• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official Detroit Lions thread

Rate this topic

I just about did. I couldn't breathe. We got away with a facemask there at the end, but from what I heard, there were a couple of calls that should have gone against the Vikes that didn't get called, so we're even.

I fell asleep at halftime and missed the 3rd quarter. The downside of working graveyards, I guess.

Whether this is true or not, Suh does need to learn to control his emotions. Still, this is interesting. Then again, its nothing more than an unsubstantiated rumor that Suh didn't once make mention of.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Did-the-Packers-untying-Ndamukong-Suh-8217-s-sh?urn=nfl-wp13954

Yahoo Sports: Chris Chase

Was Ndamukong Suh's Thanksgiving outburst caused by a juvenile prank ordered by a Green Bay Packers coach? According to former Packers offensive lineman Matt Brock, that's exactly what happened.

Brock was being interviewed on KXTG in Portland, Ore., when he floated the theory that his former teammate, current offensive line coach James Campen, may have told Evan Dietrich-Smith to untie Ndamukong Suh's shoes during the game as a way of getting under the skin of the volatile Detroit Lions star.

This is the sort of tale that's best served straight from the horse's mouth, so here's a transcript of Brock's interview, courtesy MLive.com:

The center, or one of his guards, he's had like one or two starts in his career and he's got to play against Suh. So he's pretty puckered, right? So, he talking to James, the offensive line coach, going, "What do I do? What do I do?"

James is just in his mind going, "This guy is going to get killed. I got to take his mind off it, give him something else to do." So he says, "Ok, every time you're in a pile, I want you to focus on something. I want you to untie his shoes."

He goes, "What?"

"Anytime you can, just reach in, he's got floppy shoe laces, he doesn't spat or anything, just untie his shoes. It will irritate him."

He untied his shoes three times in the game. That's why he stomped him. That's why he banged his head on the ground and he stomped him. When (Suh) went to the sideline it looked like he was telling the coach, "I didn't do anything" and he put his foot up like, "I didn't stomp him. I didn't do anything." He was actually going, "The damn guy keeps untying my shoes."

f*** it.

Go Lions. Someone who isn't the packers-WIN!

oh, and Kyle Orton. That is all. I still have my NECKBEARD ARMY shirt in my closet somewhere...

And when the McCaskeys either sell or die (a'la dollar bill) i'm going to spend all day singing "Ding dong the wicked witch is dead"

It's games like this that almost make me believe that we have a chance despite not having playoff experience and discipline.

I am starting to believe that we'll make the playoffs this year. I don't foresee much beyond that this year, but I do expect them to build on that.

It's games like this that almost make me believe that we have a chance despite not having playoff experience and discipline.

I am starting to believe that we'll make the playoffs this year. I don't foresee much beyond that this year, but I do expect them to build on that.

I was unable to watch the game. But sounded like another exciting game. Good to see we're still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

I was unable to watch the game. But sounded like another exciting game. Good to see we're still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

We are more than in the hunt. That wildcard spot is ours to lose now. All we have to do is win one of our final two games to clinch a spot and that's if the 7-7 teams behind us win out which is probably not going to happen. We basically just stamped our ticket to the playoffs today. An unbelievable finish to the game with Suh blocking the field goal as time expired. If the Cardinals can win a world series, we can win a Superbowl. It's that wildcard magic!

I'm not counting my chickens yet. Remember that we have to play Green Bay.

I'm relieved that they lost today. If we stood in the way of them going 16-0 there's no way they'd have let us advance an inch. Green Bay is the team to beat this year.

I'm not counting my chickens yet. Remember that we have to play Green Bay.

I'm relieved that they lost today. If we stood in the way of them going 16-0 there's no way they'd have let us advance an inch. Green Bay is the team to beat this year.

Now that they lost, We will basically be playing their bench when we do meet up. That game will definitely be winnable and same for the Chargers at home next weekend. I don't like counting chickens before they hatch as well but but our chances at making the playoffs are very very good right now. And obviously I'm kind of kidding about winning the Superbowl, but crazier things have happened.

Now that they lost, We will basically be playing their bench when we do meet up. That game will definitely be winnable and same for the Chargers at home next weekend. I don't like counting chickens before they hatch as well but but our chances at making the playoffs are very very good right now. And obviously I'm kind of kidding about winning the Superbowl, but crazier things have happened.

More so than that, with the pounding our offensive-line took yesterday, added to the 2 starters still not back from injury yet, I see McCarthy being even more cautious. I'm not expecting much out of the Packers the next two games because now that 16-0 isn't an option, it simply doesn't matter.

Obviously, you want to go into the playoffs on a high note, but this team has been playing high for so long already. Sometimes an "Uff" like this is exactly what the doctor ordered to refocus and re-engage.

f*** it.

Go Lions. Someone who isn't the packers-WIN!

oh, and Kyle Orton. That is all. I still have my NECKBEARD ARMY shirt in my closet somewhere...

And when the McCaskeys either sell or die (a'la dollar bill) i'm going to spend all day singing "Ding dong the wicked witch is dead"

Aaawh, C'mon Hiei....I thought you and I were buddies now. :P

I understand, coming from a Bears-fan perspective. I too, was cheering against CHI in the Superbowl a few years back.

Aaawh, C'mon Hiei....I thought you and I were buddies now. :P

I understand, coming from a Bears-fan perspective. I too, was cheering against CHI in the Superbowl a few years back.

I want you...to take a few minutes and think about all the bears teams since that 1985 season.

I was born in 1988.

Put my level of rememberance around 1991, and kindly look from there forward how the chicago bears have been.

Now experience my level of frustration with this franchise.

End scene.

oh, lest we forget this punk who's now on our team (hopefully not for long)

"No defense can stop us. That's only in my opinion. We are our only defense. We will win this game. Y'all take that as a guarantee or what not, but we will win this game."

~Roy Williams

Spoken just before a 34-7 punking of the Lions at Soldier Field.

Edited by Hiei

I want you...to take a few minutes and think about all the bears teams since that 1985 season.

I was born in 1988.

Put my level of rememberance around 1991, and kindly look from there forward how the chicago bears have been.

Now experience my level of frustration with this franchise.

End scene.

oh, lest we forget this punk who's now on our team (hopefully not for long)

"No defense can stop us. That's only in my opinion. We are our only defense. We will win this game. Y'all take that as a guarantee or what not, but we will win this game."

~Roy Williams

Spoken just before a 34-7 punking of the Lions at Soldier Field.

Ha! How about follow a Lions fan born in 1990 with remembrance starting at say... 1996 until now. Frustration? You haven't seen frustration.

Ha! How about follow a Lions fan born in 1990 with remembrance starting at say... 1996 until now. Frustration? You haven't seen frustration.

Geez, you're probably too young to remember the kinda good times of the mid 90s. Born in 85, I got to consciously see most of Barry's career.

Looks like Delmas is out again Saturday, meaning the special teamer Weddling (?) or the rookie are in. Yeesh. Thankfully Patrick Rivers is having his worst year so far, although the Chargers have turned it on.

Robbed on that TD. Totally robbed.

Facemask on. Check.

Finger in pocket looking like a gun. Check.

Demand made. Check.

Money handed over. Check.

Clerk hitting the alarm. Nope- clerk hit it twice already. We're home free.