• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

LA Kings sign Willie Mitchell

Rate this topic

not saying its going to happen but Lids might be done after this season, Johnson Doughty,Simmonds,Moller and Bernier are all FA at the same time, which puts the Kings in a bad spot because at least Bernier,Johnson,Doughty and Simmonds are going to get raises, and if Lids retires and Doughty hits the market you can bet your child/unborn child Holland is going to try and bring him in.

not saying its going to happen but Lids might be done after this season, Johnson Doughty,Simmonds,Moller and Bernier are all FA at the same time, which puts the Kings in a bad spot because at least Bernier,Johnson,Doughty and Simmonds are going to get raises, and if Lids retires and Doughty hits the market you can bet your child/unborn child Holland is going to try and bring him in.

But of all their other D men, the Kings are going to dump the most salary on Doughty. We won't be able to match what they will give him. Lid's 6mil freed will be nothing. He'll get at LEAST 8m with a cap of probably 6. They'll do a long term deal, I'd bet on it.

But of all their other D men, the Kings are going to dump the most salary on Doughty. We won't be able to match what they will give him. Lid's 6mil freed will be nothing. He'll get at LEAST 8m with a cap of probably 6. They'll do a long term deal, I'd bet on it.

8mil for Doughty? No way.

7mil is tops and that's if they overpay by an extra million.

Doughty is great, but not that great.

No Doughty is great. The sky is the limit for him. In junior he never touched the weight room and then once he got drafted he hit the weights hard and look now, he's 20 and has a norris nomination. Wait 3 years when he really fills out and gets some experience, it won't surprise me if he becomes an all time great

Doughty will EASILY be worth 8 mill...he is the next great d man in the league...he will be collecting norris trophies like nobody's business...

Probably because he won't have to face up against quality d-men like Bourque, Leetch, MacInnis, Chelios, etc. at such an early age.

Yeah. 'Cause Brain Campbell makes $7.1 million. I'm sure Doughty can't do a spin-o-rama quite as well as Campbell. He must be worth far less than him. At least to the Ice Capades.

I don't know. Is there going to be anyone better than Doughty? Holland may very well sell the farm for Doughty simply because that would be the only chance to get a truly big difference maker on the back end to be the backbone of the team.

Probably because he won't have to face up against quality d-men like Bourque, Leetch, MacInnis, Chelios, etc. at such an early age.

Probably because Doughty IS the Bourque, Leetch, MacInnis, Chelios etc...of this era, at such an early age.

Guest mindfly

I think i'm gonna agree on that L.A seem to take the chicago route, they are gonna be good this year and will continue to improve until they eventually win the cup.

This Mitchell signing really bolsters those screaming Detroit overpaid for Lidstrom.

Doughty in the future is probably a pipe dream, but I wouldn't mind Detroit taking a stab at Myers in the future - Buffalo rarely is able to hold onto their stars.

A thread made for the signing of Mitchell has all of 1 post actually mentioning his name...Only on LetsGoWings haha. Does anyone know how much the contract is for? I couldnt seem to find any information about the actual signing while trying to read my way through all the lidstrom doughty talk.

A thread made for the signing of Mitchell has all of 1 post actually mentioning his name...Only on LetsGoWings haha. Does anyone know how much the contract is for? I couldnt seem to find any information about the actual signing while trying to read my way through all the lidstrom doughty talk.

Two years, $7 million

A bit steep, wouldn't you say?

This Mitchell signing really bolsters those screaming Detroit overpaid for Lidstrom.

Doughty in the future is probably a pipe dream, but I wouldn't mind Detroit taking a stab at Myers in the future - Buffalo rarely is able to hold onto their stars.

I wonder why you say that.