• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

Well fellow PS3ers, with 2 weeks until one of my favorite days of the year, I figured I'd try (again) to set up a (mostly) LGW EASHL team. I've always wanted to form a competitive team and really tear it up, and I think this is the year.

So post here if you'd be interested in an EASHL team. Post your PSN ID and I'll add you and we'll see if we can't get ourselves a strong team. And in case anyone cares, I'm pretty good at this game if I do say so myself :ph34r: 16-2-1 with 1 DC in my last 20 versus play games (idiot friend flipped the switch the router was on during a game, was winning the game handily though). My PP% is over 35% since I've been keeping track of my solo games separately (I've been playing with friends on my team a lot lately), and I have more SHG for than PPG against. I was ranked #3 for the past week, and I cracked the top 50 overall in NHL 09 and just haven't played enough to get there in 10. I state these partially to brag :P, but mainly to assuage any fears that you'd be joining a team assembled by someone who sucks.

People on this site are generally knowledgeable about hockey, and I know a lot of people have played competitively, so I'm sure that a LGW team could do really well.

I'm also posting a similar thread on another board that has a lot of really good hockey fans (mostly Rangers fans with various others thrown in) because I really want to get a team up and running for 11.

So, who's in?

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#2 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,858 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:39 AM

I think this a great idea and would love to join, but I don't have the free time that I used to that allows me to play these games as much as I would like.

That and I haven't played an EA hockey game since NHL 2003.

But good luck on the league

#3 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

I'm interested. I didn't try playing for a club or a league until many months after 10 came out, so it never worked for me. I had one that folded after the first two games, so I really, really want to join one right away when it's most active.

PS3 ID: VM1138

Edited by VM1138, 25 August 2010 - 08:33 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#4 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

I think this a great idea and would love to join, but I don't have the free time that I used to that allows me to play these games as much as I would like.

That and I haven't played an EA hockey game since NHL 2003.

But good luck on the league

You don't need to be super-dedicated or anything to join the team. In fact, the more people we have on the roster, the better probably. And 11 is gonna be sick so you should definitely get it.

I'm interested. I didn't try playing for a club or a league until many months after 10 came out, so it never worked for me. I had one that folded after the first two games, so I really, really want to join one right away when it's most active.

PS3 ID: VM1138

Sweet, I'll add you when I get home. I've got at least 2 from the other board so far, so as long as people actually join, things are lookin' pretty good.

Posted Image

#5 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:35 PM

i have played the last 2 years with a team put together from the calgary puck forums. in nhl09 we were really active and were generally in the top 100. this year though we weren't as active and lost some of our better players who wanted to play more. if we could get a decent core of skilled players i would be interested in playing.

i dont play versus much so i have no stats to brag about, but i have played over 1000 games at LD the last 2 years and generally average a point a game and am a plus player.

Edited by dobbles, 24 September 2010 - 04:29 PM.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#6 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

i have played the last 2 years with a team put together from the calgary puck forums. in nhl09 we were really active and were generally in the top 100. this year though we weren't as active and lost some of our better players who wanted to play more. if we could get a decent core of skilled players i would be interested in playing.

i dont play versus much so i have no stats to brag about, but i have played over 1000 games at LD the last 2 years and generally average a point a game and am a plus player.

my psn is dobbles81

Awesome, ~PPG and + player sounds pretty damn good to me.

So far I have 3 from my other board in. 2 so far here plus me makes 6. I don't know what the minimum number of players will be in 11, but I'm really stoked about this.

Just the nature of the other board, they're going to want a clever and likely offensive team name. Anyone here have any suggestions?

Posted Image

#7 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

here is some eashl changes for this years game:

http://www.easports....ents-for-nhl-11

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#8 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:23 AM

Id like to join an EASHL team for NHL 11. I was on one for NHL 10 but we only played a few games, I was top scorer :siren:

My VS record in NHL 10 is 78-38-5 and a lot of those losses are my roomates playing or me playing with a buddy who is not so good. I can usually dominate online!

PSN ID: KyleDaKilla5

#9 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:12 PM

Just sent out friend requests to everyone, hopefully we can get this team up and running pretty soon here.

Posted Image

#10 jmad

jmad

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:42 AM

How does this work exactly? Are games scheduled that you have to show up for? If I can't make it does the computer play my guy? I have NHL 10 but never got into the online elements much.

#11 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:49 AM

guys just pop on when they want, and when you have a few guys you can play together. there is no schedules or required times to play.

the nice thing this year is that they finally have practice mode. so if you just have a couple guys on and want to work on something specific, you can go into the practice mode and mess around.

#12 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

Cool, Im looking forward to getting a team going.

Anyone know how to unlock booster packs or player upgrades? I want to get my guys attributes up, what is the easiest way? I shouldn't play Be a Pro mode with him right?

#13 jmad

jmad

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

Sounds fun. Maybe I'll join up with you guys. Along withthe last post, what's the best way to get a player going? Any position that's lacking players?

#14 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:57 PM

improving your players is 2 fold: getting cards from experience, and using the boost slots and attribute boosts.

as far as player cards, you need a combination of games played and good grades. your games and grades online are totally seperate from offline. you can play BAP till your hearts content. it wont effect your eashl stats. each card you get gives you more XP to upgrade attributes.

in addition to this, there is upgrades attached to equipment. last year, it was the equipment itself that help boost slots. this year they are independent. but you still need to unlock each slot associated with each piece of equipment. at the bottom of this link is the various tasks needs to unlock each slot:

http://www.operation...115&postcount=1

once you have slots open, you need to put boosts there. there are 3 boosts for every attribute: +1, +3, and +5. for each of the boosts there is another task associated with unlocking it. here is a post that tells how to unlock all the +3 and +5 boosts:

http://www.operation...116&postcount=2

in addition to the various tasks, each boost slot and boost can be purchased from the psn store. lots of people just spend the money to get what they need. you can also do a combination both. buy some and earn some.

in addition, there are boost packs. they are player type specific. if you equip a boost pack, then you cannot use XP and individual boosts. it is an either/or situation. however, the boost packs can be a good step early on before you have earned cards and unlocked the multitude of individual boosts.

my advice? if you are new to online play it might be worth it to buy a boost pack. then you can be ahead of the game for a while. then you can work on earning your cards and earning boosts. then you can switch over after a month or so and be better off. if you want to earn the boosts, the best way to earn a ton of them is start an offline BAP career. many of the boosts require BAP success. they also require you play 40 games of the season to prevent simming the whole thing. the best way to do it is to put it way down on rookie and boost all the settings of human skills. then sim individual games and play only the 3rd period or last 5 minutes and get several points. i just finished the first regular season BAP and have 4 slots, 7 +5's, and 11 +3's unlocked so far. in my season i ended up with like 120 goals and 180 points. thats what i mean by super easy difficulty!

i know this has been long, but it seems like several of you are totally new to this, so i started at the most basic level.

#15 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

improving your players is 2 fold: getting cards from experience, and using the boost slots and attribute boosts.

as far as player cards, you need a combination of games played and good grades. your games and grades online are totally seperate from offline. you can play BAP till your hearts content. it wont effect your eashl stats. each card you get gives you more XP to upgrade attributes.

in addition to this, there is upgrades attached to equipment. last year, it was the equipment itself that help boost slots. this year they are independent. but you still need to unlock each slot associated with each piece of equipment. at the bottom of this link is the various tasks needs to unlock each slot:

http://www.operation...115&postcount=1

once you have slots open, you need to put boosts there. there are 3 boosts for every attribute: +1, +3, and +5. for each of the boosts there is another task associated with unlocking it. here is a post that tells how to unlock all the +3 and +5 boosts:

http://www.operation...116&postcount=2

in addition to the various tasks, each boost slot and boost can be purchased from the psn store. lots of people just spend the money to get what they need. you can also do a combination both. buy some and earn some.

in addition, there are boost packs. they are player type specific. if you equip a boost pack, then you cannot use XP and individual boosts. it is an either/or situation. however, the boost packs can be a good step early on before you have earned cards and unlocked the multitude of individual boosts.

my advice? if you are new to online play it might be worth it to buy a boost pack. then you can be ahead of the game for a while. then you can work on earning your cards and earning boosts. then you can switch over after a month or so and be better off. if you want to earn the boosts, the best way to earn a ton of them is start an offline BAP career. many of the boosts require BAP success. they also require you play 40 games of the season to prevent simming the whole thing. the best way to do it is to put it way down on rookie and boost all the settings of human skills. then sim individual games and play only the 3rd period or last 5 minutes and get several points. i just finished the first regular season BAP and have 4 slots, 7 +5's, and 11 +3's unlocked so far. in my season i ended up with like 120 goals and 180 points. thats what i mean by super easy difficulty!

i know this has been long, but it seems like several of you are totally new to this, so i started at the most basic level.

Great post, thanks.

So I can unlock boost items by completing those tasks with my offline BAP and apply them to my online EASHL player?

But the experience points gained in offline mode only apply to increasing my offline BAP attributes?

#16 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

Great post, thanks.

So I can unlock boost items by completing those tasks with my offline BAP and apply them to my online EASHL player?

But the experience points gained in offline mode only apply to increasing my offline BAP attributes?

that is correct.

last year, most all of the boost unlocks had to be done offline. however, because of feedback, they added online components to most of them. thats why you see 2 options for most of the unlocks this year. people that played exclusively online resented the fact they had to play offline to unlock stuff. there are still a few that require you to play GM mode or some random things, but most are done with BAP online or offline.

#17 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

What's our team name?

The LG Wings?

#18 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

We don't even have a team name yet. That sounds as good a name as any to me though.

Posted Image

#19 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:10 PM

Add me if you'd like, I've been trying to find a team to join. Last year I was about .600 in one on one games but around .700 -.800 in team play games.

PSN ID: konnan511

As I have just graduated from college, i have some time on my hand and can be made readily available to kick some ass!

Edited by Konnan511, 08 September 2010 - 10:17 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#20 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:22 PM

Awesome, ~PPG and + player sounds pretty damn good to me.

So far I have 3 from my other board in. 2 so far here plus me makes 6. I don't know what the minimum number of players will be in 11, but I'm really stoked about this.

Just the nature of the other board, they're going to want a clever and likely offensive team name. Anyone here have any suggestions?

Two Filppulas One Cup
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users