• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official Detroit Lions thread

Rate this topic

Yup, this team is completely different with Bush playing. I'm not too worried about that comeback by Chicago because that was just some great catching by the receivers with our corners so glued to them.

It was an impressive win though. A statement win that they can challenge the division. The real test will come next week though at Lambeau field. IF they can somehow beat the Packers at their home field, I may be prepared to say this Lions team is a playoff team.

Calvin questionable. I hope he's in.

I was just at the Lions' website looking for more info on this when out of the corner of my eye I saw the headline "Dylan Gandy to tight end?" For some reason, probably having to do with the fact that I'm tired, my eyes read it as "Dandy Goodend". I thought that was a fabulous name for a football player.

Go Lions!

A Lions haiku...

Great pass, catch, and rush!

No way we can lose this one!

Unless we... do....... that.

EDIT (3:24 PM, central time):

Turnovers galore.

No way we can win this one!

Unless we... do......THAT!

Edited by 55fan

Dear Lions,

Don't go breaking my heart.

Love, your long-time fan, Karen

I still have my guard up against the Lions. So not taking a commanding lead in the division, against easy opponents, and with the Bears and Packers missing their best quarterbacks, AND losing in fashion like they did on primetime television last night, it's very typical of this team to drop down to third in the division. "Same ol' Lions."

I did find it funny though that Rodgers sent a thank you to Tucker for kicking that game winning field goal.

I still have my guard up against the Lions. So not taking a commanding lead in the division, against easy opponents, and with the Bears and Packers missing their best quarterbacks, AND losing in fashion like they did on primetime television last night, it's very typical of this team to drop down to third in the division. "Same ol' Lions."

I did find it funny though that Rodgers sent a thank you to Tucker for kicking that game winning field goal.

I hadn't heard about that. Never liked that guy. Beady eyes and all that.

Totally off-topic, but you used to have Bettman in your avatar, didn't you? Or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Yes, that was me. Finally got around to changing it to something else after 4 years lol

You're far more attractive now. (assuming that you look like your avatars)

I have a feeling that the Bears/Packers game (week 17) will be the Game of the Season. Since it's being played at the same time as the Lions/Vikings game, I'll be glued to both the tv and computer.

So many times we could have pulled ahead of the Bears and Packers this season but lost heartbreakers instead. Someone had said last season that the Lions' problem is that they don't know how to be a winning team. They don't have the mindset. I'm starting to wonder if there isn't something to that.

You're far more attractive now. (assuming that you look like your avatars)

I have a feeling that the Bears/Packers game (week 17) will be the Game of the Season. Since it's being played at the same time as the Lions/Vikings game, I'll be glued to both the tv and computer.

So many times we could have pulled ahead of the Bears and Packers this season but lost heartbreakers instead. Someone had said last season that the Lions' problem is that they don't know how to be a winning team. They don't have the mindset. I'm starting to wonder if there isn't something to that.

This picture would sum up my childhood if I looked like Bettman:

Supervillain.jpg

Not saying I was dubbed the King of Prom, just saying I'm no man version of Carrie.

As for the topic at hand: There's still a small window for the Lions to make the playoffs thanks to the Bears/Packers matchup. But will the Lions win their last two? I'll just say that it's more probable that they won't make it in this year again. I'll be looking forward to some coaching changes, not necessarily Schwartz but I wouldn't be upset if he was canned, but I'm more looking at Linehan. I just can't stand his body of work for this offense.

The guy on the Fox pre-game show speculated that Jim Schwarz may be gone after this season. My pastor's wife agrees.

She says that he's undisciplined and that it reflects in the team. Given all of the stupid penalties, especially in the neutral zone, that the Lions take, I agree.

I'm usually the last one to think that a new coach would change things, but in this case, I think she has a point.

Any thoughts and/or speculation?

I thought the team was disciplined this season compared to the past (from the standpoint of not being penalized on the field as much and not getting in trouble off the field). That's the one improvement I'll give. With that said, I'll be very surprised if Schwartz and Co. are retained. If I had it my way I'd fire Linehan but after 5 seasons + how this team choked away the division, maybe it's best just to clean house. As long as Linehan's gone.

When you think about it, this team is a coaches dream. They have: A franchise QB, best receiver in the league, lines built on both sides very well, lots of other talent. This team is definitely better than 7-9, so hopefully the front office chooses the next coach wisely to get the most out of this team.

That's the frustrating part. They have the pieces. It's not like back when we were praying that Hipple could complete a pass to Chadwick before the pocket collapsed 0.343 seconds after the snap.

The neutral zone infractions are a bit better, but they're still driving me nuts.