• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official Detroit Lions thread

Rate this topic

It's not like we were going to make the playoffs anyways, but being 1 possession from winning 3 of our last 4 games? Against 3 playoff teams and the resurging Bears? Without our starting QB? Hell, if Hill would've finished those last two drives against Minnesota we could've won that game too. This team is definitely good, but still hasn't figured out a way to put together a win. They remind me of Dallas in terms of trying to figure out how to win a playoff game; the talent is there, but other teams just seem to "get it" and they don't, although they finally got a win last season. All the talent is there for the Lions, just have to solve the puzzle before they can start consistently putting a string of wins together...baby steps.

I look to this Sunday to grab our first win and finally shut those idiot Rams fans up from all the bulls*** I've been reading about their team from other forums. The line is Lions -3 and I guarantee we cover that and then some.

What do I have to lose? The Lions disappoint me again? Hardly an emotion I'm not used to handling.

Killing them 31-6 right now. More of this.

I feel my cynicism melting away. The Lions are going to win a football game; perhaps all is not lost. Perhaps there is love, there is beauty, there is truth and justice in this world. Now I see life in a whole new way; I have been re-born.

:P

When the Lions are dominating, suddenly all that seemed impossible becomes possible.

We could be on the verge of our third win right now had a few things gone our way. WE'RE NOT THAT BAD! WE'RE NOT THAT BAD!

hahaha i was chanting this the other day. if only we could have spread those points out a bit and won those other games we would be sitting pretty.

thats okay though, this video is enough to satisfy me for weeks lol.

this team is, and showed, that they are a lot closer to turning around than many people think. An NFL team is an NFL team, and if you can whip an NFL team like that, you definitely have a chance to do things to any NFL team. We are not far off from having a team that will compete in the playoffs. Hell, who knows what will happen the rest of this season if the Lions really figured something out this week against the Rams.

I think there's no question about it, that they are about to turn a corner. The question is, which corner are they about to turn? I feel like they have what it takes to put them back into mediocrity, but they are still very very far away from being competitive. They'll soon be back to their 6-10 and 7-9 seasons, but I can't see them actually competing for a playoff spot for another 10 years.

I think there's no question about it, that they are about to turn a corner. The question is, which corner are they about to turn? I feel like they have what it takes to put them back into mediocrity, but they are still very very far away from being competitive. They'll soon be back to their 6-10 and 7-9 seasons, but I can't see them actually competing for a playoff spot for another 10 years.

lol 10 years? Try 2-3. We're competitive now, and that's with our backup QB playing. I guarantee if Stafford wasn't hurt, we'd be at least 3-2 if not 4-1. Sad thing is, people want Shaun Hill to keep starting even when Stafford comes back, and that just shows how little they know of his talent and his potential, let alone how dumb that would be to let that big contract sit on the bench.

lol 10 years? Try 2-3. We're competitive now, and that's with our backup QB playing. I guarantee if Stafford wasn't hurt, we'd be at least 3-2 if not 4-1. Sad thing is, people want Shaun Hill to keep starting even when Stafford comes back, and that just shows how little they know of his talent and his potential, let alone how dumb that would be to let that big contract sit on the bench.

I for one don't think Stafford is very good. He seems incredibly injury prone, a poor decision maker, and pretty arrogant as well. Not the kind of guy you really want as a franchise quarterback. Yeah he can throw far, but throwing smart is much much much more important than throwing far. He tries to force plays that aren't there. Everyone was saying before he was drafted how the Lions are trying to score a homerun pick, but all they are going to get is an average guy. He's nothing special. They were just upset they couldn't get Bradford at the time. It's amazing how the majority of people went from not wanting anything to do with the guy, to all of a sudden saying he is the next Peyton Manning overnight.

Shaun Hill should start Sunday. He's more then proved himself. Let alone, Stafford probably isn't fully healed. Why rush him out there against one of the best pass rushes in the NFL? He'll only get reinjured and how nice is that gigantic contract going to look being rehabbed for the remainder of the season instead of just the next two weeks.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

I for one don't think Stafford is very good. He seems incredibly injury prone, a poor decision maker, and pretty arrogant as well. Not the kind of guy you really want as a franchise quarterback. Yeah he can throw far, but throwing smart is much much much more important than throwing far. He tries to force plays that aren't there. Everyone was saying before he was drafted how the Lions are trying to score a homerun pick, but all they are going to get is an average guy. He's nothing special. They were just upset they couldn't get Bradford at the time. It's amazing how the majority of people went from not wanting anything to do with the guy, to all of a sudden saying he is the next Peyton Manning overnight.

You do realize this is his sophomore year right? So everything you're basing his play off of is last year's play...or should I say, his rookie year. And he's not injury prone, it's just been unfortunate that he's suffered injuries this early in his pro career. He's been healthy his whole playing career up until a quarter of the way through the season last year, and then again in the latter part of the season. Last year he dislocates his kneecap (fluke), has a 300+ pound DT fall on him separating his non-throwing shoulder (probably corey williams), and this year Julius Peppers blows by Backus untouched and the same exact thing happens, except to his throwing shoulder. A person is not injury prone if these are his first injuries, so like I said, it's unfortunate.

And no, they weren't upset that they couldn't draft Bradford, they were upset because they wanted to draft Aaron Curry with the first pick, which is ******* stupid, but leave it to most Lions fans to come up with this idea.

Even if Bradford declared, you could flip a coin as to who we pick. Most people will say Bradford just because he had a better college career and had more hype, but the potential is higher in Stafford, since he ran his offense the whole time playing for Georgia and can make all the throws. If Bradford did declare, I honestly wouldn't care who we picked. I'd probably still give the edge to Stafford just on his confidence (or in your words, arrogance :rolleyes:) and potential alone. He would also fit our system better than Bradford, so who knows if Bradford would even work out here compared to St. Louis.

Nobody said he is the next Peyton Manning. Who knows where you pulled that one from. Maybe you're thinking of how everybody thought he was a bust during the season, so the other crowd pointed out how even Peyton Manning had a bad rookie year. Not everybody can have a Matt Ryan rookie year.

Shaun Hill should start Sunday. He's more then proved himself. Let alone, Stafford probably isn't fully healed. Why rush him out there against one of the best pass rushes in the NFL? He'll only get reinjured and how nice is that gigantic contract going to look being rehabbed for the remainder of the season instead of just the next two weeks.

Never said we should rush him. I agree, unless Stafford is 100% healthy, keep Hill in for another week that way Stafford has 2 full weeks to heal and will be ready after the bye. And Hill hasn't "more than proved himself."I appreciate what Hill's done for the team, he's played hard, and that's what a good backup QB should do. But his only good game was against the Rams. He was horrible in week 1, I missed week 2 but looking at the stat sheet it looks the same on account of Best having a huge game (actually I did catch the end. I remember we recovered an onside kick and Hill threw 4 straight incompletions), week 3 Hill had some nice drives in the final quarter against Minnesota but resulted in him throwing 2 terrible picks in the red zone, and week 4 was more of the same, a couple nice drives and a couple momentum killing picks. It wasn't until last week he had a QB rating over 80. He's nothing more than a backup.

He's a good backup and I'm glad we have him, but this is Stafford's team and I do believe that Stafford and Bradford will be great QB's in this league. Their talent says they can.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

in case you guys forgot... Stafford is 22 YEARS OLD! He has a cannon for an arm, and is still learning to play in the NFL. The only way to learn is to go out and do it, and this guy is being paid to do so. If he is healthy, he is gunna play, and if he is gunna get better, he needs to play. He is an unbelievable athlete who will be an exceptional NFL QB. Don't take him out behind the barn yet, he is just a kid learning his way.

The Lions have so much potential, watching every game except one I believe they had great opportunity to win those games. When the little mistakes and kinks get worked out they could be a pretty decent NFL team. At least they arent completely handing wins away this season.