Photo
- - - - -

LA Kings sign Willie Mitchell

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

Mitchell signs for LAA Kings.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#2 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

hopefully they just screwed themselves out of being able to sign Doughty or Johnson after this season.......how SWEEEET would Doughty be in a Wings uni replacing Lids

#3 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

Getting Doughty will be a pipe dream; Johnson on the other hand is a different story.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#4 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

Yeah the only way we could get him would be if we gave up a ton of players for him in trade or if he wanted out of LA so bad that he signed a short term deal to hit free agency. Neither would happen in the real world.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#5 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

not saying its going to happen but Lids might be done after this season, Johnson Doughty,Simmonds,Moller and Bernier are all FA at the same time, which puts the Kings in a bad spot because at least Bernier,Johnson,Doughty and Simmonds are going to get raises, and if Lids retires and Doughty hits the market you can bet your child/unborn child Holland is going to try and bring him in.

#6 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

not saying its going to happen but Lids might be done after this season, Johnson Doughty,Simmonds,Moller and Bernier are all FA at the same time, which puts the Kings in a bad spot because at least Bernier,Johnson,Doughty and Simmonds are going to get raises, and if Lids retires and Doughty hits the market you can bet your child/unborn child Holland is going to try and bring him in.

But of all their other D men, the Kings are going to dump the most salary on Doughty. We won't be able to match what they will give him. Lid's 6mil freed will be nothing. He'll get at LEAST 8m with a cap of probably 6. They'll do a long term deal, I'd bet on it.

#7 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

But of all their other D men, the Kings are going to dump the most salary on Doughty. We won't be able to match what they will give him. Lid's 6mil freed will be nothing. He'll get at LEAST 8m with a cap of probably 6. They'll do a long term deal, I'd bet on it.

8mil for Doughty? No way.
7mil is tops and that's if they overpay by an extra million.

Doughty is great, but not that great.

#8 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

It is 99% certain the Kings are going to get Doughty signed before or during Free Agency.

Doesn't mean I can't dream of Detroit getting him anyway.

Posted Image

#9 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

Getting Doughty will be a pipe dream; Johnson on the other hand is a different story.

I don't wanna see Jack Johnson here. He was a -15 on a Kings squad that made the playoffs last year. He was a -5 in the playoffs against Vancouver as well. Just doesn't seem defensively solid.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#10 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:55 PM

No Doughty is great. The sky is the limit for him. In junior he never touched the weight room and then once he got drafted he hit the weights hard and look now, he's 20 and has a norris nomination. Wait 3 years when he really fills out and gets some experience, it won't surprise me if he becomes an all time great

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#11 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

Yeah, he'll never hit UFA Status.

Posted Image

#12 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

Doughty will EASILY be worth 8 mill...he is the next great d man in the league...he will be collecting norris trophies like nobody's business...
be about it!

#13 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

maybe Doughty wont want to stay in LA or doesnt want a long term deal, look at Bobby Ryan was offered a 4 and 5 year deal but says he only wants a 3yr deal tops

#14 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

Doughty will EASILY be worth 8 mill...he is the next great d man in the league...he will be collecting norris trophies like nobody's business...

Probably because he won't have to face up against quality d-men like Bourque, Leetch, MacInnis, Chelios, etc. at such an early age.

Posted Image

#15 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:23 AM

Yeah. 'Cause Brain Campbell makes $7.1 million. I'm sure Doughty can't do a spin-o-rama quite as well as Campbell. He must be worth far less than him. At least to the Ice Capades.

#16 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:38 AM

Doughty is the real deal and there's absolutely no way LA will let him go.

#17 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:36 AM

I don't wanna see Jack Johnson here. He was a -15 on a Kings squad that made the playoffs last year. He was a -5 in the playoffs against Vancouver as well. Just doesn't seem defensively solid.

True - however he does have some good upside to his overall game...Haven't seen much of him to be honest, but he did well in the Olympics.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#18 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:50 AM

Doughty is far and away my #1 choice to "replace" Nick. I'm hoping they can seduce him with the thoughts of carrying on the legacy or something. I, too, believe Doughty's gonna go down as an all-time great.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#19 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:26 AM

I don't know. Is there going to be anyone better than Doughty? Holland may very well sell the farm for Doughty simply because that would be the only chance to get a truly big difference maker on the back end to be the backbone of the team.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#20 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

Probably because he won't have to face up against quality d-men like Bourque, Leetch, MacInnis, Chelios, etc. at such an early age.

Probably because Doughty IS the Bourque, Leetch, MacInnis, Chelios etc...of this era, at such an early age.
be about it!