• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Lilja: Red Wings only team to offer contract

Rate this topic

Hey now, Lilja is a solid defensive defensemen. He can kill penalties, block shots, and hit. He has much more value then Brett Lebda (in my eyes). I think he will be able to find work in the NHL. Idk who with though... lets not be so quick to throw him under the bus.

I get what youre saying but I will be the first one to say...yes he can kill some penalties and block some shots. But there are soooo many times that I would watch Lilja, and E for that matter, and just laugh/scream/shake my head. I DO NOT GET THE LILJA LOVE. Ive heard from other players that hes a great guy....he probably is. But as far as out on the ice, Im a Lebda supporter before Lilja. it doesnt matter anymore since they're both gone.

lets not be so quick to throw him under the bus --- I threw him under almost 2+ years ago long before the concussion. i just didnt see what was so big about him.

I get what youre saying but I will be the first one to say...yes he can kill some penalties and block some shots. But there are soooo many times that I would watch Lilja, and E for that matter, and just laugh/scream/shake my head. I DO NOT GET THE LILJA LOVE. Ive heard from other players that hes a great guy....he probably is. But as far as out on the ice, Im a Lebda supporter before Lilja. it doesnt matter anymore since they're both gone.

lets not be so quick to throw him under the bus --- I threw him under almost 2+ years ago long before the concussion. i just didnt see what was so big about him.

You pick Lebda over Lilja?

wtfamireading_155.jpg

Guys with serious concussion problems have no bargaining power, they never have and never will. He could get hit in the head with a pillow the wrong way and get a concussion and never play again. He should've taken what he was offered and kept a job. Now he's going to be heading to the Siberian Dog Sled league to play. Who is his agent?

I am disappoint. :( I loved him on our team especially the PK. I'm disappointed that he asked for that much. Hun, you were out a year with a concussion. Wait til your consistently healthy, then ask for a little more...I'm gonna need a new sig... :(

He would literally kill them! :scared:

pretty sure lilja cant be doing any fighting... hes like one punch away from becoming a vegetable

I just can't imagine Lilja being a top4 Dman in the nhl, he's not good enough. You need more offensive abilities playing top4 minutes.

Lilja started terribly but was comin along quite nicely and slowly was winning me over as a fan before getting injured but he'd never be a top 4. Salei is a better player if he is healthy anyway and for the price he signed at he basically stole the spot away from Lilja. You snooze, you lose!

Guest best poster in LGW history

I think he was holding out more for the role than the money. If another team would be willing to give him a chance he might have been able to prove that he does have that ability. Sad he won't be here this season since I just got his jersey in February, but I'll still wear it to games.

someone actually purchased a Lilja jersey?

my god...

You pick Lebda over Lilja?

wtfamireading_155.jpg

This is such a goofy picture

Anyway, this whole Lilja situation has the same feeling of awkwardness to it as getting caught sleeping with your girlfriend's best friend. Especially when she only wants a 1M birthday present instead of a 1.5M birthday present like your soon to be ex. And that your ex has a concussion problem.

You know, that kind of awkwardness.

Edited by Echolalia

I went to see the Wings in Atlanta and saw a guy sporting a Krupp jersey.

I saw a guy at a Wild game with one.

Wingswild09001.jpg

He said he wanted something different.

I am so mad at Lilja's agent right now, but I have to lay some of the blame on Andreas himself.

I'm not going to blame Lilja or call him greedy. He and his agent misjudged the market and how his injuries would effect his worth. As far as I know, Lilja's been cleared to play so he sees himself as healthy. He knows he's a decent physical defenseman who could probably play in the top four on another team, but his injury has hurt his value.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I thought Lilja originally made the decision knowing how much (or rather how little) ice time he would get?

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest best poster in LGW history

I did too. There are more of us than you'd think. Wings fans that I encountered at the last Devils/Wings game at The Rock absolutely loved it.

you are a very troubled soul.

i will pray for you.

I can't believe the people on here trying to send Ericcson down etc to make room for Lilja. If Lilja really wanted to be back he would've taken 500K less then he wanted just like guys in the past have. I mean if Yzerman takes a discount here then I'm pretty sure Lilja can too.

Oh well Salei is better if healthy and came much cheaper, we improved on our team. You guys shouldn't be upset about this, we're in better shape to win next season.

Have fun taking your talents to the KHL Lilja.