• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Kirk Maltby nearing 1 year, 2 way deal

Rate this topic

I really don't see any downsides to this signing.

Yep. It's a one-year deal, and it's a two-way deal as well. If the Wings don't see any use for him during the season, he'll be sent to GR, help mentor some of the young guys there, and if there's a position that Maltby would fit, he'll be back to fill that in. It's a win-win situation.

Reading some of these responses makes me glad Kenny is the GM and not the members of this forum.

Malts in GR = a great mentor for our PROSPECTS

Malts on the Detroit bench during the playoffs = added depth, experienced leadership, and another PKer.

so to those of you complaining about the deal, please understand Kenny is better than you. That is all.

Well said

I've always wondered what he could do on a scoring line. They should tack him on one in GR and see what happens. Who knows, maybe he lights it up and we can trade him to Tampa for thier stretch run. I know that sounds crazy, but who knows?

His wife is hot.

Seriously? Not saying that she isn't, but she strikes me as a more real person than what guys usually describe as "hot". Of course, you are not a usual guy...

SCJ08_37a.jpg

Nice family. I'm kind of surprised that he is willing to play in GR since it means time away from the family. I mean, there are road trips in the NHL, but at least they have home time. If he plays in GR (assuming the family stays in Detroit) then he has to be gone all of the time, only coming home on occasion.

I would think that the family would stay so that Ella's school and Wendi's work can stay intact. Plus I would assume that they have child care for the twins already in place. It's not easy to move a family, and I doubt he'd do it for just one year.

But I'm sure they've talked it out, so if it works for them, it's all good.

Nice family. I'm kind of surprised that he is willing to play in GR since it means time away from the family. I mean, there are road trips in the NHL, but at least they have home time. If he plays in GR (assuming the family stays in Detroit) then he has to be gone all of the time, only coming home on occasion.

I would think that the family would stay so that Ella's school and Wendi's work can stay intact. Plus I would assume that they have child care for the twins already in place. It's not easy to move a family, and I doubt he'd do it for just one year.

But I'm sure they've talked it out, so if it works for them, it's all good.

Grand Rapids is only 2-3 hours away. Tough commute, but not really that bad.

Seriously? Not saying that she isn't, but she strikes me as a more real person than what guys usually describe as "hot". Of course, you are not a usual guy...

Wha...? WHAT?!! I'm all man you hear me? ALL MAN!!! Don't make me start an enforcer thread. :ph34r:

Wha...? WHAT?!! I'm all man you hear me? ALL MAN!!! Don't make me start an enforcer thread. :ph34r:

Oh, don't get your panties in a bunch. I was just commenting that many men look for T&A and don't focus on substance. She is not the plastic Barbie doll that many celebrities tend to marry.

In other words, I was saying that you are not some hormone-driven lustbag in search of carnal satisfaction and that you have discerning tastes.

Buppy said:

Grand Rapids is only 2-3 hours away. Tough commute, but not really that bad.

Yeah, 2-3 hours isn't much, but in his case, the kids are very little. By the time he gets out of practice and goes home, they'll be in bed. On game days, he won't get there at all.

Maltby leads Team Lindsay in win

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. – Though his situation isn’t the greatest, it didn’t prevent Kirk Maltby from contributing to Team Lindsay’s 3-1 scrimmage victory over Team Howe Sunday afternoon.

Maltby broke a scoreless tie when he wristed a low shot between Jimmy Howard’s legs in the second period. Justin Abdelkader and Drew Miller assisted on the goal.

“We didn’t have the best first period as a team, really,” Maltby said. “We came out and played a lot better. We had a good entry, and Abby got it to me in front and I just tried to get a quick release and Millsy was in front screening, so I think it went five-hole and caught Howie off guard.”

Entering his 17th season – 14th with the Red Wings – Maltby will be hard pressed to land a spot on the organization’s NHL roster. This month, he signed a two-way contract with the club, and likely will begin the season with the team’s AHL affiliate in Grand Rapids.

“He’s just in a situation,” Babcock said of Maltby. “He’s going out there and getting himself ready and battling, and he’s in a situation with his contract that he’s got to win a job, obviously.

“They want to play here, they have to perform. So for him – and I thought (Drew) Miller was real competitive today – it’s important that these guys have to play for their ice-time.”

Last season, Maltby was hampered by a lingering shoulder injury, which eventually required season-ending surgery in February. The shoulder hasn’t been a problem in training camp, Maltby said.

“Right now I don’t have any issues,” he said. “I tried to throw a couple little checks, and what-not. No issues, so I’m happy about that.”

Maltby was also happy about his goal that gave Team Lindsay a 1-0 lead.

“It’s always nice to score, whether it’s in training camp in these games, exhibitions, or the real thing,” he said. “You always want to play well, regardless of your situation. I’m not going to surprise them with anything. I think from a confidence side of it, it’s nice to not just contribute, but it gives you momentum.”