top no matter what part of the lgw site you were on and would have a link to take you back to the gdt if the wings were to score. something like that.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#17 Doggy

Doggy

Meanwhile...

• HoF Booster
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

Okay. I don't want to step on any toes here. You did a great job with the GDT's last season. I'll see how it goes. But with all this in mind, perhaps I might not be the most appropriate person to take care of this stuff?

Just leave the logos on. Matt's cool with it and that's all that matters. You've probably put in dozens of hours of work into this and you deserve credit. They look great and are the main reason I began to frequent your blog last season.

HT001, to be frank, you're lucky these images are being offered to you at all. From the outside looking in, one might think you're trying to get all the credit for someone elses hard work, and that's why you want his logos removed.
Rough as guts.

#18 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

Just leave the logos on. Matt's cool with it and that's all that matters. You've probably put in dozens of hours of work into this and you deserve credit. They look great and are the main reason I began to frequent your blog last season.

HT001, to be frank, you're lucky these images are being offered to you at all. From the outside looking in, one might think you're trying to get all the credit for someone elses hard work, and that's why you want his logos removed.

Not at all. I wasn't even hoping for the graphic that was already provided, I simply viewed that as a template. I was hoping to continue talks with w.o.a.w. into creating a different look that would be unique, rather than using something he's already got going for his own blog. Since it looks great, I think it should stay exclusive for his own blog.

#19 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

i didn't get that. if you knew HT you wouldnt think that. HT is the one doing the GDT anyways so i can see it from that point as well. Yes he is wanting to do something of his not use everything from someone else.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#20 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

I think you should use WOAW's graphics and leave his logo in there.. Maybe he can throw a logo in for you too?

His stuff looks great, second only to AFLAC.
Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users