• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Sharks sign Niemi

Rate this topic

Would of rather had Nabokov over Niemi any day of the week. Couldn't care less if Niemi has won a cup I can assure you he will never win another one.

As for him taking a 1 year contract, of course he is because no one's giving him a 5 year contract 3m >.

Sharks should of re-sign Nabby or get Turco.

NOBODY else watching, eh?

LOL.....

Didn't think so.

**Edit**

After that 3rd goal against, the game tying goal, scored from the goal line....

Anyone STILL want to argue that goaltending was NOT a detriment to the Wings this past Post Season?

Sheesh....

Edited by Outsider

He's better than what they had. Niittymaki is a nervous breakdown waiting to happen and Griess has no experience against the league's best.

I'm still hoping the Sharks don't notice the gaping hole in leadership and blueline ability with Blake gone, but this is one hole filled.

And LOL @ the guy who just bent our fantasy league rules to their breaking point to add Griess to the roster over the summer. :lol:

NOBODY else watching, eh?

LOL.....

Didn't think so.

**Edit**

After that 3rd goal against, the game tying goal, scored from the goal line....

Anyone STILL want to argue that goaltending was NOT a detriment to the Wings this past Post Season?

Sheesh....

Anyone STILL want to argue that the Sharks are the epitome of perennial playoff failures?

It was Howard's first postseason experience. I wouldn't be so quick to throw him under the bus.

Anyone STILL want to argue that the Sharks are the epitome of perennial playoff failures?

It was Howard's first postseason experience. I wouldn't be so quick to throw him under the bus.

Wait... I dont understand... youre not supposed to throw a player under the bus the second they don't play like an all star their first year? BLASPHEMY! We should burn you at the stake for such utterances.

In all seriousness... Nemi will be a better value at 2 then Nabokov at 5 or whatever he wanted, Nabby was a great goalie, but, he was a little too late to cash in on that as the league is moving away from the Vancouver model (high priced goalie) to the Detroit model (value goalie with better defensive play).

Would of rather had Nabokov over Niemi any day of the week. Couldn't care less if Niemi has won a cup I can assure you he will never win another one.

As for him taking a 1 year contract, of course he is because no one's giving him a 5 year contract 3m >.

Sharks should of re-sign Nabby or get Turco.

Nabby was the hardest worked goalie in the nhl, that is for sure true...but @ $6 million per!?!...and san hoe fans HATE turco...they always have. Niemi IS the best choice for the sharks and the next step for them trading for Kaberle. KrazyGangsta i know your not too impressed with this signing, but you would take a young stanley cup winning goalie for $2 million per...especially when you have nittimaki as your "1st string"

Greiss+Niemi+Nitty is still cheaper than Nabby. And their cumulative 5-hole is still smaller.

I'm still not sure about Niemi, and I think Greiss is ready to be put to the test more seriously this year, so I'm not so crazy about this move. But it's entirely possible it will turn out well for the Sharks - Niemi could prove himself to be solid.

edit to add: their real problem for this coming season is the blue line. Demers is going to play more and is getting better, but he's no replacement for Blake. I think the Sharks D was good-not-great last season, and it's gotten worse not better this season. I don't know if any of these goalies can be counted on to cover that gap.

Edited by uncle ovipositor

I'm actually so so about this move. We just signed Nitty and we had Greiss waiting for Nabokov to leave or retire. WHich Nabokov left, It was kind of Greiss's turn to play. It was Greiss's chance to show the franchise what he could have done. But this move basically said Screw you greiss, we don't believe in you thats why we signed two goalies.

I just can't wait till the season starts. And signing or trading for a defensemen would be nice right about now.