• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaliWingsNut

National TV schedule released.

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

11 games on versus this season, along with 5 other teams (caps, penguins, rangers, hawks, & bruins) thumbdown.gif

-paraphrased from @nhl

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Yeah...I need Center Ice. Hmm. This puts a damper on things...if I get that, I won't have enough money to go to Detroit in Nov. like I was planning. Guess I could just save up some more and go in March instead, and that way I could go to the game vs. the Pens, which would be fun. Decisions, decisions...

here is the breakdown of how many times each team will be on versus:

Boston 11

Chicago 11

Detroit 11

NY Rangers 11

Pittsburgh 11

Washington 11

Buffalo 9

Minnesota 9

Philadelphia 9

San Jose 8

New Jersey 7

Montreal 6

Tampa Bay 6

Colorado 5

Los Angeles 5

Phoenix 5

St. Louis 5

Carolina 4

Columbus 3

Dallas 3

NY Islanders 2

Anaheim 1

Atlanta 1

Calgary 1

Nashville 1

Toronto 1

Vancouver 1

Edmonton 0

Florida 0

Ottawa 0

Guest CaliWingsNut

here is the breakdown of how many times each team will be on versus:

Tampa made a nice bump... doubt it was sporting 6 VS games last year.

forgot to mention that out of the 11 times the wings will be on versus, they play 10 different teams. their last 2 are both against the hawks. but they plays a pretty good variety of teams on the national stage. i am sure that if they get on nbc it will be against the hawks. thats really the only matchup that nbc will ever break the east only rule for.

For those of us who don't get those channels, keep us posted, EH? :ranting:

Has anybody heard anything about if or when ESPN is going to start getting back into the act?

ESPN will show hockey again around the same time Darren Pang grows hair, or Engblom cuts the mullet. <_< Center Ice for me this season, expensive but worth it.

ESPN will show hockey again around the same time Darren Pang grows hair, or Engblom cuts the mullet. <_< Center Ice for me this season, expensive but worth it.

Ah, well. ...First time I can remember hoping you were/are dead wrong. :ph34r: As for Center Ice, you are Right On. I believe and predict you will find it worth the expense. :thumbup:

Ah, well. ...First time I can remember hoping you were/are dead wrong. :ph34r: As for Center Ice, you are Right On. I believe and predict you will find it worth the expense. :thumbup:

I've had CI before, and it's great except all I do is watch hockey every night.

Wait. That's good. Never mind. :blush:

I don't mind Versus that much, unlike most here.

I've had CI before, and it's great except all I do is watch hockey every night.

Wait. That's good. Never mind. :blush:

I don't mind Versus that much, unlike most here.

Eccshuallly, I don't mind Versus all that much either. Even ol' Peener head isn't all bad. Just a little gushy sometimes. ...So to speak... :ph34r:

I know alot of you think Center Ice is spendy but if you're truly a diehard wings fan your going to get it. I've had it for the past four years and it makes this all moot, because when the season rolls around I get ALL the games :).

Blackhawks are raising their SCC banner on Oct.9th when the Wings are visiting.

Good. I want the Wings to take all of that in. Maybe it'll give them a little fire. They know deep down that if they were healthy against those turds in a playoff series that they would've come out the winner.

From TSN :

With the most nationally-televised NHL regular season games in Canada, TSN and TSN2 deliver Canada's favourite pastime to fans from coast to coast with its 124-game NHL ON TSN broadcast schedule for the 2010-11 regular season. All games are available nationally in High Definition. Games and highlights are also available on demand on TSN.ca.

I'm glad you'll be able to watch the Wings play on tv instead of searching for a stream every game. :)

I'm glad you'll be able to watch the Wings play on tv instead of searching for a stream every game. :)

me, too. Before I get too happy, I better check and make sure Time Warner still offers Center Ice. I honestly would not be surprised if they don't. They just tried (and failed) to dump most of the time-honored public access channels here in Austin, shove them off the digital tier to make more room for profitable offerings and free up bandwidth they can sell. <_<

Don't get me wrong. I don't watch city council meetings - they resemble a British Parliament meeting sometimes, complete with objects and profanity being slung about :hehe: so they are entertaining on occasion.

My point is that if they will dump public access because it doesn't make them enough cash, why would they throw away 18 channels on the paid sports tier, if there are only a handful of subscribers? Believe me, sometimes I think there are only a dozen hockey fans in this town. Most of them belong to LGW. :cool:

TWC still does not, and says they never will, offer NHL Network. Hockey Hell here.

Edited by puckloo39