• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

babygorilla

Any Austin, TX Wings fans....

Rate this topic

I moved from Detroit to the Dallas area three years ago, and over here(3-4hours away) the Stars arent exactly a big draw...too many bandwagon fans I presume. Ive been to Austin for a MSU basketball game, overall it was a good experience. To play it safe if you get a Modano tshirt you will win over a few more fans. Get used to the heat, the humidity and the horns.

You're either UT or A&M...so you better pick soon.

sidenote - also try Dickeys BBQ and Rudys BBQ----unreal food

Edited by NotTooAbby

There are quite a few of us here... the sports bars tend to be pretty unwilling to show hockey games, they prefer football. But I am friends with the owners of Cover 3 (central Austin, Anderson Lane and Burnet area). They will show them for us, so I suggest a get together when the season starts. Their food is great, too.

That, and we could meet up at Texas Stars vs. Griffins games. PM me if you want details on the area. I've been here for a long time.

Vladifan is here in the area and so is hillbillywingsfan, and a few others who don't post much anymore, but they're lurking. ;)

I lurk, but post occasionally. UT student, wasn't born Texan(CNY) but got here as fast as I could. Red Wing fan since I saw the Adirondack Red Wings when I was little and die hard since Hasek was traded to the Wings and never looked back. Hook 'em!

Vladifan too I think... Right?

Correct. We live about 30 miles away from downtown Austin. We love it here, and I wasn't sure I would. Good ol' boyz and mesquite didn't sound like too much fun. But there's a lot going on around here, even if you're not a football fan. And yeupp, I haven't read Loo's post yet but she does live in Austin; and I don't go to bars as a rule, but I know even where we live they have sports bars. WELCOME!!

:thumbup:

There are quite a few of us here... the sports bars tend to be pretty unwilling to show hockey games, they prefer football. But I am friends with the owners of Cover 3 (central Austin, Anderson Lane and Burnet area). They will show them for us, so I suggest a get together when the season starts. Their food is great, too.

That, and we could meet up at Texas Stars vs. Griffins games. PM me if you want details on the area. I've been here for a long time.

Vladifan is here in the area and so is hillbillywingsfan, and a few others who don't post much anymore, but they're lurking. ;)

Betchyer buns, girl. :sly:

Edited by Vladifan

I moved from Detroit to the Dallas area three years ago, and over here(3-4hours away) the Stars arent exactly a big draw...too many bandwagon fans I presume. Ive been to Austin for a MSU basketball game, overall it was a good experience. To play it safe if you get a Modano tshirt you will win over a few more fans. Get used to the heat, the humidity and the horns.

You're either UT or A&M...so you better pick soon.

sidenote - also try Dickeys BBQ and Rudys BBQ----unreal food

Oh dude, I've been to a Dickey's in Tennessee - good stuff!! Do please try it!

Just moved to Austin from Detroit 9 months ago.

I hear Cover 3 has a great burger. The wife and I haven't been yet.

Just moved to Austin from Detroit 9 months ago.

I hear Cover 3 has a great burger. The wife and I haven't been yet.

It's a nice place, great food, lots of parking, central, etc.

The guys who own/run it are members of the gym I belong to, right down the street at Shoal Creek and Anderson Ln (MoPac). Gym One is a good source of bouncers, it seems. :lol:

Anyway, I asked the owner if he'd show Wings games and he said, you bet, all we had to do was ask. :thumbup:

Even though I am still partial to home (Detroit), i've been in Dallas for almost 5 years now and Texas is pretty nice....minus the rediculous heat/humidity. Out of all the major Texas cities I think that Austin is the nicest; it really gives you the layed back southern "Texas" feel yet has a ton of stuff to do. If you or any of the other members are coming to Dallas for a game be sure to let NotTooAbby or I know, we go to every game when the boys are in town. We have a pre-game ritual of goin to the Hooters that is about 4 blocks from teh rink, the place is packed and is about 50/50 Wings to Stars fans. Dallas fans are pretty fun to be around, not rude and obnoxious like Chicago fans so the whole experience would be great for anyone willing to make the trip.

Welcome to Texas and I third the notion to try Dickeys and Rudy's BBQ.

I live in Round Rock. I know Drwscc,Loo and I tried to get together before to watch one and had a time at it. But me and Drwscc went to Dave & Busters. The manager there was cool. He was a wings fan as well and let us watch at the bar. The food is a little high but its not bad. Cool place.

btw on bbq i like smokey moes....but i usally just make it myself. No one beats hillbillys bbq=)

WELCOME TO THE HOTTEST PLACE ON EARTH.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan