• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Raising the Cup

Rate this topic

I'd watch...if I didn't already have the game permanently saved on my iPod so I can see it any time I want.

(Don't be too impressed though, I had to miss Games 5 & 6 live b/c I was out of the country on my honeymoon. Aggghhh! I left and we were up 3 games to 1, I came back, stepped off the plane and my brother handed me the white Championship hat. The whole thing felt surreal, bizarre, and kinda wrong)

Man I wish I had that channel.

Hopefully you will soon. It's getting added to more and more cable packages, or at least the first-tier sports add-on. If you can't justify the cost of Center Ice, it's almost a necessity to following the league, since highlights on ESPN and other outlets are almost non-existent. Plus, I probably got to see an extra 5-10 out of market Red Wings games that I never would've seen on VS or NBC. (They replay some games at like 3am the following morning, which I DVR).

Don't have any damn cable right now. But I have watched the best of the 08 Finals quite a few times and have this on dvd already sooo actually don't need to see it now that I continued to type. Just hope we are watching "Raise the Cup" edition from the '11 title this time next year wink.gif

I'll never watch a second of the 2009 7th game again, if I can help it.

This Game 6 is great, though the Penguins just got a cheap ass call late in the 3rd to make it 3-2 and Datsyuk will be getting terribly tripped shortly, almost leading to a 3-3 tie.

This Game 6 is great, though the Penguins just got a cheap ass call late in the 3rd to make it 3-2 and Datsyuk will be getting terribly tripped shortly, almost leading to a 3-3 tie.

yeah that stood out to me. i kinda forgot about those calls when it happened; i guess i was too happy the wings won, but watching the whole game again without the tension makes me view the game a differently.

I've got it saved in my HD and watch it occasionally. Wings give a defensive clinic for 18 minutes of the 3rd before the refs decide to make it interesting by calling a phantom hook on Hudler :ranting: Oh, and look out for a Wings defender getting his stick broke by a Penguin on the subsequent PK.

And who can forget Dave Strader's commentary (on the international feed) with 12 seconds to go?

"Datsyuk gets tripped....WHAT? No call?!!??!!"

I was so angry about those last 2 minutes I was unable to celebrate properly - and as you can see I'm still bitter about it :ranting:

Anyone notice on Rafalski's PPG how Datsyuk entered the zone? I wonder why we don't see that all that often anymore from the Wings. Maybe he was just trying to dump it in but to me it seemed like a really smart way to gain the zone if you had to dump it in: Hit it high off the glass so that the goalie can't play it and angle it perfectly enough so that it goes right to the support. Sounds simple but it looked and sounded like he got the puck to bounce exactly the way he wanted.

I've got it saved in my HD and watch it occasionally. Wings give a defensive clinic for 18 minutes of the 3rd before the refs decide to make it interesting by calling a phantom hook on Hudler :ranting: Oh, and look out for a Wings defender getting his stick broke by a Penguin on the subsequent PK.

And who can forget Dave Strader's commentary (on the international feed) with 12 seconds to go?

"Datsyuk gets tripped....WHAT? No call?!!??!!"

I was so angry about those last 2 minutes I was unable to celebrate properly - and as you can see I'm still bitter about it :ranting:

Immediately after the finals some news source had an article that was really great about the whole thing. The main point was, "Gary, just stop it, we know what's going on here." I bookmarked it but then I forgot about it after a reformat.

Wings give a defensive clinic for 18 minutes of the 3rd.

Oh and I forgot, one of my favorite quotes from that game:

"The Penguins with still... 1 shot on goal... in now 16 minutes of play. What a tribute to Detroit."

:thumbup:

Immediately after the finals some news source had an article that was really great about the whole thing. The main point was, "Gary, just stop it, we know what's going on here." I bookmarked it but then I forgot about it after a reformat.

I liked Ozzies take on things.