• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Stolberg

Penguins sign Arron Asham

Rate this topic

News flash people: Asham isn't a great fighter. If your argument is that he would add a dimension that Abdelkader and crew cannot you are sorely mistaken. It does help to have a guy who will drop the gloves if necessary, and that's why we have Bertuzzi, Salei, Ericsson, Eaves, Cleary, Abdelkader (for sure) and Stuart. The only person out of that whole bunch who Asham would likely destroy is Eaves, because ASHAM ISN'T THAT GREAT. Our 4th liners make more than him for a reason.

Having a one-dimensional enforcer on the team was embarrassing... signing an old, small, gritty player who readily fights is in no way improving our team when we could give Abdelkader more ice time. Fighting isn't something that we should expect every time a certain player is dressed. It's something that we should expect when necessary. Knee-on-knee, check from behind, dirty hit, whatever... then someone should stick up for their teammates but with 5 min a night how often will he be out there when something goes down? What should we do wait until later in the game and let our BEAST ARRON ASHAM off his leash? Be real he's no Kocur... he's a solid hockey player with no purpose on our team so let it be... it's over with and our team kicks ass already. I cannot believe how some people still find an excuse to ***** when their team is so stacked.

News flash people: Asham isn't a great fighter. If your argument is that he would add a dimension that Abdelkader and crew cannot you are sorely mistaken. It does help to have a guy who will drop the gloves if necessary, and that's why we have Bertuzzi, Salei, Ericsson, Eaves, Cleary, Abdelkader (for sure) and Stuart. The only person out of that whole bunch who Asham would likely destroy is Eaves, because ASHAM ISN'T THAT GREAT. Our 4th liners make more than him for a reason.

Having a one-dimensional enforcer on the team was embarrassing... signing an old, small, gritty player who readily fights is in no way improving our team when we could give Abdelkader more ice time. Fighting isn't something that we should expect every time a certain player is dressed. It's something that we should expect when necessary. Knee-on-knee, check from behind, dirty hit, whatever... then someone should stick up for their teammates but with 5 min a night how often will he be out there when something goes down? What should we do wait until later in the game and let our BEAST ARRON ASHAM off his leash? Be real he's no Kocur... he's a solid hockey player with no purpose on our team so let it be... it's over with and our team kicks ass already. I cannot believe how some people still find an excuse to ***** when their team is so stacked.

Excellent post, but it will fall upon deaf ears. Yes... a lot of the pro-fighting people are THAT BLIND.

This thread is now in full Megazord Enforcer/Grit vs Skill guy mode.

GO GO MEGA ENFORCER/GRIT Vs SKILL GUY THREAD!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKIgtACGayM

But wht does megazord add that our nonjapanese fighting robots don't have? I hate it when you pro-Japanese fighting robot sacrifice goal scoring for badassery.

Asham would win over 50% of fights against anyone on the Wings. He is a good MW/LHW fighter. The Wings were voted the worst enforcing team for a reason (although the Caps were close IMO).

I don't understand your argument on enforcers/fighters. You say having a one dimensional enforcer is embarrassing, and then continue to discredit Asham although he is a decent player and fighter. There are no Proberts in today's NHL (unfortunately).

Posters here aren't unhappy with the team or bitching about Holland as much as it seems. If the discussion can stay civil and intelligent, discussions on possible players, line combos, contracts, etc can be very interesting and informative. The off-season would be boring if no one questioned Holland. That is not to say that anyone is unhappy with him, but it is worthwhile to question other possible moves. Being an avid fan wouldn't be as fun if we didn't dissect and discuss the off-season.

That's part of it. Draper isn't relied upon for faceoffs like he used to be.

He took 319 in 81 games last season. 1 more than Abdelkader took in 50 games. And Abdelkader only lost 17 more draws than Drapes. Not bad for a rookie.

Hit the nail on the head. I like Asham myself and always been a fan. I just do not know how strong he is on face-offs (I am big on players who can win face-offs).

I strongly feel the Wings have lacked this compared to other years (grit/face-off agility).

Edited by Rivalred

...Posters here aren't unhappy with the team or bitching about Holland as much as it seems. If the discussion can stay civil and intelligent, discussions on possible players, line combos, contracts, etc can be very interesting and informative. The off-season would be boring if no one questioned Holland. That is not to say that anyone is unhappy with him, but it is worthwhile to question other possible moves. Being an avid fan wouldn't be as fun if we didn't dissect and discuss the off-season.

The off-season would also be boring if no one questioned those questioning Holland...

lol @ the people saying asham isn't a good fighter. just shows how little some people on this board know outside the wings. dude is pound for pound on of the toughest and best fighters in the league and isn't afraid to fight heavy's. He wins more fights than he looses.

He would also destroy anyone on the wings except for downey, abby would get tuned.

Edited by redwingfan19

Guest PatKaneInHumane

lol @ the people saying asham isn't a good fighter. just shows how little some people on this board know outside the wings. dude is pound for pound on of the toughest and best fighters in the league and isn't afraid to fight heavy's. He wins more fights than he looses.

But... "Miller hits just as hard as him if not harder".

Seriously, it's hilarious how some fans on these boards overrate their players. You'd think Eaves was bound for a 30 goal season the way some people are talking about him in the line threads. Then we have captain hockey knowledge Heaten trying to just straight up lie and say every player on a roster is an important piece of a cup run, as if the NHL was like his 7 year old house league where everyone on the team/league got a trophy, on matter how bad they sucked.

I'll even admit that GMR went overboard in comparing Asham to Modano, but I guarantee you the same posters who are misconstruing posts like Chrisdetroit and heaten would be saying the exact same things if Asham was signed over Modano. "Hudler-Helm-Cleary is a damn good third line, and Asham gives us an x-factor. Who needed Modano's old ass anyways".

So ridiculous.

Edited by PatKaneInHumane

Seriously, it's hilarious how some fans on these boards overrate their players. You'd think Eaves was bound for a 30 goal season the way some people are talking about him in the line threads. Then we have captain hockey knowledge Heaten trying to just straight up lie and say every player on a roster is an important piece of a cup run, as if the NHL was like his 7 year old house league where everyone on the team/league got a trophy, on matter how bad they sucked.

I'll even admit that GMR went overboard in comparing Asham to Modano, but I guarantee you the same posters who are misconstruing posts like Chrisdetroit and heaten would be saying the exact same things if Asham was signed over Modano. "Hudler-Helm-Cleary is a damn good third line, and Asham gives us an x-factor. Who needed Modano's old ass anyways".

So ridiculous.

one of the reasons i don't post a whole lot these days, I just bust out the popcorn sit back and laugh. If you have a different opinion than the masses you get attacked and shat on so it's just not worth my time to respond. seems like more of a popularity contest than a hockey discussion board.

I can see why UK redwing doesn't post here anymore and now posts on RWC.

Edited by redwingfan19

Guest PatKaneInHumane

one of the reasons i don't post a whole lot these days, I just bust out the popcorn sit back and laugh. If you have a different opinion than the masses you get attacked and shat on so it's just not worth my time to respond. seems like more of a popularity contest than a hockey discussion board.

I can see why UK redwing doesn't post here anymore and now posts on RWC.

Yup, I was actually going to post intuellectually when I first made this account here, but after I got negged -30+ for simply suggesting that Getzlaf for Zetterberg would not "that bad of a deal" (seriously, I didn't even say that the deal would be awesome, simply that the Wing's would survive, and actually gain from it in the long term), and internet tough guys like ChrisDetroit and Heaten had to attack me because of course Zetterberg is the best player ever. Seriously, it's as if you have to be biased on this wing's board or you're immediately cast off as a troll. No wonder so many posters leave for the HFboards and routinely cite this site as the epitome of pompous and elitist Wing's fans.

Dude got banned. Somewhat permanently from what I hear.

Where did you hear that? What did he do?

I admit he was the biggest fighter slappy ever, but damnit he was our slappy. We may had disagreed, but, I always thought he was a very good poster.

Where did you hear that? What did he do?

I admit he was the biggest fighter slappy ever, but damnit he was our slappy. We may had disagreed, but, I always thought he was a very good poster.

RedWingsCentral.com forums. It might be the biggest joke of all Wings forums but I still check there every now and against to see if things get better or worse. Mostly worse over there though. Much of the time it's like crickets over there but whenever a topic is up for discussion it usually takes only one or two replies for it to go off-topic.

I feel bad for UK because he's trying to rationalize that partying at a 36 year old friend's Mom's house is better than at an actual, albeit crappy, bar.

He would also destroy anyone on the wings except for downey, abby would get tuned.

Pretty much anyone could destroy 90% of our roster if a fight...

I really don't see why so many people thinks he is such a badass. His fights aren't much to write home about and every time i have seen him fight a heavy weight like Orr he gets tossed around like a rage doll.

What ever happened to Miller Brew? I miss that guy.

I still remember the first PM he ever sent me.

Title: I'll ******* kill you

Message: You punk bastard. Where do you live? Wanna meet me mother f*****? Lets see how ******* much of a ***** you are. ******* *****

Makes me lol every time.

Edited by Tommy_Like_Wingy

So ridiculous.

Get your mockery straight. It was Helm, and I said he hits just as well, not as hard. I said Miller was just as physical. I stand by that. If you want to debate the relative efficacy of their respective physical games, I'd be glad to. But if you just want to throw around childish insults and whine about a meaningless rating system, then don't act surprised if you're not well received.

What ever happened to Miller Brew? I miss that guy.

I still remember the first PM he ever sent me.

Makes me lol every time.

Yeah, I remember that well. It was right after that Dallas shootout screwjob on the Ott goal. Did he send you any other PM's? :D

Didn't know about UK being banned though. Seems like all the fights fans are being banned over the last year. You know who that means is coming next. ;)

Edited by GMRwings1983

Yeah, I remember that well. It was right after that Dallas shootout screwjob on the Ott goal.

Didn't know about UK being banned though. Seems like all the fights fans are being banned over the last year. You know who that means is coming next. ;)

Mindfly? :hehe: