• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Knee still bothering Kronwall?

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

I don't wanna start another grit/toughness discussion, already plenty of them, although i can't say i wouldn't like some more sandpaper guys in the lineup, however ken holland had a pretty decent offseason and i'm as excited as i've been in years for the upcoming season, i still believe the current team can do wonders :thumbup:

What was really frustrating about last season was that he was shooting the puck better than he ever has right up until the injury. When he wound up his slapshot and was letting go these hard, accurate bombs he looked like a mini-Lidstrom out there. His shot missing the net was always one of his weak points, and when he came back it was like he'd forgotten how to shoot again :(

What was really frustrating about last season was that he was shooting the puck better than he ever has right up until the injury. When he wound up his slapshot and was letting go these hard, accurate bombs he looked like a mini-Lidstrom out there. His shot missing the net was always one of his weak points, and when he came back it was like he'd forgotten how to shoot again :(

This. He had several goals in the few games leading up to the Laraque hit. At that time he was the best D-Man on our team, and was skating and shooting as well as I've seen. Shame he went out when he did.

Hopefully he gets going this season and gets back to that form.

Updated translation to the first part of the article.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/08/trying_to_translate_marie_hall.html

"I don't have the power/strength in it during certain moves (on the ice) where it just folds. (= not pain, he says he can't use it as normal it just gives away). We'll see how it it goes. There's a risk that I could go over [to Detroit] a bit earlier than usual. It's for the best to go through the situation with the doctors and the organization over there."[/Quote]

So his MCL looks completely healed yet his knee just 'folds' unexpectedly during some maneuvers. That doesn't sound good, damn this guys shaky knees! Is his left knee the same one that he had the ACL replaced in a few years back?

Guest mindfly

August 24, Detroit News: "He's not happy at this point; he was hoping he'd feel better," said Wings general manager Ken Holland.

Holland said Kronwall has been in regular contact with Wings athletic trainer Piet Van Zant and is expected to arrive in Detroit in the next week. Training camp begins Sept. 17, but the Wings are expected to begin skating as a team next week.

Holland hasn't spoken to Kronwall this summer, but is under the impression Kronwall will be on the ice for the start of training camp. Kronwall mentioned in the hockey blog that surgery could ultimately be an option. But Holland said the possibility of surgery never has been broached or mentioned.

Edited by mindfly

If he needed surgery, we would not be informed until it was deemed necessary or know the entire nature of the injury. Prime examples are Lilja (more was going on than the general public knew) and Hossa played with a wonky shoulder.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/08/lingering_knee_injury_might_ke.html

Kronner to have the knee scoped. Hopefully its nothing major.

Article says he may miss the start of camp but should be ready for the season.

Anybody else really hate Georges Laraque???

It wouldn't bother me all that much but we all saw how Zetterberg was at the start of last year and then pretty much the rest of next season.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest mindfly

I had a horrible nightmare the other night, first preseason game just when kronner felt good and had his knee fixed he left for the dressingroom with severe shoulderpain and had to get surgery and on the IR for several months...man was i happy that it was just a horrible dream...

I had a horrible nightmare the other night, first preseason game just when kronner felt good and had his knee fixed he left for the dressingroom with severe shoulderpain and had to get surgery and on the IR for several months...man was i happy that it was just a horrible dream...

If that or some degree of that actually happens... :crybaby:

With kronner you never know :(... I think we all must pray now for him to stay healthy :thumbup:

Not just prayer but maybe also perform some Native American rituals. Some like how every time they slayed an animal for food that they would perform a ritual so that the nature Gods wouldn't punish them.

Anytime Kronwall makes a good pass out of the zone or strips someone of the puck I think we should do the same.

Guest mindfly

Not just prayer but maybe also perform some Native American rituals. Some like how every time they slayed an animal for food that they would perform a ritual so that the nature Gods wouldn't punish them.

Anytime Kronwall makes a good pass out of the zone or strips someone of the puck I think we should do the same.

Sounds like a plan

We fans must help kronwall in any way we can :ph34r: