• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:02 PM

I'll add those of you that aren't already on my list in a little bit.

Minor problem on my end, though. My PS3 broke on Monday. Got a new one already, but I'm having issues restoring all my old data (stripped some screws on the caddy for the HD on my old PS3). So that means I don't have all the upgrades I unlocked and bought previously. I'll restore the ones I bought today, but I'm not sure how long it'll be until I get the other ones back.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#42 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

I'll add those of you that aren't already on my list in a little bit.

Minor problem on my end, though. My PS3 broke on Monday. Got a new one already, but I'm having issues restoring all my old data (stripped some screws on the caddy for the HD on my old PS3). So that means I don't have all the upgrades I unlocked and bought previously. I'll restore the ones I bought today, but I'm not sure how long it'll be until I get the other ones back.

n00b :sly:
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#43 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

Sorry that I havnt been online at all. If I do play, I'm busy with my Be a GM mode. I want to play online, but quickly get fed up with all the booster packs. My skater is still a noob and it is frustrating to play with him.

How do I buy a booster pack? And do I have to buy the one that matches my player type (ex two-way forward booster pack for my two-way forward)? What if I change my player type, would I have to buy a new booster pack?

#44 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

WingsChamps08 XBL 360 if there are any spots on 360 team
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#45 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:52 AM

Sorry that I havnt been online at all. If I do play, I'm busy with my Be a GM mode. I want to play online, but quickly get fed up with all the booster packs. My skater is still a noob and it is frustrating to play with him.

How do I buy a booster pack? And do I have to buy the one that matches my player type (ex two-way forward booster pack for my two-way forward)? What if I change my player type, would I have to buy a new booster pack?

You don't have to match the pack to your player type. They each just boost the stats that are most appropriate for that player type, but you can use them no matter what type you change to. Keep in mind that you can't use the xp you earn from your cards when you have a boost pack equipped.

Seems like you've got the right idea by using a TWF to start with though. I just earned my pro card, and this is my build, works pretty damn well for me. I've unlocked some individual boosts and bought some other ones.

My build

It says 74 there, but I'm actually a 78.

Edited by SeeinRed, 11 October 2010 - 03:54 AM.

Posted Image

#46 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:22 AM

Just wanted to point out something useful for anyone having a hard time getting the legend card: The build you choose affects how your team-play will grade out. What I mean is if you choose the Sniper build, shooting a lot will help your teamplay grade. Being a playmaker, you must pass alot and get assists.

Only problem with these is that unless you're very good, these could actually hurt you since there's plenty of negatives to go with them. Such as if you're a Sniper, if you miss the net or your shot gets blocked more often than you hit the net, you'll prolly end up with a bad teamplay grade. If you turn the puck over a lot as a playmaker, you'll prolly still end up with a bad teamplay grade. If you don't score on the power-plays (mostly in OTP, which you will get alot of since most everyone that plays this game is an idiot), you'll get a bad team grade.

The build I found that's most beneficial in getting a high grade is the Power Forward build (might be the same with TWF but I'm not sure, haven't tried yet). lol all you literally have to do is check people. Play good positioning, check as much as possible, and get at least a point and you'll end a game with all A+ every time. I started using this build for the last 20 games played and I've literally had A+ every time, usually getting around 15-20 hits a game, getting at least a point or more. My overall right now is an A, but I still have about 60 games to go before I reach 150 gp, so I still have a ways to go.

Keep in mind that the PF build is s*** for defense, but it's a very fun OTP build. You can screw around your way to legend! :cool:

Edited by dropkickshanahans, 17 October 2010 - 01:24 AM.

#47 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

Same with 2WF basically. I only put up about 7-10 hits/game with it (along with 3+ points usually), but it's difficult for me to get anything less than an A- in team play. Granted I never take penalties, generally make good passes, and don't take stupid shots, but I'm pretty sure the hits are the biggest deal.

But yeah, I basically do get to just screw around and blast people all game long. This build works fairly well for defense too.

Posted Image

#48 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:30 PM

Played three games with Seeinred last night. We had some bad luck. We won the first game 1 to 0. The other two games we lost hitting about 15 posts and getting scored on from backhands out by the blue line. It was a ton of fun though. We need to do it again.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#49 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:24 PM

Anyone up for some EASHL tonight ?
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#50 Tod29

Tod29

Draftee

• 0 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:41 PM

If anyone is interested, i'm looking for an eashl team because i'm sick and tired of playing on my own team that consists of a bunch of goons, retards, and straight morons. If anyone has a team that has a little talent in order to gain hope for when the playoffs come around, or atleast finish high in the rankings, I would love an opportunity for a tryout. Don't let my online record fool you, I like to screw around with my buddies, so drunk I don't remember half the games, but I have won games regularly around 14-2 or 10-1, stuff like that. I do have a pro that has more points than games played, although it could be higher if I had actual teammates. Moral of the story, skilled nhl 11 gamer NEEDING HELP!!

Gamertag: Tod29

#51 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

If anyone is interested, i'm looking for an eashl team because i'm sick and tired of playing on my own team that consists of a bunch of goons, retards, and straight morons. If anyone has a team that has a little talent in order to gain hope for when the playoffs come around, or atleast finish high in the rankings, I would love an opportunity for a tryout. Don't let my online record fool you, I like to screw around with my buddies, so drunk I don't remember half the games, but I have won games regularly around 14-2 or 10-1, stuff like that. I do have a pro that has more points than games played, although it could be higher if I had actual teammates. Moral of the story, skilled nhl 11 gamer NEEDING HELP!!

Gamertag: Tod29

Wish I had seen this sooner. I think we have a good team, we just never play really. I've played with a few different people and everyone's good, we just never seem to be on at the same time. If you're still looking for a team I'll toss you an invite though, I'm playing a lot (just got my legend card a few days ago)

Posted Image

#52 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:01 PM

I'm up for joining a team now. Finally got things in order and got NHL 11 and am ready to play online. I generally only play after 6pm, and sometimes much later, but if I know there are others playing consistently I will be on consistently to play. Anyway, I'm looking forward to finally getting on a team (I never found an active one on NHL 10 by the time I started playing online) or a league.

I'll be on tonight for a while, VM1138.

Edited by VM1138, 02 November 2010 - 06:05 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#53 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:00 PM

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE NEW ROSTER UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Ruins BAP and BAGM
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#54 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE NEW ROSTER UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Ruins BAP and BAGM

Seeinred and I are playing EASHL....join us.

#55 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

Heh, I started a EASHL club, even though I have no clue what the hell I'm doing.

Then I just decided to join a drop-in game last night...we got pummeled 10-3. :P

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#56 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

Heh, I started a EASHL club, even though I have no clue what the hell I'm doing.

Then I just decided to join a drop-in game last night...we got pummeled 10-3. :P

That'll happen. I've played 150+ drop in games and had a bunch of those both ways.

Posted Image

#57 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

Yeah, it is frustrating when you get stuck on a drop in team with people who either don't know how to play or puck hog.

#58 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

Yeah, it is frustrating when you get stuck on a drop in team with people who either don't know how to play or puck hog.

Or when someone who's clearly not a goalie decides to give it a shot and actually plays the whole game.

Posted Image

#59 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

Anyone up for a game tonight?

EDIT: As for the roster update problems, am I the only one not having any issue at all that I've noticed in BAP?

Edited by VM1138, 07 November 2010 - 07:39 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#60 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

Anyone up for a game tonight?

EDIT: As for the roster update problems, am I the only one not having any issue at all that I've noticed in BAP?

I won't be able to play until 12:30-1:00 probably, but if anyone's around I'm definitely down.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users