• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official Detroit Lions thread

Rate this topic

All is lost. I think that after 30+ years of watching/following Lions football that I'm officially done w/this team. What can they do that they haven't done 10 times already?

Win?

Oh, wait. I think they did that 10 times one year back in the 50's.

I've been a fan for over 40 years.

My dear old dad used to say that being a Lions fan builds character. He also said (before he passed away in 2009), "There are two things I want to see before I die: a Lions Superbowl win, and a hat trick by Cheli. Right now, my money's on Cheli."

What really sucks now is that I goaded a Bills fan on Sunday morning and will now have to face the music.

But hey, We're not the worst!

Edited by 55fan

What really sucks now is that I goaded a Bills fan on Sunday morning and will now have to face the music.

But hey, We're not the worst!

Try having a Bills fan in the room while you watch the game...that sucks. And I had to feed him. And he drank my beer. That really sucks.

Try having a Bills fan in the room while you watch the game...that sucks. And I had to feed him. And he drank my beer. That really sucks.

I'm sorry. My bf is a ViQueens fan.

At least no one can accuse us of being bandwagoners.

I'm sorry. My bf is a ViQueens fan.

At least no one can accuse us of being bandwagoners.

When I tell people I'm a Wings fan they immediately call me a bandwagon fan...then I whip out my Lions hat and all bandwagon talk quickly stops.

I figure both teams even things out...keeps me sane.

Well, yet again former Lions beat us up. John freaking Kitna converts two long 3rd downs...not passing, but running...and he converted a 4th and 1 into a LONG touch down run.

I keep hearing how the Lions are better than they were...I just can't agree w/that. They are making the same dumb mistakes. Same bad coaching...IMHO they are who we thought they were.

I really need one of my teams to win this weekend...the Wings are my only hope.

When I tell people I'm a Wings fan they immediately call me a bandwagon fan...then I whip out my Lions hat and all bandwagon talk quickly stops.

I figure both teams even things out...keeps me sane.

That's me exactly!

Quick wrap up of my Lions game adventure.

Drove down without a ticket. Saw Zetterberg & some of the other Wings before the game. Very long story short, the Lions wouldn't allow these 2 drunk kids into Ford Field and so I ended up buying their tickets. (turned out to be 35/40 yard line, 7th row).

IMG_4733.jpg

Can't figure out why Belichick leaves Tom Brady in games, when they seem to be well in hand for the Patriots. Here the end of the scrum that erupted when Suh got mad.

The Lions started to get heated as the game slipped away:

IMG_4731.jpg

After Brady wins the CBS' Phil Simms All-Iron Award

Having never seen NFL before this year, I'm quite happy to have seen the Lions play both the Eagles & Patriots this season.

Edited by WpgMikos

Suh fined 15k for hit on Cutler

I guess I can understand the original penalty, it did look pretty vicious, but to review it and still hand out a fine is ridiculous. Cutler was by definition a "runner" since he was past the line of scrimmage. The NFL contradicted their own rulebook. It's not illegal to push a runner, but since that runner happened to be a QB, the hit Suh with the fine.

Don't feel bad, before the season some idiot predicted this:

I never tire of being wrong, though. Next year! With a healthy Stafford! I may even bump that up to 6-7.

Should be interesting. Good Top 5 draft pick and a healthy Stafford could see the Lions win 5-7 next season.