• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Howard Changing Masks

Rate this topic

Now, how many of you that have said Jimmy's new mask looks like junk are comic book nerds?

For me, this is probably the coolest Red Wing helmet I've ever seen. Period. I would also say Jimmy's previous mask was number 2 on my list. It's just different strokes for different folks. I'm a 25 year-old comic book nerd that used to have stacks and stacks of comic books. Dok Ock was one of the coolest villains in the comic book universe... even when the art for him back in the early comic days looked kinda lumpy. For me, I've seen every different combination of winged wheels imaginable... this Dok Ock mask is somthing so far out of the box that I can't even see the box anymore... BUT it still matches the Detroit Red Wing/Octopus theme.

Love it, Jimmy!!! Now stop all the pucks! :3

I'm a big fan (if I'm reading it right) if the "Lets Roll" on the back. I thought that was on his last mask, or I saw it on Ryan Millers, but overall I like the mask I think it's a cool concept.... And def an out of the box idea. Could be worse he could be wearing a mask like Hillers old mask that was the sparkling weird colored thing.... Now that was a bad mask....

I'm not a huge fan of it, but I'm not the one wearing it.

The tachometer was awesome! Classic, yet sharp.

Did anyone catch Manny's pads?

20100902183038_10-Wings-Prac.jpg

I remember reading the article about the high school kid that created that design a few years back. I'm surprised they've made it all the way to this level since it seems like such a gimmick.

Not bad. I think I like the "tachometer" mask better, but he certainly could have done worse.

Anyone else notice the new RBK practice jerseys too? Slightly different design, and they now have grey as the accent color instead of red or white.

Wow...Jimmy's helmet from last year was one of my fav's of all time. I dont mind the new one but the Tach mask Rocked! :(

How often do goalies change the paint job on their masks?

I would think that some of them are really superstitious.

That's a good question. Guys like Brodeur are notoriously set on their mask design (given he's only changed it once in the last couple of decades). But it seems like the younger generation of goalies are more than happy to try new paint jobs out. The majority of young goalies these days seem to be pretty fickle about their mask designs.

Wow...Jimmy's helmet from last year was one of my fav's of all time. I dont mind the new one but the Tach mask Rocked! :(

Don't worry-- I'm betting that he'll switch back to last year's mask if he has a rough start this season (and based on last year I wouldn't be surprised if he starts out rough).

I like it!! It's one of those messy-but-it-works kind of designs, and I LOVE the Doc Ock idea. I like how it goes with the Wings' color scheme, too. The tachometer one was classic - clean design, great idea - and it's still my favorite, but I like this one, too.

I love it, given that I'm a marvel fan already. I like all the hockeytown themed ones of the past too, but I also think it's cool when a goalie shows a little personality on their mask as well.