• Please log in to reply
451 replies to this topic

#321 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

This is pretty much exactly what everyone thought would happen. I love his fire and tenacity, but he's gotta learn to keep it between the whistles.

As for the game Thursday? Let's not talk about that.

We better get this thing righted soon, or it's no playoffs and a poor draft spot for the Lions.

I posted this in the NFL thread, but it bares repeating in this one:

Quite the jumbled mess from the 3-seed to the 8th. Huge game tonight with major implications. If New Orleans pulls it off, they've got a shot at the bye come playoff time. If New York pulls it off (which I don't see happening), things get even more jumbled from 4th-8th.

Strength of schedule is huge along with key injuries.

1. Green Bay Packers 11-0 (Remaining SoS: 31-23, 0.574 Winning %)
2. San Francisco 49ers 9-2 (Remaining SoS: 20-35, 0.364 Winning %)
3. New Orleans Saints 7-3 (Remaining SoS: 31-34, 0.477 Winning %)
4. Dallas Cowboys 7-4 (Remaining SoS: 24-29, 0.453 Winning %)
5. Chicago Bears 7-4 (Remaining SoS: 27-28, 0.491 Winning %)
6. Atlanta Falcons 7-4 (Remaining SoS: 25-29, 0.464 Winning %)
7. Detroit Lions 7-4 (Remaining SoS: 31-23, 0.574 Winning %)
8. New York Giants 6-4 (Remaining SoS: 31-23, 0.646 Winning %)

New York has a brutal finish to their schedule, while SF has a cake walk. The Packers remaining schedule is tied with Detroit's for the second most difficult among the 8 in the playoff picture.

Should be an interesting and fun end to the season.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#322 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

You remove the Packers 11-0 from the Bears last games, and it is nearly a GIMME for the bears to make the playoffs. Chiefs, Vikings, Seahawks, and the Denver Tebows. All of those games are more than winnable, they should be GIMMEs for the Bears. that would make at least 11-5, and should-SHOULD-be enough for a playoff spot.

Hanie has to turn that s*** around. More 2nd Half Hanie PLZ!

Oh, and someone needs to slap Suh in the ass with a wet towel. Inexcusable to build up this reputation and not even be in the league long enough for tenure. Much like how Homer has a reputation for standing in front of the net, that results in our goals getting waved off, or how Isiah Thomas has a reputation for being a dickbag, someone should show this s*** to the kid. Can't just thug because it's Detroit.

Edited by Hiei, 28 November 2011 - 08:27 PM.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#323 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

The Suh Suspension is in: 2 Games.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#324 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

The Suh Suspension is in: 2 Games.

Expected at least 1.

Now it will be interesting to see if the Lions can rebound from this and continue to march forward or fall off. Atlanta is right there.

#325 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

Got his money's worth. Colossal f*** up from Suh, I could hardly believe his excuses in the post game presser.

Oh well, Drew Brees is in godmode right now so I'm not sure there would have been much for him to do this weekend anyways.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#326 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

The Lions are young, talented, and extremely stupid. They hurt themselves with so many unbelievable stupid penalties.

#327 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

They are imploding over and over. They have learned to win, but not to be winners.

They need discipline.

#328 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

Facepalm worthy game.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#329 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

and the sad fact is that the Bears could hand the lions a WC Spot.

#330 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

Please win. I spent all night last night being text-trolled.

#331 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou.

Now get some discipline.

#332 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

That was an epic ending. Not happy about it even being close towards the end there but a win is a win. Suh better be ready to play next week.

#333 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

I'm so glad my internet stream went out at the end of the 3rd quarter. I likely would have had a stroke watching the end of that game live.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#334 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

I just about did. I couldn't breathe. We got away with a facemask there at the end, but from what I heard, there were a couple of calls that should have gone against the Vikes that didn't get called, so we're even.

I fell asleep at halftime and missed the 3rd quarter. The downside of working graveyards, I guess.

#335 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

Whether this is true or not, Suh does need to learn to control his emotions. Still, this is interesting. Then again, its nothing more than an unsubstantiated rumor that Suh didn't once make mention of.

http://sports.yahoo....urn=nfl-wp13954

Yahoo Sports: Chris Chase

Was Ndamukong Suh's Thanksgiving outburst caused by a juvenile prank ordered by a Green Bay Packers coach? According to former Packers offensive lineman Matt Brock, that's exactly what happened.
Brock was being interviewed on KXTG in Portland, Ore., when he floated the theory that his former teammate, current offensive line coach James Campen, may have told Evan Dietrich-Smith to untie Ndamukong Suh's shoes during the game as a way of getting under the skin of the volatile Detroit Lions star.

This is the sort of tale that's best served straight from the horse's mouth, so here's a transcript of Brock's interview, courtesy MLive.com:
The center, or one of his guards, he's had like one or two starts in his career and he's got to play against Suh. So he's pretty puckered, right? So, he talking to James, the offensive line coach, going, "What do I do? What do I do?"
James is just in his mind going, "This guy is going to get killed. I got to take his mind off it, give him something else to do." So he says, "Ok, every time you're in a pile, I want you to focus on something. I want you to untie his shoes."
He goes, "What?"
"Anytime you can, just reach in, he's got floppy shoe laces, he doesn't spat or anything, just untie his shoes. It will irritate him."
He untied his shoes three times in the game. That's why he stomped him. That's why he banged his head on the ground and he stomped him. When (Suh) went to the sideline it looked like he was telling the coach, "I didn't do anything" and he put his foot up like, "I didn't stomp him. I didn't do anything." He was actually going, "The damn guy keeps untying my shoes."

#336 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:05 PM

If true, at least Suh doesn't look like he's just stomped on someone because he didn't like his face. Though I do like that mentality in a DL, he's got to keep it during the course of play or he's just going to hurt his team when he's sitting at home watching the games.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#337 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! DEEEEEEETROIIIITTT LIIOOONNNNNNNNNSSSS!

Ahem, my favorite football team was victorious in a game of American rules football.

#338 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

f*** it.

Go Lions. Someone who isn't the packers-WIN!

oh, and Kyle Orton. That is all. I still have my NECKBEARD ARMY shirt in my closet somewhere...

And when the McCaskeys either sell or die (a'la dollar bill) i'm going to spend all day singing "Ding dong the wicked witch is dead"

#339 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

It's games like this that almost make me believe that we have a chance despite not having playoff experience and discipline.

I am starting to believe that we'll make the playoffs this year. I don't foresee much beyond that this year, but I do expect them to build on that.

#340 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:30 AM

It's games like this that almost make me believe that we have a chance despite not having playoff experience and discipline.

I am starting to believe that we'll make the playoffs this year. I don't foresee much beyond that this year, but I do expect them to build on that.

I was unable to watch the game. But sounded like another exciting game. Good to see we're still in the hunt for a playoff spot.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users