• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official Detroit Lions thread

Rate this topic

What's the Bears' cap situation like next season? You seem quite concerned about CHI locking him up...have there been problems with negotiations regarding him in the past?

There's a reason we refer to the ownership as the "McCheapskis".

Most recent article via google was : http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/29/updated-salary-cap-space-numbers-for-all-32-teams/

We have more than enough cap room to sign Forte, and then buy another Julius Peppers if we really wanted to. 19.3, given the team we currently have.

I just don't want us to squander a great player at the expense of some $ which would be EASILY made up in Merch sales. I honestly think Forte has the upside of at least Marshall Faulk, if not...His Sweetness.

So I guess the big question is whether or not we can beat the Packers on Thanksgiving.

This is a huge game, which honestly makes me nervous. I have given up on the Lions taking the division. I think that is the Packers' to lose, and I don't think they will. With the injury to Cutler, I have new hope for the Lions' chances making it as a wildcard team.

Even so, beating the undefeated Pack would be a great boost both in the standings and in our confidence.

I don't remember if it was that game or another where they got penalized for being "too loud". I remember my dad sitting in his chair saying, "Just shut up until he gets the play almost off." The Old Coach didn't put up with rule-breaking, but he thought it was a stupid rule.

Lions are my dark horse to win the North. 10-6, maybe 11-5.

Looks my North prediction won't happen, but the overall record still can. I like 10-6- that includes losing to the Saints and Pack, but I see New Orleans as a tossup.

Lions really beat themselves today. Great first half with a frustrating result followed by an implosion. I'm all for the Lions having swagger and attitude, but they really killed themselves today.

If not for two interceptions, we could have been leading at the half. Once we got behind, we lost it. We're supposed to be a come-from-behind team, so I really wasn't worried at halftime, but in the second half the offense looked like a bunch of rookies.

This is not to say that the Packers didn't earn their win. They certainly did. I certainly give them full credit. I would have liked to have seen a more cohesive effort from the Lions in the second half.

This is pretty much exactly what everyone thought would happen. I love his fire and tenacity, but he's gotta learn to keep it between the whistles.

As for the game Thursday? Let's not talk about that.

We better get this thing righted soon, or it's no playoffs and a poor draft spot for the Lions.

This is pretty much exactly what everyone thought would happen. I love his fire and tenacity, but he's gotta learn to keep it between the whistles.

As for the game Thursday? Let's not talk about that.

We better get this thing righted soon, or it's no playoffs and a poor draft spot for the Lions.

I posted this in the NFL thread, but it bares repeating in this one:

Quite the jumbled mess from the 3-seed to the 8th. Huge game tonight with major implications. If New Orleans pulls it off, they've got a shot at the bye come playoff time. If New York pulls it off (which I don't see happening), things get even more jumbled from 4th-8th.

Strength of schedule is huge along with key injuries.

1. Green Bay Packers 11-0 (Remaining SoS: 31-23, 0.574 Winning %)

2. San Francisco 49ers 9-2 (Remaining SoS: 20-35, 0.364 Winning %)

3. New Orleans Saints 7-3 (Remaining SoS: 31-34, 0.477 Winning %)

4. Dallas Cowboys 7-4 (Remaining SoS: 24-29, 0.453 Winning %)

5. Chicago Bears 7-4 (Remaining SoS: 27-28, 0.491 Winning %)

6. Atlanta Falcons 7-4 (Remaining SoS: 25-29, 0.464 Winning %)

7. Detroit Lions 7-4 (Remaining SoS: 31-23, 0.574 Winning %)

8. New York Giants 6-4 (Remaining SoS: 31-23, 0.646 Winning %)

New York has a brutal finish to their schedule, while SF has a cake walk. The Packers remaining schedule is tied with Detroit's for the second most difficult among the 8 in the playoff picture.

Should be an interesting and fun end to the season.

You remove the Packers 11-0 from the Bears last games, and it is nearly a GIMME for the bears to make the playoffs. Chiefs, Vikings, Seahawks, and the Denver Tebows. All of those games are more than winnable, they should be GIMMEs for the Bears. that would make at least 11-5, and should-SHOULD-be enough for a playoff spot.

Hanie has to turn that s*** around. More 2nd Half Hanie PLZ!

Oh, and someone needs to slap Suh in the ass with a wet towel. Inexcusable to build up this reputation and not even be in the league long enough for tenure. Much like how Homer has a reputation for standing in front of the net, that results in our goals getting waved off, or how Isiah Thomas has a reputation for being a dickbag, someone should show this s*** to the kid. Can't just thug because it's Detroit.

Edited by Hiei

The Suh Suspension is in: 2 Games.

Expected at least 1.

Now it will be interesting to see if the Lions can rebound from this and continue to march forward or fall off. Atlanta is right there.