• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

When Zetterberg's healthy, he can score 40 goals, plain and simple.

In the past 3 seasons:

75gp 43g (the only time he has scored 40)
77gp 31g
74gp 23g

#22 miksteri

miksteri

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

2 Finns on the list, both goalies, sadly finland can only produce damn good goalies, good defensemen and average forwards...

#23 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

As soon as I saw Mike Green on the list, I knew it was written by morons.

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

What is Daniel Sedin doing ranked so high?

And I'd rank Stamkos higher. If he had such a great sophomore year (no sophomore jinx for him), imagine how great he'll be now, especially with a better team around him.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

My thoughts

*Toews shouldn't even be in the top 30 yet, let alone top 10. Right now he's a solid two way 65 point guy. In a few years, he will most probably be one of the most complete players in the game, but he isn't as of now.

*Datsyuk. As much as I hate to admit it, based on last season's performance there is no way you can consider him the 4th best skater last year. He has the ability to for certain, and this year may rightfully reclaim that rank, but last year there was a stretch for 10-15 games where he just looked so disinterested. I'd think he shouldve been in the 8-12 spot based on last year, though I can understand why they would put him at 4.

*I question Mike Green, Kesler and Burrows even being ranked as high as they are. They are all great players, but in my opinion products of their system

*Doughty, and to a lesser extent Lidstrom and Pronger all should have been ranked higher. Doughty should have been in the top 6-7 at least, with Lidstrom and Pronger around 10-15 respectfully

*Kopitar should not be in any way ranked ahead of Zetterberg

*Getzlaf being lower then either of the Richards and Hossa is a joke (and I'm a BIG Mike Richards fan)

Notable exceptions imo: Zbynek Michalek (most underated defensemen in the league), Tobias Enstrom (iff****** Dan Boyle makes it in the 30s at this point in his career, he should at least be up there), and Erik Johnson who was better then Tyler Mylers the past season from what I saw.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 20 August 2010 - 08:24 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#26 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

Tobias Enstrom (iff****** Dan Boyle makes it in the 30s at this point in his career, he should at least be up there)

Maybe Tobi needs to slew foot somebody from behind, conduct a between periods interview and then just smile and say, "That's just me being competitive".

#27 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:36 AM

When does the Yearbook hit news stands? I have been looking but can't find it yet. I know subscriptions are out but new stands are what I'm looking for. Anyone?
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#28 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

What is Daniel Sedin doing ranked so high?

And I'd rank Stamkos higher. If he had such a great sophomore year (no sophomore jinx for him), imagine how great he'll be now, especially with a better team around him.

Sedin has a very similar two-way playing-style to his brother; that's why they work so well together. Now look at his numbers from last year.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."