• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Sharks sign Niemi

Rate this topic

I'm actually so so about this move. We just signed Nitty and we had Greiss waiting for Nabokov to leave or retire. WHich Nabokov left, It was kind of Greiss's turn to play. It was Greiss's chance to show the franchise what he could have done. But this move basically said Screw you greiss, we don't believe in you thats why we signed two goalies.

hey shark buddy, it wasn't a "screw you" to howard when the wings picked up conklin...it was a "wait your ******* turn, kid" ... and in the defense of the sharks...they didn't think that niemi would be available because all signs were pointing to huet getting bumped to the minors (for cap space) and them re-signing niemi. So the sharks idea that Nitty and Griess would split time was what was going to happen. it is obvious that the sharks org didn't have as much faith in griess as you do...but hey, they could always dump nitty off somehow if griess brings his s*** in training camp, right.

so why were the sharks able to lock up niemi for 2mil when the arbitrator ruled that CHI had to pay 2.75mil for a year? and if he was willing to only take 2mil why didnt he just stay in CHI? I thought thats what they wanted to pay him....

Nick Kypreos reporting that Antti Niemi will sign with San Jose as early as tomorrow. Likely 1 year deal worth around $2 million.

Pretty hilarious that the Hawks let this kid go because he's too expensive then he signs with one of their key rivals for 2 million. :lol:

so why were the sharks able to lock up niemi for 2mil when the arbitrator ruled that CHI had to pay 2.75mil for a year? and if he was willing to only take 2mil why didnt he just stay in CHI? I thought thats what they wanted to pay him....

Once Chicago walked away from the arbitration award, he became a UFA and the arb award had no bearing on his signing.

Guest Stolberg

Niemi - Niittymaki could be a pretty decent tandem. Both aren't exactly consistent so I guess we'll see.

I thought Greiss was admirable in the Olympics and in spot duty for the Sharks.

Nitty isn't a starter in this league. 1B at the most. Horrid in Philly and average everywhere else.

Niemi makes good sense to them. and to me too. There were plenty of times this season that he would have to make plenty of stops because the "vaunted hawks D" were either out of position, or standing in front of the net like a bunch of state highway workers standing around a jobsite. Needs to work on his rebound control

Griess could also leave to a team where he'd get more playing time.

Greiss basically just asked to be traded.

and to the poster about wait your ******* turn. It was Osgood and Conklin. Not Howard.

It was greiss's turn after Nabokov, Nabokov Left. This was greiss chance. He waited for 3 years for this chance, and DW basically signed two goalies. DW made it clear in a few years, its Alex Stalock's team. Alex Stalock is our goalie in the minors, that is probably our best goalie prospect.

And DW I don't think well trade Nitty. He usually doesn't usually do a sign and trade, if he does trade Nitty. I'll be surprised. I wouldn't be suprised if Greiss is traded before training camp. Or package him with Clowe for a top four d man at the deadline.

and to the poster about wait your ******* turn. It was Osgood and Conklin. Not Howard.

before it was ozzy and conks...it WAS gonna be ozzy and howard...right after hasek retired after the '08 cup....do you remember? or no...That is point i was trying to make....it was howards turns (most people thought)...much like it was griess' turn in san hoe..as you said, shark buddy

Greiss basically just asked to be traded.

It was greiss's turn after Nabokov, Nabokov Left. This was greiss chance. He waited for 3 years for this chance, and DW basically signed two goalies. DW made it clear in a few years, its Alex Stalock's team. Alex Stalock is our goalie in the minors, that is probably our best goalie prospect.

And DW I don't think well trade Nitty. He usually doesn't usually do a sign and trade, if he does trade Nitty. I'll be surprised. I wouldn't be suprised if Greiss is traded before training camp. Or package him with Clowe for a top four d man at the deadline.

The kid seems to have alot of potential.

Guest Heaten

Blackhawks fans considered Niemi part of their "CORE" till he didn't re-sign. Then he wasn't a "CORE" guy anymore.

Goaltending didn't cost us that series, the reffing did. Did you catch the games were Detroit SHOULD have won the game or at least tied it but were defeated by constant 5 on 3s on which San Jose would score? The goaltending COULD have been better but it didn't cost the team in the sense that it should be blamed.