• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official Detroit Lions thread

Rate this topic

So I was putting the Lions' schedule into my phone and I noticed that they were scheduled to play at 9:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning.

I verified it on the NFL website. There are no other Sunday morning games for the whole season.

Does anyone know what's up with this?

It's October 26 at the Falcons.

We lost Bill Bentley for the year with a torn ACL. I don't think he is a make or break player by any stretch of the imagination, but to lose a starting CB when that is our weakest position is not good. Hopefully someone steps up, or we sign/trade for someone. I have heard rumblings of Champ Bailey. He used to be a pro bowler, but I have clue if he has another year left in him. The fact that he remains unsigned is not a good sign.

The kicking game is a problem, though the prolific offense is not doing much to help the cause. Gotta score more touchdowns, no excuse not to. Hopefully Prater works out the kinks with the kicking game, as missed kicks do cost the team games. Luckily they draw Minnesota!

Our offense doesn't have to be great, because our defense is effing amazing for some reason.(the line of top 5 picks has to help)

But Megatron's been playing hurt, get him and reggie healthy and the offense will be fine...

Its a completely different offense, they say it usually takes three years to fully transition to a new scheme.

Not sure if this is a 6-2 team. They're getting tons of breaks.

It's a 6-2 team. Think of how we'd be doing if we'd had a kicker at the start of the season. That kind of balances out the breaks.

It helps that we're doing well against the rest of the North. I think the big test will be Thanksgiving day. If we can win then, we can win anything. It's more of a matter of breaking that Thanksgiving curse we've been under these last couple of decades.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

We lost to drew Stanton.

What's sad is that I couldn't remember why that name sounded familiar. I thought I was combining Drew and Stafford and getting Drew Stafford, who doesn't even play football.

Apparently I've just blocked that horrible time out of my memory.

This week we gave up too early. You could see it on the bench. Hopefully they will move on and do well on Thanksgiving.