451 replies to this topic

#241 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

Another epic comeback! 4-0 baby, go Lions! :punk:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#242 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#243 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

I'm not sure if this is a combination of other teams shooting themselves in the foot or something good that the Lions are doing....but I like it.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#244 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

This.f******. Team.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#245 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

Holy s***.

4-0. o__o

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#246 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

Looking at our next 4 games... 8-0 is totally plausible. Chicago is going to be a big test on MNF, but we have the definite ability to take the next 4 games before the bye week.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#247 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:05 PM

I can't believe they're going to be on Monday Night Football.

The Lions.

And they're 4-0.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#248 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:42 PM

Let's see if Stafford can get away from the Bears this time and not get injured. Again.

MNF at Ford Field in Downtown Motown.

The reason the Bears didn't run is because they flat-out couldn't against our D-Line. They ended up with 11 yards rushing all game. Pound the rock?....that doesn't make much sense. I get that you're upset about the loss, but if this doesn't prove to Bears fans that their team is simply not as good as the Packers, nothing will.

Sidenote: The punt play was nothing more than a miscommunication on the Packers part. Mathsay said to the other 10 he was kicking to the left and everyone else must've missed it. Had they heard him before the ball was snapped, it would've never happened.

Look at thef****** plays Martz Called. Keeps calling runs up the middle right at either a Green Bay helmet or the backside of a Bears OL.

And no, this doesn't prove that the packers are "simply better". Roflgers isn't god. There is a reason we play the games, and not let computers decide s***.

And Yes, The punt play was a HERPADERP on the packies part. if only that flag hadn't happened

2-2 and heading to DET. We most likely aren't making the playoffs at this rate, but we can A. screw up someone else's season (by injuring Stafford a 3rd time in 3 years) or B. Do poorly enough to Fire Jerry Angelo.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#249 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

^^ You mustn't speak of injuring Matthew Stafford. It's unacceptable. Like my mom mentioning the Scherzer hadn't given up a hit heading into the 6th inning today.

By the way boys and girls, that was largest comeback in a road game in NFL history.

Now eventually, pulling this crap is gonna catch up with us. But this is seriously fun.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#250 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

^^ You mustn't speak of injuring Matthew Stafford. It's unacceptable. Like my mom mentioning the Scherzer hadn't given up a hit heading into the 6th inning today.

By the way boys and girls, that was largest comeback in a road game in NFL history.

Now eventually, pulling this crap is gonna catch up with us. But this is seriously fun.

Nice. Two records broken in 1 game.

I've noticed we also have the highest turnover ratio. I think during this Monday night game our D-Line is going to be very amped up and wants to show just how dominate they can be; Cutler sacked 5 times and throws for 4 INTs. I just hope the line can stay onside.

#251 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

Let's see if Stafford can get away from the Bears this time and not get injured. Again.

MNF at Ford Field in Downtown Motown.

Look at thef****** plays Martz Called. Keeps calling runs up the middle right at either a Green Bay helmet or the backside of a Bears OL.

And no, this doesn't prove that the packers are "simply better". Roflgers isn't god. There is a reason we play the games, and not let computers decide s***.

And Yes, The punt play was a HERPADERP on the packies part. if only that flag hadn't happened

2-2 and heading to DET. We most likely aren't making the playoffs at this rate, but we can A. screw up someone else's season (by injuring Stafford a 3rd time in 3 years) or B. Do poorly enough to Fire Jerry Angelo.

:rotflmao:

Thank you for this rant...it so made my morning.

Yes, it does prove the Packers are simply better. Yes, Rodgers is more than likely the best QB in the game. Yes, the Bears aren't going to make the playoffs.

Can I get you a tissue?
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#252 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

After taking so much s*** from classmates, co-workers, and family all these years, I am finally able to give it back. And i'm not being nice about it. 5-0 for the first time since 1956.

How bout them Detroitf****** Lions.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#253 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:01 PM

Well Piss.

Edited by Hiei, 10 October 2011 - 11:17 PM.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#254 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:01 AM

The Detroit Lions are 5-0.

Glad I took tomorrow off.

#255 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:08 AM

... All right, that's it, who the hell are these people and what have they done with the Lions?! :scared:

We now have a battle going between GB and Detroit, who will go undefeated for longer? Also, considering the UP is like half Pack fans and half Lions fans, this should be amusing. :lol:

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#256 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:20 AM

Yesterday was my friend Trisha's birthday. She's a Lions fan. Good day for her.

Living in Vikings territory, this is a sweet year. Quite a few people who are fans of other teams have told me privately that they are closet Lions fans (as a second team) who would like to see the Lions have a good year. My friends, this may well be it.

All we have to do is be better than the Packers. That's a tall order, but if we can do that, I think we can beat anybody.

#257 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

If you guys missed the MNF intro with Barry Sanders here it is again. Brought a tear to my eye. Great stuff. Like i said on fb when i re-posted this I was born in Trenton MI But lived in Tn most of my life and now in tx i still feel a big connection to MI and to Detroit. My dad worked for the Cadillac Fleetwood plant. I have a grandpa,2 uncles and an aunt that worked for various other plants there as well. I still have a bunch of family there. I miss it and i told my wife that one day we will move back. She said i was crazy but thats how i feel.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 12 October 2011 - 02:58 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#258 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

What a game Monday was.

#259 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:08 AM

So who thinks the Lions will fall before the Pack, who thinks the Pack will fall first, and who thinks they'll both lose their first game in the same week?

#260 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:34 AM

So who thinks the Lions will fall before the Pack, who thinks the Pack will fall first, and who thinks they'll both lose their first game in the same week?

I'd say we would be the first to lose. The Packers have a couple games before Thanksgiving that could give them trouble, but the Packers are the better team in each matchup.

The Packers are the class of the league right now, it's just up to us win the head-to-head matchups.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users