• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

just a heads up, tonight at 8pm eastern, the NHL network will be showing game 6 of the 2008 finals.

Tomorrow they will show game 7 of the 2009 finals, which i wont be watching for sure

#2 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

Man I wish I had that channel.

#3 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

I'd watch...if I didn't already have the game permanently saved on my iPod so I can see it any time I want.

(Don't be too impressed though, I had to miss Games 5 & 6 live b/c I was out of the country on my honeymoon. Aggghhh! I left and we were up 3 games to 1, I came back, stepped off the plane and my brother handed me the white Championship hat. The whole thing felt surreal, bizarre, and kinda wrong)

Man I wish I had that channel.

Hopefully you will soon. It's getting added to more and more cable packages, or at least the first-tier sports add-on. If you can't justify the cost of Center Ice, it's almost a necessity to following the league, since highlights on ESPN and other outlets are almost non-existent. Plus, I probably got to see an extra 5-10 out of market Red Wings games that I never would've seen on VS or NBC. (They replay some games at like 3am the following morning, which I DVR).

#4 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

just a heads up, tonight at 8pm eastern, the NHL network will be showing game 6 of the 2008 finals.

Tomorrow they will show game 7 of the 2009 finals, which i wont be watching for sure

DVR is set...though i think i still have the original airing on the same box haha

#5 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

Don't have any damn cable right now. But I have watched the best of the 08 Finals quite a few times and have this on dvd already sooo actually don't need to see it now that I continued to type. Just hope we are watching "Raise the Cup" edition from the '11 title this time next year Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#6 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

This works out perfectly. My wedding anniversary is tomorrow, so putting on the NHL Network will be the farthest thing from my mind.

#7 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

I'll never watch a second of the 2009 7th game again, if I can help it.

This Game 6 is great, though the Penguins just got a cheap ass call late in the 3rd to make it 3-2 and Datsyuk will be getting terribly tripped shortly, almost leading to a 3-3 tie.

#8 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:20 PM

Tomorrow, I'd rather be watching Glee. :hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#9 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

This Game 6 is great, though the Penguins just got a cheap ass call late in the 3rd to make it 3-2 and Datsyuk will be getting terribly tripped shortly, almost leading to a 3-3 tie.

yeah that stood out to me. i kinda forgot about those calls when it happened; i guess i was too happy the wings won, but watching the whole game again without the tension makes me view the game a differently.

#10 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:30 AM

I've got it saved in my HD and watch it occasionally. Wings give a defensive clinic for 18 minutes of the 3rd before the refs decide to make it interesting by calling a phantom hook on Hudler :ranting: Oh, and look out for a Wings defender getting his stick broke by a Penguin on the subsequent PK.

And who can forget Dave Strader's commentary (on the international feed) with 12 seconds to go?

"Datsyuk gets tripped....WHAT? No call?!!??!!"

I was so angry about those last 2 minutes I was unable to celebrate properly - and as you can see I'm still bitter about it :ranting:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#11 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:16 AM

Anyone notice on Rafalski's PPG how Datsyuk entered the zone? I wonder why we don't see that all that often anymore from the Wings. Maybe he was just trying to dump it in but to me it seemed like a really smart way to gain the zone if you had to dump it in: Hit it high off the glass so that the goalie can't play it and angle it perfectly enough so that it goes right to the support. Sounds simple but it looked and sounded like he got the puck to bounce exactly the way he wanted.

I've got it saved in my HD and watch it occasionally. Wings give a defensive clinic for 18 minutes of the 3rd before the refs decide to make it interesting by calling a phantom hook on Hudler :ranting: Oh, and look out for a Wings defender getting his stick broke by a Penguin on the subsequent PK.

And who can forget Dave Strader's commentary (on the international feed) with 12 seconds to go?

"Datsyuk gets tripped....WHAT? No call?!!??!!"

I was so angry about those last 2 minutes I was unable to celebrate properly - and as you can see I'm still bitter about it :ranting:

Immediately after the finals some news source had an article that was really great about the whole thing. The main point was, "Gary, just stop it, we know what's going on here." I bookmarked it but then I forgot about it after a reformat.

Wings give a defensive clinic for 18 minutes of the 3rd.

Oh and I forgot, one of my favorite quotes from that game:

"The Penguins with still... 1 shot on goal... in now 16 minutes of play. What a tribute to Detroit."

:thumbup:

#12 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:39 AM

:g:

http://www.letsgowin...showtopic=61751
:unsure: :bye:

Edited by drumnj, 19 August 2010 - 02:39 AM.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#13 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:14 AM

Immediately after the finals some news source had an article that was really great about the whole thing. The main point was, "Gary, just stop it, we know what's going on here." I bookmarked it but then I forgot about it after a reformat.

I liked Ozzies take on things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2aVpwCZ1Ho

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#14 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:16 AM

man i never realized how sick Z's goal was to seal up the game. that skate to stick catch he had while flying across the neutral zone was just dirty.
Crosby is a crybaby *****