• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official Detroit Lions thread

Rate this topic

Really? That pass interference call? And "we're" paying off the refs?

how much are green bay paying these refs? This is ridiculous.

Gimme a break. The ref missed the call because the defender was in his line of sight. Nothing more, nothing less. The Packers didn't get the record they did by getting lucky or "paying off the refs".

If you wanna be mad about something, be upset by how undisciplined your team is.

This game is a shootout. We really could of used that Titus Young TD. I wish the rule was you can only have two incorrect challenges instead of two challenges regardless of right or wrong.

I actually really like that idea. I'd be in favor of it.

Really? That pass interference call? And "we're" paying off the refs?

Gimme a break. The ref missed the call because the defender was in his line of sight. Nothing more, nothing less. The Packers didn't get the record they did by getting lucky or "paying off the refs".

If you wanna be mad about something, be upset by how undisciplined your team is.

I actually really like that idea. I'd be in favor of it.

Yeah, its just really shocking that these calls kept going the Packers way. Shouldnt have needed to review the Scheffler play, amazingly they called Logan's return a fumble and couldn't overturn becuase they didnt have view and then as if by magic the ref cannot see a player get two feet down AND WE CAN'T REVIEW IT BECAUSE WE HAD TO WASTE 2 CHALLENGES. I was shocked they didnt say Calvin didnt complete the process of the catch on his first td.

But in the second half the reason we lost was because of our secondary. They should be embarassed of themselves. Brees is gonna roast us.

And dont compare a pass interference with blown calls that directly took points off the board and switched possession.

If they want to make things so that they are as accurate as possible, they should go the NHL route and review anything that might be a goal (or, in this case, touchdown).

This was one of the best games I have seen in a long time. It really could have gone either way.

Green Bay is scary good at QB.

The Lions seriously need to get their penalties under control. Personal fouls and offsides/encroachment could cost us a game, and at this time of year, one game is all that stands between spending time with your family or spending time with your teammates.

Yeah, its just really shocking that these calls kept going the Packers way. Shouldnt have needed to review the Scheffler play, amazingly they called Logan's return a fumble and couldn't overturn becuase they didnt have view and then as if by magic the ref cannot see a player get two feet down AND WE CAN'T REVIEW IT BECAUSE WE HAD TO WASTE 2 CHALLENGES. I was shocked they didnt say Calvin didnt complete the process of the catch on his first td.

But in the second half the reason we lost was because of our secondary. They should be embarassed of themselves. Brees is gonna roast us.

And dont compare a pass interference with blown calls that directly took points off the board and switched possession.

Why? They both have direct effect on the outcome of the game. That's like saying, don't mention a missed field goal or a blown 2-point conversion in the third quarter because multiple scores happened after that. The fact of the matter is that each play or non-play for that matter changes the game going forward. To sit there and say that would've changed the game is irrelevant because it would've changed everything else going forward. Hell, I could say the same about the questionable non-call on Johnson. We could also make mention that 7 of our top stars didn't suit up.

Lastly, You couldn't review the play because your coach lost a challenge. It has nothing to do with "magic". That's the rules, like it or not.

The point is we should never have to use 3 challenges in one half. It's like the refs threw their hands up and said, "well we don't really know what happened so Green Bay ball".

The pass interference call was bad, but it wasn't a scoring play or a turnover. Clearly there is a difference. I wouldn't expect you to see it as I do.

The point is we should never have to use 3 challenges in one half. It's like the refs threw their hands up and said, "well we don't really know what happened so Green Bay ball".

The pass interference call was bad, but it wasn't a scoring play or a turnover. Clearly there is a difference. I wouldn't expect you to see it as I do.

I'm not some homer that can't distinguish between a huge play and one that's seemingly less significant. What I'm saying is that regardless of a potential scoring play, it changes the course of the game going forward. To be so naive as to say that single potential touchdown would've been the difference is ridiculous given the time of the game it happened. If it was the last play of the game, that's one thing.

If you have a problem with the challenges, that's one thing. Every team goes through that. I could make an argument that the Packers should be 16-0 given the winning touchdown KC scored against us didn't actually happen. However the refs missed it and life goes on.

It's not that I don't see it as you do. It's that a ref is a ref, and both teams got poor calls against them. Today, Detroit got more tough calls, but it doesn't mean the outcome of the game absolutely would've been different.

You're right it doesnt. But did you notice I wrote that at halftime when every other Lions fan in the world felt the same way.

I did...and I can appreciate that. Frustration does that. It's the same feeling I've had all season with our defense. There's no reason they shouldn't be what they were last year. They lost no one aside from Jenkins.

Delmas, Houston, Suh, and Fairley will all be back who didn't play in the first game in New Orleans.

Gotta hope the defense can turn the ball over a few times. Brees is a very accurate passer, but there are opportunities to pick him off. The offense can't afford to take whole quarters off either.

My gut says we're in tough and that our rise to prominence will have to continue next season, but it's not like New Orleans is undefeated and we've all seen the Lions pull a few miracles out of a hat this season.

Delmas, Houston, Suh, and Fairley will all be back who didn't play in the first game in New Orleans.

Gotta hope the defense can turn the ball over a few times. Brees is a very accurate passer, but there are opportunities to pick him off. The offense can't afford to take whole quarters off either.

My gut says we're in tough and that our rise to prominence will have to continue next season, but it's not like New Orleans is undefeated and we've all seen the Lions pull a few miracles out of a hat this season.

Delmas will be huge to get back. Him alone will significantly improve our secondary. Same with Suh and Fairley. A good pass rush can seriously help poor coverage.

While things look pretty grim going against Brees having a career year, crazier things have happened and I know the Lions will play with all they got. I'm pretty excited to just watch a Lions playoff game ragardless. I will have two TV's set up in my living room to watch the Wings and Lions. It's going to be a great day for sports.

Now you see why chicago got rid of Chris Harris. No pass defending.

Chris Houston having a bounceback year, played more like he did here in Arkansas than his first NFL Stop.

DET needs a running game (sorry Best) a LB, and can never go wrong with more o-linemen.

CHI needs someone with half a brain running the team. Thank god Angelo's toast. Hopefully Tice still has some brain cells left to run the offense.

Caught most of the Lions game at the bar in Toronto last night. Detroit was overmatched but wow Stafford and Megatron were sick! I don't watch much football and have never followed the Lions, but after last night I just might have to start watching them a bit more next year.