• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:25 AM

I think i'm gonna agree on that L.A seem to take the chicago route, they are gonna be good this year and will continue to improve until they eventually win the cup.

#22 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

This Mitchell signing really bolsters those screaming Detroit overpaid for Lidstrom.

Doughty in the future is probably a pipe dream, but I wouldn't mind Detroit taking a stab at Myers in the future - Buffalo rarely is able to hold onto their stars.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#23 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

A thread made for the signing of Mitchell has all of 1 post actually mentioning his name...Only on LetsGoWings haha. Does anyone know how much the contract is for? I couldnt seem to find any information about the actual signing while trying to read my way through all the lidstrom doughty talk.

#24 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

A thread made for the signing of Mitchell has all of 1 post actually mentioning his name...Only on LetsGoWings haha. Does anyone know how much the contract is for? I couldnt seem to find any information about the actual signing while trying to read my way through all the lidstrom doughty talk.

Two years, $7 million

A bit steep, wouldn't you say?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#25 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

Two years, $7 million

A bit steep, wouldn't you say?

Holy crap, for a guy coming off on injury? Thats nuts...if he was getting those kind of offers how was detroit even on his radar lol

#26 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:42 PM

Fools, Kindl is Lidstroms heir.

#27 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

This Mitchell signing really bolsters those screaming Detroit overpaid for Lidstrom.

Doughty in the future is probably a pipe dream, but I wouldn't mind Detroit taking a stab at Myers in the future - Buffalo rarely is able to hold onto their stars.

I wonder why you say that.

Posted Image

#28 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

I don't wanna see Jack Johnson here. He was a -15 on a Kings squad that made the playoffs last year. He was a -5 in the playoffs against Vancouver as well. Just doesn't seem defensively solid.

Not to mention the fact that his hockey IQ is supposed to be below average. The Wings value the ability to see and read the game very, very highly.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Mitchell on his best night can't hold a candle to a 40 year old Lidstrom on his worst night.

Oh and 3.5 mil x 2 years for a person coming off severe post-concussion issues is laughable. Holland would never take that kind of risk because he doesn't have to.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#29 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

He's making more than I expected, for sure, and may have been out of the Wings' price range from the beginning. I know there were some critical of Holland's signings and how they would impact a potential Mitchell contract (among other valid reasoning); but I stressed patience then, until we saw how much he signed for. Presumably knowing he wasn't going to be able to match $3M+ offers, he instead he got the man he was after all along, Modano, and grabbed Salei to shore up the bottom pairing.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#30 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Mitchell on his best night can't hold a candle to a 40 year old Lidstrom on his worst night.

Oh and 3.5 mil x 2 years for a person coming off severe post-concussion issues is laughable. Holland would never take that kind of risk because he doesn't have to.

I wonder why you say that.

You two should know me better than that by now... :cool:

Edited by egroen, 26 August 2010 - 05:19 PM.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#31 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

Mitchell is a great Defensive D man. The Canucks missed him a lot last year. So he is no slouch, with that said I would be pretty concerned that he gets another concussion playing in the same division as Anaheim, San Jose and them. But for 3.5 mill if I was Mitchell id sign and quick.

I'll mention Doughty so people read my post. :lol:

#32 LarryMurphySpecial

LarryMurphySpecial

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

8mil for Doughty? No way.
7mil is tops and that's if they overpay by an extra million.

Doughty is great, but not that great.

Try to remember that the Wing's are used to players taking discounts to get resigned. Snagging a first class defensemen as a UFA takes a lot more cash then retaining Capn Nick. If Doughty hit UFA, he'd most probably be commanding 8.5-9 Mil +, but it doesnt matter since unless he wants to leave LA on his own, he wont be able to get away. Shea Weber on the other hand...

#33 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:03 AM

Try to remember that the Wing's are used to players taking discounts to get resigned. Snagging a first class defensemen as a UFA takes a lot more cash then retaining Capn Nick. If Doughty hit UFA, he'd most probably be commanding 8.5-9 Mil +, but it doesnt matter since unless he wants to leave LA on his own, he wont be able to get away. Shea Weber on the other hand...

I would have liked Shea Weber coming to the D but since they just made hime captain i dont think he is going anywhere another guy i wouldnt mind if they are still in Cap trouble next year would be Seabrook.

Rafalski-Stuart
Kronwall-Seabrook
??????

#34 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

True - however he does have some good upside to his overall game...Haven't seen much of him to be honest, but he did well in the Olympics.

I saw him play last year (CenterIce is totally worth every penny) and he doesn't play the most disciplined defensive game. He played decent in the Olympics, yes. But at his probable asking price, he isn't worth it to me. Just my opinion though. A guy i've always wanted wanted in a Wings uniform is Mark Giordano of Calgary. I believe he is a free agent next summer :thumbup:

I would have liked Shea Weber coming to the D but since they just made hime captain i dont think he is going anywhere another guy i wouldnt mind if they are still in Cap trouble next year would be Seabrook.

Rafalski-Stuart
Kronwall-Seabrook
??????

Michigan-native Matt Greene is a free agent next summer. I'd be a big fan of him coming to Detroit.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien