• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official Detroit Lions thread

Rate this topic

What's sad is that I couldn't remember why that name sounded familiar. I thought I was combining Drew and Stafford and getting Drew Stafford, who doesn't even play football.

Apparently I've just blocked that horrible time out of my memory.

This week we gave up too early. You could see it on the bench. Hopefully they will move on and do well on Thanksgiving.

Yeah.

Oh.

And 16.

Ha.

And et.

We may just be crashing and burning.

I guess we'll see soon.

I just effin hope not man.

Seems like the NFL out ranks the NHL in terms of stupidity.

Suh will play...Hope he gets his ACL blown out with a chop block...What a worthless piece of trash he is.

Sumthin is really wrong with the Lions if they keep having these sorts of issues with their players.

Lack of discipline has been part of the culture for the Lions. Look at all of the stupid penalties they have taken over the last few years. Neutral zone infractions occurred almost every set of downs.

A new coach can get rid of those sort of things by enforcing discipline on the practice field that may eventually translate into improvements in the game where the lack of discipline is just being unable to hold back and wait until the proper time to start, but the kinds of things that Suh and Raiola have done in the last couple of weeks are due to a lack of discipline that comes from inability to control emotion.

That sort of discipline takes longer to sink in and takes more personal responsibility. Excitement is easier to contain than anger if one is not practiced in controlling anger and frustration.

Nerves are a mental issue. Anger comes from the heart. The heart is not so easily changed, but the head can be persuaded. ;)

Well, guys, I guess that's it. The season is over. It's been fun and exciting. Hopefully we can build on this. We've seen some improvements, most notably in the department of "not taking stupid penalties, especially in the neutral zone".

We can take down the Blue and Silver decorations and put up the Red and White. Mike, you can get the lights, Jimmy can take care of the streamers, I'll clean up the snack kitchen. The rest of you guys can tidy up the mancave and get the beer cans/bottles out for recycling. Don't worry about picking up the flags. The officials will be over to take care of that.

None of my friends are Lions fans but they all agree that was bulls***. You know, on that play it's pass interference and holding. You can call either one and it's first down Lions inside 35 or whatever. Hard to say what would happen after that since we will never know but the way the offense was playing. Probably would've got points, instead all the momentum goes to the Cowboys. And everyone knows how it ends. But what most don't know is once the flag was thrown. Dez Bryant run out on the field with no helment and cried to the refs. That's a flag also, or should've been if refs weren't paid.

Reading on Twitter and Facebook, everyone outside of Texas agrees that was clear pass interference and know the Lions got f***ed. Us Lions fans have been thinking the NFL is rigged and now I think a lot more people are starting to realize the same. Sorry if you don't think it isn't but it seems more and more, year after year.

Also, for "American's team". Pretty sure every non Cowboys fan hates them haha