• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Habs re-sign Carey Price

Rate this topic

Looks like a 2-year deal worth $2.75 million for Price. Million less than Halak.

I know who I'd rather have.

But I don't...who?

Looks like a 2-year deal worth $2.75 million for Price. Million less than Halak.

I know who I'd rather have.

But I don't...who?

Sorry for posting 2X! lol.

Yeah, I would go w/ Halak myself, just not sure which MackAttack is talking about. I assume Halak.

I think the Habs have some sort of fear of letting go of Price. I mean... they did see him as the second coming of Roy or whatever. They probably think that if they were to let him go then he'd go on to become much better than they had expected for many years to come. I'm pretty sure they would've loved to have kept Patty if it weren't for all that drama back in the day. Just my $.02!

This must be a terrible joke. The Habs save 1 million in cap space keeping Price over Halak. Halak is the ONLY reason the Habs made the play-offs. He is the only reason they beat the Capitals and Penguins. And they would rather have 1 million in cap space and Price in net, then perhaps one of the top 5 goalies in the league? The Habs are going nowhere. What do they expect to do with that 1 million dollars saved? How could they possibly be a better team then they were last year. Montreal IMO is the worst Canadian team on paper. Every other Canadian team got better this off season, except Montreal. And Montreal barely made the play-offs last season. I hope they finish in the bottom of the East.

Im confused by why Price signed with them again? Its not like he is getting much more then he would get on the market-and I do believe he'd be a better goalie else were!- but what boggles my brain is that after seeing him play there for a few years and hearing the booooooos sent his way...then hearing his response to the fans after the boooooos, scared.gif............HOW THE HELL CAN THIS WORK??? (unless I am missing somthing)

Edited by 13dangledangle

Im confused by why Price signed with them again? Its not like he is getting much more then he would get on the market-and I do believe he'd be a better goalie else were!- but what boggles my brain is that after seeing him play there for a few years and hearing the booooooos sent his way...then hearing his response to the fans after the boooooos, scared.gif............HOW THE HELL CAN THIS WORK??? (unless I am missing somthing)

I agree. After spending a few years in Montreal I can honestly say that they are extremely passionate about their team but they are the perfect example of the old saying "a fine line between love and hate". First off I think they should have taken a page out of Hollands book with Price and let him ripen a bit on the farm team, they threw him into the Wolves way to fast and it might have damaged his max potential! Now for him to re-sign in such a hostile environment and expect to improve is going to be a very tall task... high risk/High reward. If he can do it he will be the King of the city, if he can't they will drag him through the streets and cover him with hot poutine! I think Price would have been better going somewhere else... maybe Hockeytown would have been a better home :D

Edited by The Secret

Guest mindfly

Price is a better goalie then Halak. Except not in Montreal.

This is however true, Price should have been the goalie for detroit... the thought is music to my ears.. well one can always dream things right.

Carey Price of course, he will be a top3 goalie in the league in a few years.

Potential doesn't win hockey games. Untapped talent won't win you a Cup.

At this point those two things are the only reason Price is still in Montreal. At some point he's going to have to s*** or get off the pot.

Some of the Goalies (current) that have been in Montreal, not saying all have been spectacular.

1. Theodore

2. Vokoun

3. Thibault

4. Garon

5. Heut

6. Halak

I have never noticed that Vokoun was a Hab.