• Please log in to reply
482 replies to this topic

#301 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:25 AM

What's the Bears' cap situation like next season? You seem quite concerned about CHI locking him up...have there been problems with negotiations regarding him in the past?

There's a reason we refer to the ownership as the "McCheapskis".

Most recent article via google was : http://blogs.nfl.com...r-all-32-teams/

We have more than enough cap room to sign Forte, and then buy another Julius Peppers if we really wanted to. 19.3, given the team we currently have.

I just don't want us to squander a great player at the expense of some $ which would be EASILY made up in Merch sales. I honestly think Forte has the upside of at least Marshall Faulk, if not...His Sweetness.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#302 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

For the season,

Lions in the first half: :zzz:

Lions in the second half: :w00t2:
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#303 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

Which Stafford is the real Stafford? Because the first 4 drives he was awful, but after that he was magnificent.

Glad we found a running game in our former bust, Kevin Smith.

Still gotta be a lot better but we desperately needed that win.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#304 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

What's the octane in that locker room water that makes the lions do this?

#305 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

I was at the game yesterday. Hell of a game to go to. I was pretty pissed for the first quarter or so but it was exciting.

#306 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

So I guess the big question is whether or not we can beat the Packers on Thanksgiving.

This is a huge game, which honestly makes me nervous. I have given up on the Lions taking the division. I think that is the Packers' to lose, and I don't think they will. With the injury to Cutler, I have new hope for the Lions' chances making it as a wildcard team.

Even so, beating the undefeated Pack would be a great boost both in the standings and in our confidence.

#307 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

I'm not worried about beating the Packers for the division. It's their division title. I want to beat them just to beat them. To get back that swagger and confidence that has been lost.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#308 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

Here's something that oughta give Lions fans something to SHOOT FOR.

FROM 1997 AT THE PONTIAC SILVERDOME:

#309 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

What a ridiculous crock of s***. Asking the crowd for quiet? This isn't golf.

If I remember correctly, that was the game that Reggie Brown was paralyzed.

#310 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

That is unbelievable. I can't believe they actually did that. Hopefully Ford Field is that loud on Thursday and the refs have to do the same. It won't help this time around though.

#311 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

I don't remember if it was that game or another where they got penalized for being "too loud". I remember my dad sitting in his chair saying, "Just shut up until he gets the play almost off." The Old Coach didn't put up with rule-breaking, but he thought it was a stupid rule.

#312 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,298 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Go Lions.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#313 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

<sigh> Happy Traditional Lions Thanksgiving <sigh>

#314 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

Lions are my dark horse to win the North. 10-6, maybe 11-5.

Looks my North prediction won't happen, but the overall record still can. I like 10-6- that includes losing to the Saints and Pack, but I see New Orleans as a tossup.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#315 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

Lions really beat themselves today. Great first half with a frustrating result followed by an implosion. I'm all for the Lions having swagger and attitude, but they really killed themselves today.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#316 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

If not for two interceptions, we could have been leading at the half. Once we got behind, we lost it. We're supposed to be a come-from-behind team, so I really wasn't worried at halftime, but in the second half the offense looked like a bunch of rookies.

This is not to say that the Packers didn't earn their win. They certainly did. I certainly give them full credit. I would have liked to have seen a more cohesive effort from the Lions in the second half.

#317 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,298 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

Suh needs to get under control.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#318 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

Now its looking like it will be 2 games for Suh rather than the earlier report of being a minimum of 2. Has anyone heard otherwise?
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#319 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

I've heard rumour that it will be two games.

Vikes-fan bf is delighted that the Lions and Vikes face each other during what he has dubbed the "Suh-spension".

#320 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

This is pretty much exactly what everyone thought would happen. I love his fire and tenacity, but he's gotta learn to keep it between the whistles.

As for the game Thursday? Let's not talk about that.

We better get this thing righted soon, or it's no playoffs and a poor draft spot for the Lions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users