Raffi Torres signs with Vancouver

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Solid signing by nucks, their team looks very good, early favourite i'd say:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson

Hodgson-Malholtra-Torres

Hansen-Rypien-Oreskovich/Bolduc/Glass

Any idea about Defensemen, they signed hometown boy Hamhuis this summer too I remember... hmm

Guest mindfly

I agree, Luongo is overrated and not worth his massive contract, they could have signed a solid goalie and then add another impact player with the money left over.

Good signing by the Nucks. Wonder what line he will play on or be paired with Sammy Davis Jr Jr.

Imagine what they'd look like without Luongo's contract.

I agree, Luongo is overrated and not worth his massive contract, they could have signed a solid goalie and then add another impact player with the money left over.

They could always loan him to a team in Europe, more specifically Switzerland and sign Niemi.

Edited by Rivalred

Any idea about Defensemen, they signed hometown boy Hamhuis this summer too I remember... hmm

I have a friend who is a huge Canucks fan, so I hear about them more than I'd like to. Bieksa is likely on the move, as they currently have 9 defensemen. Also, Salo's 3.5 is going to be off the books with him on LTIR. I think Alberts will be on the outs with the team with his poor play last year. So it should look something like...

Ehrhoff-Edler

Hamhuis-Ballard

O'Brien-Alberts(Salo)

Rome

I think they may try to sign Mitchell for cheap, so they can bump Alberts out of the picture. That third pairing would be pretty ugly IMO. If not, I could see Evan Oberg getting some time with the big club.

Edited by Jesusberg

Guest mindfly

I would probably switch ehrhoff and edler with hamuis and ballard, the latter pair is more top pair defensemen imo...

Burrows' shoulder problem (that severly hamperred him in the playoffs) will most likely keep him out the beginning of the season, so Sammy will probably start the season with the Sedins.

Edited by T.Low

Vancouver has a plethora of fowards.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson

Hodgson(?)-Malhotra-Torres

Hansen-Rypien-Glass

*Hordichuk/Bolduc/Tambellinni/V.Oreskovic

Maybe they're looking at trading at least one of those extra forwards? I'm thinking Bolduc will spend the majority of the season in the AHL, barring injuries. Depth is never a bad thing. They're looking like one hell of a well-rounded team.

Ehrhoff-Edler

Hamhuis-Ballard

O'Brien-Alberts(Salo)

Rome

I'd add either Mitchell or Bieksa to that list. At least one of them should still be a Canuck to start the season, if not both.

edit: solid rumour that Mitchell has signed a multi-year deal with the Kings.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/08/25/mitchell_willie_kings/

Edited by Chairman Maouth

For some reason I've always seen the Canucks as harmless, even when they've had good teams in the past. Not the same as the Sharks who've always folded under pressure but just incapable of winning. This team though... still something missing... don't know what.

For some reason I've always seen the Canucks as harmless, even when they've had good teams in the past. Not the same as the Sharks who've always folded under pressure but just incapable of winning. This team though... still something missing... don't know what.

Discipline and or coaching?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAxFCo0qkI0&feature=search

Edited by Rivalred

Confirmed that Mitchell has signed with the Kings - 7 mil - 2 years. Canucks will likely hang on to Bieksa.

Ehrhoff-Edler

Hamhuis-Ballard

Bieksa-O'Brien(Salo)

Very solid D-core top to bottom.

Great d-core. Cant believe Bieksa is a #5, good problem to have haha.

I almost think they have to move Bieksa. They're 3.658 million over the cap, including Salo's cap hit. When he returns, his salary goes back on the books. Maybe they hang onto him and try to move Bieksa when Salo returns? Something has to give, either way.

I almost think they have to move Bieksa. They're 3.658 million over the cap, including Salo's cap hit. When he returns, his salary goes back on the books. Maybe they hang onto him and try to move Bieksa when Salo returns? Something has to give, either way.

I'm far from being a cap expert, but they could move SOB, park Alberts and Hordichuk in Manitoba, hang on to Bieksa until Salo returns, then trade one of them. I think there are all sorts of options available still. Gillis will do the right thing.