473 replies to this topic

#221 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:22 AM

duplicate

Edited by Hiei, 15 September 2011 - 01:22 AM.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#222 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

Your reply is subjective due to homer glasses.

and besides, Dats and Z never get pimped much because they're on a Detroit "team" that is aging, tired, old, etc.

Haha!

Mine had substance and supporting evidence to back it. All your comment was was a childish rant including editing/changing a player's last name like an 8-year old would do.

Your reply is subjective due to homer glasses.

and besides, Dats and Z never get pimped much because they're on a Detroit "team" that is aging, tired, old, etc.

Again, you're missing the point.

Sidenote: Calling my response subjective due to being a fan of the Packers is ridiculous. If you look at the division, I would say Packers fans get along with Lions fans far more than the other two teams in the division. Likely the same goes for the Bears and Vikings. The point is, I'd like to think you'll have a tough time finding Lions fans who think the same way you Bears fans (or Viking fans for that matter) do about the Packers fan base.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#223 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

What a game today. Stafford continues to impress and the defence managed to get turnovers and timely stops when we needed it. Keep it going boys :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#224 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

I was at the game. the place was electric, the defense looked like it can play, and stafford and co were awesome. If people say we were running up the score, so what? You are an NFL team... stop us. After going 0-16, I don't feel sorry for anyone. No mercy this year. Win, win big, and don't look back.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#225 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

I gotta say, s***ty KC team or not, what Detroit did yesterday was uber-impressive. No matter how you slice it, an NFL team is still an NFL team and putting up a 45-point margin victory is nothing to trivialize.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#226 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

Missed all the games yesterday thanks to a baby shower. A bunch of us were checking our phones and sharing results. Oddly, even though the shower was in Minnesota, most of us there were Lions fans as the parents were from Michigan.

There was one little boy there whose mother was a Packers fan. He wasn't old enough to talk yet, but when mom sang the Packers ditty, he would pump his fist in the air and grunt for the "Go Pack Go!" part. It was cute.

Wish I could have seen the Lions game. Looking ahead to next week- Detroit is at Minnesota, and GB is at Chicago. This has the potential to pull the division even further apart stat-wise.

Minnesota has been coming out strong and then falling apart. I think if the Lions start strong, this one should be ours fairly easily. Otherwise we'll have to claw for it.

#227 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:26 PM

This whole being good thing is really swell.

Watching the game yesterday, there are still a lot of areas where we can execute better. Kansas City was gouging us with the running game early. The offense had some 3rd down miscues. There were plenty of opportunities for this game to be an even bigger blowout.

But how the hell am I gonna complain about the biggest blowout win in franchise history? Simple answer is, I'm not.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#228 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

Missed all the games yesterday thanks to a baby shower. A bunch of us were checking our phones and sharing results. Oddly, even though the shower was in Minnesota, most of us there were Lions fans as the parents were from Michigan.

There was one little boy there whose mother was a Packers fan. He wasn't old enough to talk yet, but when mom sang the Packers ditty, he would pump his fist in the air and grunt for the "Go Pack Go!" part. It was cute.

Wish I could have seen the Lions game. Looking ahead to next week- Detroit is at Minnesota, and GB is at Chicago. This has the potential to pull the division even further apart stat-wise.

Minnesota has been coming out strong and then falling apart. I think if the Lions start strong, this one should be ours fairly easily. Otherwise we'll have to claw for it.

Agreed. The Packers really seemed to be looking ahead to next week rather than focusing on the team at hand. I was embarrassed yesterday. Hopefully that served as a wake-up call.

The silver lining, great teams find a way to win even when they play like s***. We wouldn't have won had we been playing a better opponent.

#229 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

Whoa.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#230 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

Lions getting ready to complete the comeback here....

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#231 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

Holy Calvin Johnson. What a phenomenal catch.

Posted Image

#232 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

LIONS WIN! What a comeback! To misquote Rick Jeanerette, "Now do you believe?! Now do you believe?! These Detroit Lions are good! Scary good!".

Obviously a lot of bad things from this game early on, but they stepped up in a big way.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#233 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

It's good to live in Vikings country right now. My bf is not happy, but oh, well.

It's good to have so many targets for Stafford, and good for Stafford to be healthy.

#234 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

ITS GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!! THE DETROIT LIONS ARE 3-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: :banana:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#235 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image

You're next, Cowboys.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#236 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:20 AM

For you Lions fans, great half-time adjustments. While it obviously would've helped the Packers if the Lions had lost yesterday, atleast we have the added bonus of seeing the Vikings lose. Between them and the Bears, I don't know who I hate more.

#237 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

ITS GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!! THE DETROIT LIONS ARE 3-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: :banana:

Posted Image

Does not compute :blink:

Srsly though, I can't believe they're doing so well. :lol: It's great to see.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#238 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

I'm quite frankly pissed off at the Bears right now. I don't know if I was looking at Jay Cutler or Good Rex/BAD RAX. As Saxy Raxy would say "Receiver has 2 blockers in front and a safety behind? F**K IT I'M GOING DEEEEP! UNLEASH THE DRAGON!"

...but that crazy punt play sure made the packers look like a bunch of derps, so I take some solace in that. but Really. 11 running plays called vs a god-knows-how-many passing plays attempted. The offensive line is just that-Offensive. and Angelo saying he did "all he could". WHY DRAFT STEPHEN PAEA IN THE 2ND WHEN THERE WERE PLENTY OF OLINEMEN ON THE BOARD!?!?!?!

For the record, Paea is a DLineman, who is behind Anthony Adams, Matt Toeaina, and Henry Melton, AND Amobi Okoye on the depth chart....

Personally, I'm starting to compare it to the Blackhawks' situation a few years back. The Franchise will not move forward until the owner DIES.

After all, if the s***hawks can win a cup 3 years after their former owner kicked the bucket, why not the Bears?

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#239 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

I'm quite frankly pissed off at the Bears right now. I don't know if I was looking at Jay Cutler or Good Rex/BAD RAX. As Saxy Raxy would say "Receiver has 2 blockers in front and a safety behind? F**K IT I'M GOING DEEEEP! UNLEASH THE DRAGON!"

...but that crazy punt play sure made the packers look like a bunch of derps, so I take some solace in that. but Really. 11 running plays called vs a god-knows-how-many passing plays attempted. The offensive line is just that-Offensive. and Angelo saying he did "all he could". WHY DRAFT STEPHEN PAEA IN THE 2ND WHEN THERE WERE PLENTY OF OLINEMEN ON THE BOARD!?!?!?!

For the record, Paea is a DLineman, who is behind Anthony Adams, Matt Toeaina, and Henry Melton, AND Amobi Okoye on the depth chart....

Personally, I'm starting to compare it to the Blackhawks' situation a few years back. The Franchise will not move forward until the owner DIES.

After all, if the s***hawks can win a cup 3 years after their former owner kicked the bucket, why not the Bears?

Your tears taste so good! :lol:

Posted Image

The reason the Bears didn't run is because they flat-out couldn't against our D-Line. They ended up with 11 yards rushing all game. Pound the rock?....that doesn't make much sense. I get that you're upset about the loss, but if this doesn't prove to Bears fans that their team is simply not as good as the Packers, nothing will.

Sidenote: The punt play was nothing more than a miscommunication on the Packers part. Mathsay said to the other 10 he was kicking to the left and everyone else must've missed it. Had they heard him before the ball was snapped, it would've never happened.

#240 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

They may very well come back again. That Calvin Johnson leap to catch Stafford's pass would make Michael Jordan jealous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users