• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Steve Downie re-signs with Lightning

Rate this topic

This guy is scum, I like grit, but not in this case.

he threw his fair share of cheap shots when he was in Philadelphia, but he's really developing into a force. He does everything out there. 22 goals, 208 PIM, and he's just getting started. He's one of the very few true power forwards in today's NHL, like i've said.

Hes really toned down his antics as of late with Tampa. I wonder if hes just growing up?

Either way if the wings could get this guy somehow I would be ecstatic, 22 goals and over 200 PIMs. He's a guy you can play on your top line and he'll protect your stars from the punks this league has

Good for Tampa. Downie has definitely worked out for them.

If the cap hit is low this will be a very good signing.

1.85 mil cap hit? Well done, Stevie.

And he is an RFA after the contract expires. Very well done.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Hes really toned down his antics as of late with Tampa. I wonder if hes just growing up?

Either way if the wings could get this guy somehow I would be ecstatic, 22 goals and over 200 PIMs. He's a guy you can play on your top line and he'll protect your stars from the punks this league has

He'll continue to develop offensively and he'll probably ending up fighting a bit more due to the departure of Zenon Konopka. Downie is definitely among my favorite players right now.