• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

How big of a Wings fan is your Wife/Girlfriend/Significant Other?

Rate this topic

My girlfriend doesn't understand the obsession yet. The thing that really drove her nuts was the playoff beard last playoffs. I explained it, and she understood, but still didn't like it :P

The only things she really knows is Avery is a pansie and Crosby is a whiny little *****. So she's getting there :) She also knows about Probert, and understands how much his passing meant to the hockey community. RIP Probie

She hasn't picked out a favorite player yet, I'm thinking this year she will :)

Am jealous. Why am I stuck with the only guy I know who couldn't care less about sports?? My bf thinks I am certifiable and need serious meds/counseling when it comes to hockey. I have Center Ice and will watch like 5 games a day and he just shakes his head. And ... get this ... he is originally FROM CANADA!! Oh well, hopefully he never makes me choose or hes SOL. :P

Am jealous. Why am I stuck with the only guy I know who couldn't care less about sports?? My bf thinks I am certifiable and need serious meds/counseling when it comes to hockey. I have Center Ice and will watch like 5 games a day and he just shakes his head. And ... get this ... he is originally FROM CANADA!! Oh well, hopefully he never makes me choose or hes SOL. :P

Hmmm, orignally from Canada, transplanted to Michigan and still doesnt give two s***s about hockey....you need to take away his man card along with his green card if you ask me...

sounds like you need a new BF

My wife never gave a rat's ass about hockey (I would be weeping openly watching a gold metal hockey victory & she wouldn't give a second look). However,that all changed in 2008 when a local kid whose parents we know well was called up to the Wings. She immediatley became interested & as the kid won a regular shift & the Wings went to win the Cup, she never missed a moment. It got so good that she approved me buying the NHL center ice package so we could watch every game last season. She wants to buy NHL CI again this year & was just commenting how she can hardly wait for the season to begin.She says she misses Ken Daniels & Micky Redmond & even Doc Emry. The kid is Darren Helm & I can never thank him enough!!

My wife would probably fit in the category of casual fan. She knows the names of the top players and Detroit and the Joe Louis Arena are special places to us because we got engaged after a Wings game in a hotel not far from the Joe. But she doesn't watch the games with me because she says I'm "too intense" and when the Pens play the Wings I always hear, "You live in Pittsburgh. You should be cheering for the Penguins!" She doesn't like the pressure of being a Wings fan in Pittsburgh. All her friends are (bandwagon) Pens fans and she doesn't want to be the odd one out. After 24 years of being a fan, I'm used to the me against the world scenario. :cool:

My wife would probably fit in the category of casual fan. She knows the names of the top players and Detroit and the Joe Louis Arena are special places to us because we got engaged after a Wings game in a hotel not far from the Joe. But she doesn't watch the games with me because she says I'm "too intense" and when the Pens play the Wings I always hear, "You live in Pittsburgh. You should be cheering for the Penguins!" She doesn't like the pressure of being a Wings fan in Pittsburgh. All her friends are (bandwagon) Pens fans and she doesn't want to be the odd one out. After 24 years of being a fan, I'm used to the me against the world scenario. :cool:

I'd hope my wife is smart enough not to say that to me ;)

She's worn her Wings stuff out and been yelled out and taunted by Squawks fans, I just keep telling her that thats why its important we beat them every single time we play them.

Wow. I must be the luckiest man on earth. I am crazy hockey addicted... and she's worse than me. She could tell you all 4 lines and defensive pairings of the 90s thru today, the numbers they wore, and how many points they got. She could tell you who we traded to get Kyle Calder.... as obscure as that is. She's been a hockey fan longer Than me and she's younger, but I credit that to her being a 'gander and I'm a Chicago native. She's an active poster here and has been for years. I've had to go to such lengths as to hold her back from jumping over the glass at western Michigan games when we played Ohio state. I love it, her, and wouldn't have it any other way. Its part of why we moved back from San Francisco... so we can go to more home games!

my wife likes Ovechkin cause he's always excited and fun to watch...and cause he looks like a caveman. she finds him humourous.

i think she's starting to become a bit of a wings fan, but she often claims she hates hockey due to the fact that the general perception people have is hockey means more to me than anything and that i ignore her...

that's not really fair though...i only ignore EVERYTHING and EVERYONE during Wings games! :lol:

she's coming around though.

we went to brandon to see the wheat kings pound the regina pats. she had a great time at that game.

Edited by Z Winged Dangler

Guest hock91

My wife was born and raised in Detroit and screams "Oh Yzerman!" during sex.

esteef

story of my life...

Edited by hock91

Man where are you guys finding the ladies that are interested in actually following hockey??

I haven't been able to get any of my girlfriends into hockey. My last girlfriend I had her somewhat picking up on the Wings and well, I had to break up with her for other reasons.

She absolutely is in love with Howard lol. But she is also the worst luck when going to games. We went to 3 games this year and all 3 were losses. 2 of which were shutouts!!! She also went during the injury plague of last year when Lebda was on the 2nd pairing laugh.gif. Either way, fear not, the girl is Wingaholic but she will not be at the Joe for a little while wink.gif