• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzermania19

Training Camp!

Rate this topic

Well, it's that time of year again - just over two weeks until Training Camp!! Who's going? I'll be there from Friday to Monday. I can't take any more time off from work because I don't get paid vacation (don't work = don't get paid). But it'll be so good to get out of town for a few days and SEE SOME RED WINGS HOCKEY!!! :lol::D

My wish list of people who were on their way to DRW Training Camp:

Vyacheslav Kozlov, UFA invitation

Jere Lehtinen, UFA invitation

Kyle Wellwood, UFA invitation

Evgeny Artyukhin, UFA invitation

Krys Kolanos, UFA invitation

Lee Stempniak, UFA invitation

Brian McGratton, UFA invitation

Tim Stapleton, UFA invitation

Matt Ellis, UFA invitation

Paul Mara, UFA invitation

Kim Johnsson, UFA invitation

Lukas Krajicek, UFA invitation

Jay McKee, UFA invitation

Based on the 13/8/2 roster that I have projected, I see fairly easy cap-friendly and roster-friendly ways of putting the players in bold on the roster should they earn it. Mara would likely cost $1.75m, Artyukhin $500k. So if Mara is better than Salei, it's only a $200k difference in cap hit. The Wings have to drop Meech, Miller, or Eaves already to fit under the cap and under the roster limit. This changes neither, but likely provides a much better defenseman, as Mara is more on the level of Stuart than Salei. Artyukhin simply would be replacing Eaves/Miller if he outplayed them, and the same goes for the others, aside from the top two. Working them in would be more difficult, but provides more skilled forwards. The ideal is to get younger and cheaper through the UFAs who are 27 and under, and might be better than current Wings. Stempniak is a proven scorer so he

would also be quite a good invitation. Johnsson, Krajicek, and McKee have all played well at other places so they may be able to earn a spot here, and if so may be willing to take the necessary contract.

Hubby & I will be there Saturday through Monday, Hubby's boss and his wife will be there on Saturday sitting behind us, and a friend's husband will be there all 3 days with us as well (my friend isn't into hockey, so she is staying home to take care of our 3 cats, 2 horses and 1 dog). This will be our 9th time going to Training Camp. My Robitaille jersey and hubby's Yzerman jersey are ready for hockey!

Some guys I wouldn't mind seeing get invited to camp:

Forwards-

Matt Hendricks

Brian McGrattan

Matt Ellis

Darcy Tucker

Scott Walker

Defense:

Jay McKee

Paul Mara

Garnet Exelby

Rob Davison

I can't believe that Exelby isn't signed yet. He seemed out of our price range at the beginning of the summer, but he may have signed for Salei money or cheaper. Given the choice, I would have preferred Exelby.

Well, cross Matt Ellis off the list. He re-signed with Buffalo. Lee Stempniak re-signed with Phoenix for 2 years, and Aaron Johnson has signed a one year, two-way del with Nashville. Wouldn't have minded Aaron Johnson.. I'd take Exelby over Salei without a doubt. Exelby is much younger and Salei is wicked banged up. Maybe give Donald Brashear a camp invite?:ph34r:

I kid. I kid.

I've already started counting down the days. I will be there Friday through Tuesday. This is my third year going and my first year going to the dinner for the golf outing. I am SO excited. This year, I really need a fun getaway as I just had a stressful move, and Traverse City and Red Wings are the best tonic for it.

I'll be there Friday til probably Wednesday morning. I'm really looking forward to it, but it seems weird that the Red and White game will be Tuesday at noon...I wonder how many are not going to be there just for that reason?

If anyone wants to look me up, I won't be hard to find, just look for my dog Loki. He'll be the one with the Red Wings bandanna, signed by Henrik. I'll either be on the other end of the leash or not far away.