• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rivalred

In Depth Look at the Central Division

Rate this topic

Expectations are Wings will be #1 in division, with Chigaco being #2, and St. Louis #3.

Interesting is the article does not mention the loss of Lilja while stating the addition of Salei replacing Lebda.

Bit of a watered down article, but a different perspective if nothing else.

http://network.yardbarker.com/NHL/article_external/An_in_Depth_Look_at_Central_Division/3082916

is this guy a leafs fan or something? no way lebda is better than salei

Agreed. Lebda may be younger, but that's the only advantage he has. About the only thing Lebda does better than Salei is suck. Also, he says Salei has a Stanley Cup ring, when did he win that? In 2003 with Anaheim? I'm pretty sure that's the only time he's sniffed the Finals.

Agree with the top two, but Nashville is still better than St. Louis. The Predators are like the Minnesota Twins - they just go out and win each year (during the regular season at least). The Blues still don't have enough offense to seriously contend in the division even though Halak was a nice addition. I think the Central may have four playoff teams.

Agreed. Lebda may be younger, but that's the only advantage he has. About the only thing Lebda does better than Salei is suck. Also, he says Salei has a Stanley Cup ring, when did he win that? In 2003 with Anaheim? I'm pretty sure that's the only time he's sniffed the Finals.

salei won a cup with the Av's. someone actually posted his cup winning goal in 3OT on LGW just today or yesterday.

This article reads like it was written by a 12 year old. Did they even attempt to re-read it at least once to check for errors? Hate to nitpick but that is seriously some of the worst professional writing I have ever seen.

Not only this, but it's not an "in depth look" at all. It's a broad overview and quick summary of roster changes and expectations. I could have written those 5 summaries off the top of my head.

Guest Stolberg

Backes spent a lot of time with Kariya and Oshie last season. I can't remember if that was the first line but it probably was.

Not only this, but it's not an "in depth look" at all. It's a broad overview and quick summary of roster changes and expectations. I could have written those 5 summaries off the top of my head.

Yeah, this reads like something you'd find in a High School writing class.

The sports forecaster magazine has Detroit finishing 3rd in the central, Blackhawks in 2nd, and the Blues are indeed said to finish 1st. While I like that it's a bold move, I think for this event to happen you have to hope Blackhawks bomb it. Reason being Detroit are regular season kings when healthy (knocking), and I don't see why the sudden drop to 3rd when everyone is rested and ready to play. If St.louis is 1st in our divison, Detroit will be 2nd.

Edited by Superman54

Expectations are Wings will be #1 in division, with Chigaco being #2, and St. Louis #3.

Interesting is the article does not mention the loss of Lilja while stating the addition of Salei replacing Lebda.

Bit of a watered down article, but a different perspective if nothing else.

http://network.yardbarker.com/NHL/article_external/An_in_Depth_Look_at_Central_Division/3082916

It reads like it was written by a fifth grader. I hope that this guy isn't getting paid for his writing skills.

It reads like it was written by a fifth grader. I hope that this guy isn't getting paid for his writing skills.

And he thinks the Blues are an improved team, despite them losing Kariya and Tkachuk, and not adding much else.

I know those players were over the hill, but just getting rid of them with nothing in return won't magically make this team better.

St. Louis will be a hell of a well rounded team:

Perron-Backes-Boyes

Oshie-McDonald-Berglund

McLement-Steen-Crombeen

Winchester-Sobotka-Janssen

E.Johnson-Polak

Colaiocovo-?

Strachan-Jackman

I hope youre joking.

Guest Stolberg

St. Louis has a lot of potential, especially on defense and goaltending, but their forward group constantly underachieves with the exception of a few players.

Edited by Stolberg

St. Louis has a lot of potential, especially on defense and goaltending, but their forward group constantly underachieves with the exception of a few players.

Most of their forwards haven't been around long enough to say they 'constantly' do anything. A few guys had down years last season, but you're being a bit harsh.

The Central Division...hmm....

1. Detroit. They have clearly the best roster with Chicago's firesale, the best coach, and a team that has established chemistry. They also have the best coach in the world.

2. Chicago. They have a defensive unit as strong as Detroit's, the best top six forwards of the remaining group with three excellent forwards, a solid bottom six and solid goaltending. Quenneville is also one of the league's better coaches.

3. Nashville. Mediocre forward group, strong group led by one of the league's best, and the best goaltender in the division. Solid coaching.

4. St. Louis. Decent roster, no significant strength, strong but overrated goaltending.

5. Columbus. Strong top end scoring, weak forward group, weak defense unit, Inconsistent goaltending.

Division All-Stars:

C: Henrik Zetterberg

LW: Rick Nash

RW: Patrick Kane

D: Nicklas Lidstrom

D: Duncan Keith

G: Pekka Rinne