• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Top 10 Swedes in NHL History

Rate this topic

Steen was an above average player for a long time, but I wouldn't consider him to be in the top ten of anything except a best Jets players list.

817 points in 950 games is not to shabby. He could easily take the 9 or 10 spot on anyone's list.

817 points in 950 games is not to shabby. He could easily take the 9 or 10 spot on anyone's list.

You need to take the 80s factor into account when using those point totals... In any case Sandström has more goals (including two forty-goal seasons) and an .87 ppg average, compared to Steens .86 average. Also, Sandström was a key factor in our 1997 win :)

I'm not necessarily arguing for his inclusion, merely saying that there are more worthy people than Steen.

I don't see who he could replace even if you did want to go with him...

I disagree. When you disregard play outside the NHL, Henrik Sedin is a more accomplished player than either Hakan Loob or Mats Naslund.

Not statistically he isn't. Last year was a great stats season for him, but he isn't even close to being a PPG career player. Also, he's kind of a lackluster playoff performer.

Other than last season, I see those players as being more dominant offensively than him. He's a better defensive forward than people give him credit for, but that's because he plays center and not wing, and that's more of a product of this era.

Not statistically he isn't. Last year was a great stats season for him, but he isn't even close to being a PPG career player. Also, he's kind of a lackluster playoff performer.

Other than last season, I see those players as being more dominant offensively than him. He's a better defensive forward than people give him credit for, but that's because he plays center and not wing, and that's more of a product of this era.

Statistics are meaningless out of context. You can't just look at point totals and draw conclusions based on that. An Art Ross, Hart, and 1st AST trumps everything Hakan Loob and Mats Naslund did combined.

Statistics are meaningless out of context. You can't just look at point totals and draw conclusions based on that. An Art Ross, Hart, and 1st AST trumps everything Hakan Loob and Mats Naslund did combined.

:lol:

I'm sure there's a reason why Mats Naslund and Hakan Loob never won the Hart Trophy or the Art Ross.

That reason played in Edmonton in the 80's, and I hear that he was quite good.

On Red Wings TV they have a video of Nick firmly stating that he believes Z will have a really good year or something to that effect. It's great to hear for sure. Can't wait to see him actually prove it on the ice.

Guest mindfly

He's Swedish?

Nah from the filppula highlight :D he's a great announcer for the red wings imo.

Edited by mindfly