• Please log in to reply
451 replies to this topic

#181 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:11 AM

Now they have to cut 8 million in salary... I just don't get how the cap works in the NFL...

I believe all they have to do is restructure some contracts into bonus money so they can get under. Not 100% on this though.

Oakland is still $15.25 mil over even after losing Nnamdi. Apparently they still have to pay his remaining contract since they opted out on him.

#182 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

Fantastic, just heard Mikel Leshoure is out for the season. What is with the Lions picking up all these players who are so injury prone.
http://www.nfl.com/t..._headline_stack

Just hope Fairley isn't gone too long.

Edited by MGreenberg, 08 August 2011 - 01:06 PM.

#183 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

Fantastic, just heard Mikel Leshoure is out for the season. What is with the Lions picking up all these players who are so injury prone.

Hopefully this injury doesn't affect his running ability in the future.

#184 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

The Lions have signed free agent RBs Mike Bell and Jerome Harrison.

Per Adam Schefter

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#185 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:25 AM

solid signings, with LeShoure out and Morris with a broken hand, these two guys can spell Best for a few plays.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#186 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:45 AM

I would rather just go with the same RB from last year.

Also, now there are tampering charges... Doesn't it just seem like the Lions are the biggest disaster franchise of all time. Things are looking up and then there are just a wave of set backs.

They should still be better than last year, but it just seems like this is all getting set up for a big fall.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#187 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

I would rather just go with the same RB from last year.

Also, now there are tampering charges... Doesn't it just seem like the Lions are the biggest disaster franchise of all time. Things are looking up and then there are just a wave of set backs.

They should still be better than last year, but it just seems like this is all getting set up for a big fall.

Are you serious?

Also, I doubt anything happens with those "tampering" charges. I'd actually probably laugh if the Lions get penalized, that's how dumb I think the whole thing is.

#188 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

<_<

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#189 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:06 PM

Alrighty, games start tonight, so give me an over/under for wins this season. The Lions win 9 games this year.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#190 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

Alrighty, games start tonight, so give me an over/under for wins this season. The Lions win 9 games this year.

All depends on Stafford's health. If he's healthy I think around 11 wins. If he gets hurt again, and the way players have been injured more frequently due to lack of camp and practice because of the lockout, we could be looking at another 6-7 win season again.

The injuries seemed to be happening more to rookies though so hopefully the vets are ok since I think they'd be more prepared.

#191 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

http://www.firstrows...roit-lions.html

If anyone needs a stream for the game.

#192 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:27 PM

Surprised nobody's mentioned it yet. Nice come from behind win against Cleveland on Friday.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#193 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

I'll take 10.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#194 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

Surprised nobody's mentioned it yet. Nice come from behind win against Cleveland on Friday.

Watched it a bar with a lot of Browns fans while at the same time watching the Tigers-Indians game. Pretty sure I was not well liked.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#195 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

Watched it a bar with a lot of Browns fans while at the same time watching the Tigers-Indians game. Pretty sure I was not well liked.

Cleveland can never catch a break haha. Been like this for years.

#196 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

Got All-you-can-eat tickets for the Lions' home opener against KC. I haven't been to a game at Ford Field yet, so this should be a good afternoon on Sept 18.

Posted Image

#197 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

I cannot wait for this season to start. There's reason to believe Detroit has an NFL team again.

I'm just ready for games that count. I need to see that this is for real. That there is legitimacy behind this hype.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#198 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:03 PM

As a Michigan fan I love what Brady has done since leaving UM.

As a Lions fan I loved seeing him looking befuddled on the sidelines after our Dline rattled his cage a few times.

Suh is a legitimate game changer. It's hard to be a qb when your standing on the tracks wondering when the trains going to hit.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#199 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

Found a funny quote regarding the fans and media bitching and moaning about Suh being a dirty player:

"Translation: 'We have no hope of stopping him, please do it for us Mr. Goodell.'"

#200 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

If anyone knows of a stream for today's game, I'd be forever grateful.

GO LIONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users