• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official Detroit Lions thread

Rate this topic

Missed all the games yesterday thanks to a baby shower. A bunch of us were checking our phones and sharing results. Oddly, even though the shower was in Minnesota, most of us there were Lions fans as the parents were from Michigan.

There was one little boy there whose mother was a Packers fan. He wasn't old enough to talk yet, but when mom sang the Packers ditty, he would pump his fist in the air and grunt for the "Go Pack Go!" part. It was cute.

Wish I could have seen the Lions game. Looking ahead to next week- Detroit is at Minnesota, and GB is at Chicago. This has the potential to pull the division even further apart stat-wise.

Minnesota has been coming out strong and then falling apart. I think if the Lions start strong, this one should be ours fairly easily. Otherwise we'll have to claw for it.

This whole being good thing is really swell.

Watching the game yesterday, there are still a lot of areas where we can execute better. Kansas City was gouging us with the running game early. The offense had some 3rd down miscues. There were plenty of opportunities for this game to be an even bigger blowout.

But how the hell am I gonna complain about the biggest blowout win in franchise history? Simple answer is, I'm not.

Missed all the games yesterday thanks to a baby shower. A bunch of us were checking our phones and sharing results. Oddly, even though the shower was in Minnesota, most of us there were Lions fans as the parents were from Michigan.

There was one little boy there whose mother was a Packers fan. He wasn't old enough to talk yet, but when mom sang the Packers ditty, he would pump his fist in the air and grunt for the "Go Pack Go!" part. It was cute.

Wish I could have seen the Lions game. Looking ahead to next week- Detroit is at Minnesota, and GB is at Chicago. This has the potential to pull the division even further apart stat-wise.

Minnesota has been coming out strong and then falling apart. I think if the Lions start strong, this one should be ours fairly easily. Otherwise we'll have to claw for it.

Agreed. The Packers really seemed to be looking ahead to next week rather than focusing on the team at hand. I was embarrassed yesterday. Hopefully that served as a wake-up call.

The silver lining, great teams find a way to win even when they play like s***. We wouldn't have won had we been playing a better opponent.

I'm quite frankly pissed off at the Bears right now. I don't know if I was looking at Jay Cutler or Good Rex/BAD RAX. As Saxy Raxy would say "Receiver has 2 blockers in front and a safety behind? F**K IT I'M GOING DEEEEP! UNLEASH THE DRAGON!"

...but that crazy punt play sure made the packers look like a bunch of derps, so I take some solace in that. but Really. 11 running plays called vs a god-knows-how-many passing plays attempted. The offensive line is just that-Offensive. and Angelo saying he did "all he could". WHY DRAFT STEPHEN PAEA IN THE 2ND WHEN THERE WERE PLENTY OF OLINEMEN ON THE BOARD!?!?!?!

For the record, Paea is a DLineman, who is behind Anthony Adams, Matt Toeaina, and Henry Melton, AND Amobi Okoye on the depth chart....

Personally, I'm starting to compare it to the Blackhawks' situation a few years back. The Franchise will not move forward until the owner DIES.

After all, if the s***hawks can win a cup 3 years after their former owner kicked the bucket, why not the Bears?

I'm quite frankly pissed off at the Bears right now. I don't know if I was looking at Jay Cutler or Good Rex/BAD RAX. As Saxy Raxy would say "Receiver has 2 blockers in front and a safety behind? F**K IT I'M GOING DEEEEP! UNLEASH THE DRAGON!"

...but that crazy punt play sure made the packers look like a bunch of derps, so I take some solace in that. but Really. 11 running plays called vs a god-knows-how-many passing plays attempted. The offensive line is just that-Offensive. and Angelo saying he did "all he could". WHY DRAFT STEPHEN PAEA IN THE 2ND WHEN THERE WERE PLENTY OF OLINEMEN ON THE BOARD!?!?!?!

For the record, Paea is a DLineman, who is behind Anthony Adams, Matt Toeaina, and Henry Melton, AND Amobi Okoye on the depth chart....

Personally, I'm starting to compare it to the Blackhawks' situation a few years back. The Franchise will not move forward until the owner DIES.

After all, if the s***hawks can win a cup 3 years after their former owner kicked the bucket, why not the Bears?

Your tears taste so good! :lol:

Cartman.jpg

The reason the Bears didn't run is because they flat-out couldn't against our D-Line. They ended up with 11 yards rushing all game. Pound the rock?....that doesn't make much sense. I get that you're upset about the loss, but if this doesn't prove to Bears fans that their team is simply not as good as the Packers, nothing will.

Sidenote: The punt play was nothing more than a miscommunication on the Packers part. Mathsay said to the other 10 he was kicking to the left and everyone else must've missed it. Had they heard him before the ball was snapped, it would've never happened.

Looking at our next 4 games... 8-0 is totally plausible. Chicago is going to be a big test on MNF, but we have the definite ability to take the next 4 games before the bye week.

Let's see if Stafford can get away from the Bears this time and not get injured. Again.

MNF at Ford Field in Downtown Motown.

The reason the Bears didn't run is because they flat-out couldn't against our D-Line. They ended up with 11 yards rushing all game. Pound the rock?....that doesn't make much sense. I get that you're upset about the loss, but if this doesn't prove to Bears fans that their team is simply not as good as the Packers, nothing will.

Sidenote: The punt play was nothing more than a miscommunication on the Packers part. Mathsay said to the other 10 he was kicking to the left and everyone else must've missed it. Had they heard him before the ball was snapped, it would've never happened.

Look at the ******* plays Martz Called. Keeps calling runs up the middle right at either a Green Bay helmet or the backside of a Bears OL.

And no, this doesn't prove that the packers are "simply better". Roflgers isn't god. There is a reason we play the games, and not let computers decide s***.

And Yes, The punt play was a HERPADERP on the packies part. if only that flag hadn't happened

2-2 and heading to DET. We most likely aren't making the playoffs at this rate, but we can A. screw up someone else's season (by injuring Stafford a 3rd time in 3 years) or B. Do poorly enough to Fire Jerry Angelo.

^^ You mustn't speak of injuring Matthew Stafford. It's unacceptable. Like my mom mentioning the Scherzer hadn't given up a hit heading into the 6th inning today.

By the way boys and girls, that was largest comeback in a road game in NFL history.

Now eventually, pulling this crap is gonna catch up with us. But this is seriously fun.

^^ You mustn't speak of injuring Matthew Stafford. It's unacceptable. Like my mom mentioning the Scherzer hadn't given up a hit heading into the 6th inning today.

By the way boys and girls, that was largest comeback in a road game in NFL history.

Now eventually, pulling this crap is gonna catch up with us. But this is seriously fun.

Nice. Two records broken in 1 game.

I've noticed we also have the highest turnover ratio. I think during this Monday night game our D-Line is going to be very amped up and wants to show just how dominate they can be; Cutler sacked 5 times and throws for 4 INTs. I just hope the line can stay onside.