• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

Yeah, it is frustrating when you get stuck on a drop in team with people who either don't know how to play or puck hog.

This is why I've started off mostly playing D when I play the drop-in games. Last game we played wasn't too bad. Lot of back and forth scoring, ended up losing 6-5, but I got a couple assists from some nifty passing plays from the point. I just need to be careful taking penalties. :P

As for the roster update problems, am I the only one not having any issue at all that I've noticed in BAP?

Are the roster updates that I received when I went into EASHL supposed to apply in the offline game? I noticed that the rosters there were correct, but when I went back into offline, it seemed like it was still the old rosters (sans Modano, etc.).

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#62 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

I played a few games last night. The first game we were up 2 to 0 with 1:32 to go and the guy playing goal for us just started effing around in the end and they tied it up. We went into OT and won. The second game I played LW and the guy who was playing center on our team would NOT pass the puck up the ice. I would be way up ice and if he would have just passed the GD puck I would have been on a break because the other team would cherry pick. He would skate it up without passing all the way into the zone. So annoying. He never passed.

Does anyone know if you get EXP points playing drop in games ? It doesn't seem like you do but I wondered.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#63 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

I played a few games last night. The first game we were up 2 to 0 with 1:32 to go and the guy playing goal for us just started effing around in the end and they tied it up. We went into OT and won. The second game I played LW and the guy who was playing center on our team would NOT pass the puck up the ice. I would be way up ice and if he would have just passed the GD puck I would have been on a break because the other team would cherry pick. He would skate it up without passing all the way into the zone. So annoying. He never passed.

Does anyone know if you get EXP points playing drop in games ? It doesn't seem like you do but I wondered.

And that's why I have no desire to play center (on top of not being very good at faceoffs yet, but still better than I was in NHL 10), because I have a feeling I'd end up being one of those guys. :lol: It's funny, there are some drop-in games where the C position goes immediately. Others, it's the last one picked.

I'll say this - playing BAP in NHL 10 really prepped me for those drop-in games. Playing a single position is so different (and in some ways, more satisfying) than playing as a whole team.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#64 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

Anyone up for a game tonight?

EDIT: As for the roster update problems, am I the only one not having any issue at all that I've noticed in BAP?

The new patch just came out, maybe that's why you aren't experiencing it. The last patch sent great players to the AHL and weren't recalled in BAP. Apparently they fixed it now. I'll have to give it a go.

New roster update should be coming up shortly i.e. about a week.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#65 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,297 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

Will anyone be around later tonight for a game? The fiancee might be going out with a friend and after a long day of studying I think a few games of NHL 11 sounds good for tonight.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users