• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official Detroit Lions thread

Rate this topic

We are definitely close, but we lack that winning culture that we need. We really don't know what winning is, so its hard to play like you need to in order to win. When we get into the mindset of not shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb-ass penalties (Avril Unsportsmanlike Conduct on an incomplete 3rd down which resulted in a TD a few plays later) and mental penalties (Peterman personal foul after the play, and Wesley hitting/blocking the dude on the punt while he was out of bounds.) Those kind of penalties are ones that are momentum killers, point giver-uppers, and totally avoidable if the player is composed and is realizing the situation that he would put the team in if he acts that way.

Simple things that have occurred all season that could be the difference between 1-5 and 4-2 or 5-1.

At least it wasn't a blowout today.

Once we really learn how to shut games down, we'll he a decent team. We've come to play and stayed close basically every week. Like another poster said, once we get that winning culture, we'll know how to close out games. The pieces are finally starting to come together. It will only get better when Stafford returns. We've got the young guns, now what we need is the veteran experience. This team is finally heading in the right direction.

Meant to post this awhile ago. Took in my 1st ever NFL game (Eagles/Lions). What a great game. Nobody wanted to go with me, so I made the drive down, got parking for $10 near Ford Field. About 15 minutes before game time I was approached and sold a $85 (face value) ticket for $20.

Turned out to be pretty good seats (goal line, 38th row).

IMG_4305.jpg

Vick played a pretty impressive game.

IMG_4324.jpg

The Detroit Pride relegated to the stands.

IMG_4341.jpg

With the Lions down 17, and with about 6 minutes to go, fans started streaming out, but due to years of watching CFL football, I figured you never know what could happen.

IMG_4337.jpg

Lions recovering the onside kick:

It was too bad they went 4 and out to start the series. Overall a really good 1st game.

IMG_4355.jpg

Lions win an ugly game over the Skins, 37-25. A lot of mistakes and missed opportunities, but down in the 4th quarter, the Lions didn't crumble and actually rose to make the big plays. Suh and Calvin with monster games. For once, we win a game because of our defense. Can't remember the last time I said that.

Wow - I rarely watch the Lions since I am out of marker and they are rarely on national tv. I only tune in on Thanksgiving each year for the annual holiday loss...

They cut to the game late today however. Only the Lions can lose late the in 4th quarter up by 10 pts.

Kicker hurt, leading to missed extra point, fragile QB goes out again, backup incapable of achieving a first down, clock mismanagement, stupid personal foul, bad luck on the coin toss....

This team is the definition of cursed....the Lions saga continues....

Watching the game with my dad, we heard the commentators talk about a Jets comeback. He said, "There's 10 minutes left in the game, that won't happen." I was quick to point out that if any team could blow it, it's the Lions. After the final play, all I could do was give him a facepalm expression.

Stafford is supposedly out with a Grade 3 separation on the same shoulder he hurt earlier this season, of course that's a rumor since Schwartz and company are being tight lipped about it. I wonder if he was ever fully healed? When he was taken out he didn't take off his uniform or anythinglike he did when he got his Grade 2 separation; just slipped an ice pack under his shoulder pad. The way everyone's talking about his injury, he's just really sore and could be back perhaps by the Dallas game.

Drew Stanton will most likely start this weekend against the Bills, so all my State friends will be happy to see what he can do. He did O.K. when he came in for Hill, and this matchup won't be bad for him. As long as he manages the game and uses his legs, we should be able to win this one.

Man this season's been frustrating. I mean I know coming into the season my expectations were only 6-7 wins, but in hindsight if we weren't screwed over in week 1, stopped Green Bay's winning drive in week 4, and if the coaches didn't blow the game against the Jets, we'd be 5-3 with a very good opportunity to improve to 7-3 against Buffalo and Dallas.

But that's what you get with an inexperienced team. One good positive to look at is we finally have very good talent, so this season is a learning curve for all of our young players and coaches. If we keep up our good drafting, we'll be considered division threats next season. Well, my expectation at least will be division favorites.

If the Lions don't beat the Bills tomorrow, all is lost.

All is lost. I think that after 30+ years of watching/following Lions football that I'm officially done w/this team. What can they do that they haven't done 10 times already?