• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official Detroit Lions thread

Rate this topic

Let's see if Stafford can get away from the Bears this time and not get injured. Again.

MNF at Ford Field in Downtown Motown.

Look at the ******* plays Martz Called. Keeps calling runs up the middle right at either a Green Bay helmet or the backside of a Bears OL.

And no, this doesn't prove that the packers are "simply better". Roflgers isn't god. There is a reason we play the games, and not let computers decide s***.

And Yes, The punt play was a HERPADERP on the packies part. if only that flag hadn't happened

2-2 and heading to DET. We most likely aren't making the playoffs at this rate, but we can A. screw up someone else's season (by injuring Stafford a 3rd time in 3 years) or B. Do poorly enough to Fire Jerry Angelo.

:rotflmao:

Thank you for this rant...it so made my morning.

Yes, it does prove the Packers are simply better. Yes, Rodgers is more than likely the best QB in the game. Yes, the Bears aren't going to make the playoffs.

Can I get you a tissue?

... All right, that's it, who the hell are these people and what have they done with the Lions?! :scared:

We now have a battle going between GB and Detroit, who will go undefeated for longer? Also, considering the UP is like half Pack fans and half Lions fans, this should be amusing. :lol:

Yesterday was my friend Trisha's birthday. She's a Lions fan. Good day for her.

Living in Vikings territory, this is a sweet year. Quite a few people who are fans of other teams have told me privately that they are closet Lions fans (as a second team) who would like to see the Lions have a good year. My friends, this may well be it.

All we have to do is be better than the Packers. That's a tall order, but if we can do that, I think we can beat anybody.

If you guys missed the MNF intro with Barry Sanders here it is again. Brought a tear to my eye. Great stuff. Like i said on fb when i re-posted this I was born in Trenton MI But lived in Tn most of my life and now in tx i still feel a big connection to MI and to Detroit. My dad worked for the Cadillac Fleetwood plant. I have a grandpa,2 uncles and an aunt that worked for various other plants there as well. I still have a bunch of family there. I miss it and i told my wife that one day we will move back. She said i was crazy but thats how i feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Uhr5yLif5KQ

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

So who thinks the Lions will fall before the Pack, who thinks the Pack will fall first, and who thinks they'll both lose their first game in the same week?

I'd say we would be the first to lose. The Packers have a couple games before Thanksgiving that could give them trouble, but the Packers are the better team in each matchup.

The Packers are the class of the league right now, it's just up to us win the head-to-head matchups.

So who thinks the Lions will fall before the Pack, who thinks the Pack will fall first, and who thinks they'll both lose their first game in the same week?

Realistically, the Packers should have 2 layups in a row (STL, then @ MIN) before their Bye week in Week 8. After that, @ SD is going to be more challenging but the Packers should win there as well. After that, they should handle MIN & TB at home quite handily.

The Lions on the other hand have what should be a layup for them as well this week against SF, but have a tougher one against ATL the following week. If they can come out unscathed from that one it sets up another easy one against DEN before heading to another tough one at Soldier Field and then rounding it off against CAR.

So realistically, if both the Packers can win at SD and the Lions can win vs. ATL & at CHI, it could set up an undefeated matchup on Thanksgiving. Obviously, its not likely to assume either team isn't going to lay an egg before Week 12, but it very well could happen. Honestly, I can see DET losing to Atlanta who's already in desperation mode which would obviously mean they lose before the Packers have to play @ SD.

Realistically, the Packers should have 2 layups in a row (STL, then @ MIN) before their Bye week in Week 8. After that, @ SD is going to be more challenging but the Packers should win there as well. After that, they should handle MIN & TB at home quite handily.

The Lions on the other hand have what should be a layup for them as well this week against SF, but have a tougher one against ATL the following week. If they can come out unscathed from that one it sets up another easy one against DEN before heading to another tough one at Soldier Field and then rounding it off against CAR.

So realistically, if both the Packers can win at SD and the Lions can win vs. ATL & at CHI, it could set up an undefeated matchup on Thanksgiving. Obviously, its not likely to assume either team isn't going to lay an egg before Week 12, but it very well could happen. Honestly, I can see DET losing to Atlanta who's already in desperation mode which would obviously mean they lose before the Packers have to play @ SD.

I wouldn't say SF is a layup. Very good defense and they're playing very good offensively as well. Smith has been playing much better under Harbaugh and Gore is one of the best backs in the league IMO when healthy. Can't forget the freak Vernon Davis too. It's gonna be another tough game; good thing they're playing them at home. If our crowd is loud enough again to make it hard for their offense I could see another score similar to last week's.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Guest Shoreline

That was an epic game against the 49ers. Probably the only NFL game I watch all regular season.

Now to give family from Michigan s*** for losing to my team. :P

Team didn't look good today in pretty much all aspects except for a few exceptions. Even Hanson missed a FG. Although it was over 50 yards... I'm not really that upset about it though. The Niners are a good team this year and 5-1 is a hell of a start for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in over ten years.

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing

Guest Shoreline
The Lions on the other hand have what should be a layup for them as well this week against SF

Airball? ;)

I wouldn't say SF is a layup. Very good defense and they're playing very good offensively as well. Smith has been playing much better under Harbaugh and Gore is one of the best backs in the league IMO when healthy. Can't forget the freak Vernon Davis too. It's gonna be another tough game; good thing they're playing them at home. If our crowd is loud enough again to make it hard for their offense I could see another score similar to last week's.

Yeah, I dropped the ball on that one. No one was sure if SF was for real given their recent history and the division they play in. I guess I fell back to what we've come to expect of SF this past decade-plus.

Tough loss for Detroit, but I gotta say it feels great having a little breathing room for my Packers. Sidenote: I was at the game yesterday and it was a blast....minus the boring second half. Now with ATL still in desperation mode at 3-3 and needing wins given their brutal division plus what should be an easy one for the Packers against MIN, things could be quite interesting 7 days from now.

News for you Detroit Fans: It's been reported that Jahvid Best has been advised to sit out the remainder of the season due to his concussion. Between that and Harrison's Brain Tumor, Maurice Morris will likely take the reigns the rest of the way.

I picked him up on one of my fantasy teams. :D

2010-11 Packers = 2008-9 Penguins. Annoying fans, every "football expert" slobbering the team's leader's knob, can't go a game without referring to how Rodgers/Crosby did something, etc.

And the Bears are on the biggest downswing? That would be more in the direction of the Deflat-A-Dome and Donovan McScabb.

30-12. And we play against New Orleans, where Brees is 0-3 vs the Bears, including that pantsing in the NFC Championship game in 2006.

Aaron Rodgers stats through 6 games:

TD's: 17

INT: 3 (2 of which were deflections by his own players directly causing the INT)

YDS: 2,037 (On pace to break the all time record of 5,084 -- A Rod's prorated season-end passing yards: 5,432!)

RTG: 122.4

Yeah....there's a reason football experts are (as you put it) slobbering his knob.

News for you Detroit Fans: It's been reported that Jahvid Best has been advised to sit out the remainder of the season due to his concussion. Between that and Harrison's Brain Tumor, Maurice Morris will likely take the reigns the rest of the way.

I picked him up on one of my fantasy teams. :D

Aaron Rodgers stats through 6 games:

TD's: 17

INT: 3 (2 of which were deflections by his own players directly causing the INT)

YDS: 2,037 (On pace to break the all time record of 5,084 -- A Rod's prorated season-end passing yards: 5,432!)

RTG: 122.4

Yeah....there's a reason football experts are (as you put it) slobbering his knob.

I sincerely hope that you go 18-1. That way you can give Tom Brady some more than welcome company.

I felt dirty rooting for the Vikings yesterday.

Congrats to the Pack on their still-unbeaten record. I usually pull for the Packers against other teams, but this year is full of uncharted territory, like someone actually being a threat to the Lions' chances of making the playoffs/taking the division.

I mean someone other than the Lions themselves.

I don't know what's happened to this offense. Suddenly, Stafford looks gun-shy which is probably partially due to o-line not giving him a whole lot of time the last two weeks. The loss of Best of course affects that, but it was the same thing last week when we had him.

I'm hoping I can chalk these losses up to just two bad games and not symptoms of an impending collapse.