• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Grit/Fighting

Rate this topic

Now I know this subject causes issues among members here, but I'd honestly like to hear people's opinions on what teams will be the meanest this upcoming year. I'd like to discuss individual "enforcers" with everybody. In no way, shape, or form am I purposely trying to brew trouble. I simply would like to talk about the rough and nasty side of the game. I don't want this to turn into a debate thread, I just wanna talk grit and fighting. Who do you feel will be the meanest team this year?

Discuss (Without arguing)

My early predictions for fm leaders are the Ducks, Flames, and Leafs. Philly will obviously be up there too but im excluding them from my list. And Colton Orr will continue to kick everyone's ass.

Edited by cjm502

Toronto, Anaheim, Calgary, and Edmonton for me. With the Leafs adding Mike Brown, and with the possibility of Jay Rosehill playing a bit more than last year, I think Toronto will be up there in fighting majors. Edmonton won't get pushed around, with the additions of Steve MacIntyre, Colin Fraser, and Jim Vandermeer. There's still some tough guys available, like Brian McGrattan, Donald Brashear, and Nick Tarnasky.

Toronto, Anaheim, Calgary, and Edmonton for me.

Yeah, I think the same.

I would add that though none of the individual teams may challenge those listed above, the Atlantic division as a whole seems to be gearing up for a roughneck season. I'm not sure all the causes exactly; it seems like the Rangers may have just been choosing to go that direction, and the other teams followed. Or maybe to some extent trying to match Philly's success? Not sure, but I think those games could be fun to watch this season. I may try to get the extortionate Center-Ice package for that reason, plus being able to really see the Wings games.

I heard Brashear may be signing with the KHL. Don't know if it's legit, though.

I think the Leafs, Ducks and Flyers are a safe bet for toughest teams. However, Anaheim and Philly don't really have a great enforcer, if I'm not mistaken.

Guest mindfly

Oh and Sutton will make sure Ducks are right up there as well, almost 6'7 and a massive checker and is a bit mean

Edited by mindfly

I think Toronto's toughness is overrated actually. Orr is arguably the best enforcer in the league but other then him I just don't think their team is a tough as people seem too think. Mike Brown is just a middleweight and nothing special, Rosehill only played about 15 games last season (he is actually really good for a fighter he has wheels and a touch around the net), and most of the other guys are punks who aren't really tough. Phaneuf fights non fighters anymore, Schenn is a crappy fighter, Beauch never fights, Komi hardly fights now and the list goes on. They are a mean squad for sure but I really think overrated as well

...Beauch never fights ...

Kopy will be glad to hear that. :ph34r:

Rangers should be tough, with Booger and Prust, and a few other guys that will drop them on occasion. Like someone else mentioned, the Atlantic division will be entertaining for fight fans this year.

I think Toronto's toughness is overrated actually. Orr is arguably the best enforcer in the league but other then him I just don't think their team is a tough as people seem too think. Mike Brown is just a middleweight and nothing special, Rosehill only played about 15 games last season (he is actually really good for a fighter he has wheels and a touch around the net), and most of the other guys are punks who aren't really tough. Phaneuf fights non fighters anymore, Schenn is a crappy fighter, Beauch never fights, Komi hardly fights now and the list goes on. They are a mean squad for sure but I really think overrated as well

I agree. Toronto isn't stacked with fighters. However, they manage to do a great job of enforcing. Orr takes on the heavies, and the other 'fighters' (Komi, Schenn, etc) are willing to go if anyone takes liberties. Hopefully Rosey makes it into more games this year (he and Orr playing together was amazing). Between Orr and Brown, the Leafs should have 40 fights, and the others will likely get ~20.

I don't think Toronto is done yet this offseason. I think Burke will lure Raffi Torres and a veteran bottom 6 guy like Steve Begin, Darcy Tucker, or Adam Mair. I'm rooting for Rosehill to get some games under his belt this year. Dallas won't be getting pushed around, with a 4th line of Barch-Sutherby-Burish. Carolina hasn't picked up anyone notable this year, do they still consider Tom Kostopoulos their tough guy?:lol: