• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Howard Changing Masks

Rate this topic

I like the concept of doc-oc on the mask.

Howard is one of the only wings goalies i can think of that thought outside the box with masks.

There have been a lot of variations of the winged wheel.

Manny I believe had an octopus. with the Wings logo on the chin...

But most have been winged wheel variations.

Howie going with doc-oc is still octopus themed thus Wings themed, but is a little more out of the box thinking. I like it!

Not bad. I think I like the "tachometer" mask better, but he certainly could have done worse.

Anyone else notice the new RBK practice jerseys too? Slightly different design, and they now have grey as the accent color instead of red or white.

How often do goalies change the paint job on their masks?

I would think that some of them are really superstitious.

I used to work for Itech, each goalie would get 2 masks per season, usually with different paint jobs. Some goalies (like Belfour, Joseph, etc) keep the same design and adapt the colors when they change teams. I think at one point, Belfour was wearing different color "eagle" masks to match light and dark jerseys.

I assume this model will have the same quick-release strap that was a feature on last season's mask?

:clap:

I liked the other one better, although I like the creative thinking with this one. I would have incorporated more of a purple/grey for the mechanical arms to match Al the Octopus more so. Did he have them paint over that other design or is this the same type of mask but a completely new one, cause it would be cool if he auctioned off the other one.

It's not gonna be a classic, too cartoonish - even though I loved Lalime's "Marvin the Martian" helmets, so I can't say I don't like the theme in some cases. :thumbup:

I don't care for the new mask, personally, but if Jimmy likes it, that's all that matters.