• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PROBIE4PREZ

Ozzie article

Rate this topic

why does this always happen when Osgood's name comes up??? lots of people blowing gaskets about how good/not good he is... I thought we all agreed last year he was a mediocre goalie who played for great teams and consequently has better numbers than other goalies of his ilk... such as Arthus Irbe, Dan Cloutier, Damian Rhodes, Ron Tugnutt, Steve Sheilds, Manny Fernendez, etc

I can see Ozzie's tenure in Detroit lasting exactly as long as McCollum's development stint in GR. To me this means Ozzie will most likely play one or two years beyond this upcoming season. But I would not be suprised to see a Howard/McCollum tandem in 2012/13. Who knows though, anything can happen, especially with goalies in Detroit.

This is pretty much what I think too. When McCollum is ready, Ozzy will have to go. By that time, Howard will have a lot more experience and will be solid as a starter.

My worry comes in about 2015ish. With both McCollum and Howard being full-time NHL'ers, who are we going to keep, and who will go?

Osgood, more often than not always under-appreciated for his career. Last year obviously wasn't his year, partially due to him not fully putting the numbers up, and partially due to coaching decisions. I'm not going to get into how much I think coaching decisions to not put him in affect his play/lack thereof for once game during the new year or whatever.

I'm all for Osgood staying here for as long as his body can hold it physically. I don't care if he's the backup now, I still dig him.

Osgood :beerbuddy:

I'm not wings management, and I have no say in what the wings do, but here is my 2 cents:

I believe his play this season as the back up from day one and how well Howard handles his second season will determine how long Osgood is here. If Osgood does a decent job backing up J-Ho and J-Ho has a good season I can see them keeping him on as a back up. But, if for any reason Osgood can not adjust to being a back up for the season or Howard falters really badly, I can see Osgood being nicely, but firmly told his services in Detroit have come to an end. There are some very good goaltending talent coming onto the market next season and if Howard shows he can't take the starting goaltender mantle on his own, I could see Detroit going after a better back-up who can play tandem with Howard.

I'm not wings management, and I have no say in what the wings do, but here is my 2 cents:

I believe his play this season as the back up from day one and how well Howard handles his second season will determine how long Osgood is here. If Osgood does a decent job backing up J-Ho and J-Ho has a good season I can see them keeping him on as a back up. But, if for any reason Osgood can not adjust to being a back up for the season or Howard falters really badly, I can see Osgood being nicely, but firmly told his services in Detroit have come to an end. There are some very good goaltending talent coming onto the market next season and if Howard shows he can't take the starting goaltender mantle on his own, I could see Detroit going after a better back-up who can play tandem with Howard.

So are you Pro Ozzie?

That should be another one of those issues in your list.

So are you Pro Ozzie?

That should be another one of those issues in your list.

I'm pro waiting and seeing... last year was his first real season as a back up, not as a pair or a starter, so like with most wings players last season it could be an off year and next year he could play better, we dont know. Since this is the last year of his contract, I will reserve my opinion until after he proves/disproves his ability to be a good back up.

I'm pro waiting and seeing... last year was his first real season as a back up, not as a pair or a starter, so like with most wings players last season it could be an off year and next year he could play better, we dont know. Since this is the last year of his contract, I will reserve my opinion until after he proves/disproves his ability to be a good back up.

I'd prefer he become a pair again and the Wings have a 1A and 1B like a couple years ago. If Ozzie wants to be the Wings leading goaltender in wins he'll probably have to get up to that level.

I'd prefer he become a pair again and the Wings have a 1A and 1B like a couple years ago. If Ozzie wants to be the Wings leading goaltender in wins he'll probably have to get up to that level.

I don't think thats going to happen... i think if he plays 32 games.... id be very happy.

Guest best poster in LGW history

best poster in LGW history

whats up with the name?

the best poster in LGW history has the best username in LGW history.

i'm kind of a big deal.

While the arrogance is certainly there, E_S_A_D at least had the dignity to avoid annoying and outdated internet memes like 'cool story bro' in attempt to one-up others.

the best poster in LGW history has the best username in LGW history.

i'm kind of a big deal.

Like that?