• Please log in to reply
458 replies to this topic

#341 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:50 AM

I was unable to watch the game. But sounded like another exciting game. Good to see we're still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

We are more than in the hunt. That wildcard spot is ours to lose now. All we have to do is win one of our final two games to clinch a spot and that's if the 7-7 teams behind us win out which is probably not going to happen. We basically just stamped our ticket to the playoffs today. An unbelievable finish to the game with Suh blocking the field goal as time expired. If the Cardinals can win a world series, we can win a Superbowl. It's that wildcard magic!

#342 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:42 AM

I'm not counting my chickens yet. Remember that we have to play Green Bay.

I'm relieved that they lost today. If we stood in the way of them going 16-0 there's no way they'd have let us advance an inch. Green Bay is the team to beat this year.

#343 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

I'm not counting my chickens yet. Remember that we have to play Green Bay.

I'm relieved that they lost today. If we stood in the way of them going 16-0 there's no way they'd have let us advance an inch. Green Bay is the team to beat this year.

Now that they lost, We will basically be playing their bench when we do meet up. That game will definitely be winnable and same for the Chargers at home next weekend. I don't like counting chickens before they hatch as well but but our chances at making the playoffs are very very good right now. And obviously I'm kind of kidding about winning the Superbowl, but crazier things have happened.

#344 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

Now that they lost, We will basically be playing their bench when we do meet up. That game will definitely be winnable and same for the Chargers at home next weekend. I don't like counting chickens before they hatch as well but but our chances at making the playoffs are very very good right now. And obviously I'm kind of kidding about winning the Superbowl, but crazier things have happened.

More so than that, with the pounding our offensive-line took yesterday, added to the 2 starters still not back from injury yet, I see McCarthy being even more cautious. I'm not expecting much out of the Packers the next two games because now that 16-0 isn't an option, it simply doesn't matter.

Obviously, you want to go into the playoffs on a high note, but this team has been playing high for so long already. Sometimes an "Uff" like this is exactly what the doctor ordered to refocus and re-engage.

f*** it.

Go Lions. Someone who isn't the packers-WIN!

oh, and Kyle Orton. That is all. I still have my NECKBEARD ARMY shirt in my closet somewhere...

And when the McCaskeys either sell or die (a'la dollar bill) i'm going to spend all day singing "Ding dong the wicked witch is dead"

Aaawh, C'mon Hiei....I thought you and I were buddies now. :P

I understand, coming from a Bears-fan perspective. I too, was cheering against CHI in the Superbowl a few years back.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#345 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:21 PM

Aaawh, C'mon Hiei....I thought you and I were buddies now. :P

I understand, coming from a Bears-fan perspective. I too, was cheering against CHI in the Superbowl a few years back.

I want you...to take a few minutes and think about all the bears teams since that 1985 season.

I was born in 1988.

Put my level of rememberance around 1991, and kindly look from there forward how the chicago bears have been.

Now experience my level of frustration with this franchise.

End scene.

oh, lest we forget this punk who's now on our team (hopefully not for long)

"No defense can stop us. That's only in my opinion. We are our only defense. We will win this game. Y'all take that as a guarantee or what not, but we will win this game."

~Roy Williams

Spoken just before a 34-7 punking of the Lions at Soldier Field.

Edited by Hiei, 19 December 2011 - 11:42 PM.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#346 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

I want you...to take a few minutes and think about all the bears teams since that 1985 season.

I was born in 1988.

Put my level of rememberance around 1991, and kindly look from there forward how the chicago bears have been.

Now experience my level of frustration with this franchise.

End scene.

oh, lest we forget this punk who's now on our team (hopefully not for long)

"No defense can stop us. That's only in my opinion. We are our only defense. We will win this game. Y'all take that as a guarantee or what not, but we will win this game."

~Roy Williams

Spoken just before a 34-7 punking of the Lions at Soldier Field.

Ha! How about follow a Lions fan born in 1990 with remembrance starting at say... 1996 until now. Frustration? You haven't seen frustration.

#347 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

Ha! How about follow a Lions fan born in 1990 with remembrance starting at say... 1996 until now. Frustration? You haven't seen frustration.

Geez, you're probably too young to remember the kinda good times of the mid 90s. Born in 85, I got to consciously see most of Barry's career.

Looks like Delmas is out again Saturday, meaning the special teamer Weddling (?) or the rookie are in. Yeesh. Thankfully Patrick Rivers is having his worst year so far, although the Chargers have turned it on.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#348 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

I'd give it 2 thumbs up.
Posted Image

Around the world and back snap.

Good to see the Lions take care of business when the opportunity arose.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#349 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

how much are green bay paying these refs? This is ridiculous.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#350 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

Robbed on that TD. Totally robbed.

Facemask on. Check.

Finger in pocket looking like a gun. Check.

Demand made. Check.

Money handed over. Check.

Clerk hitting the alarm. Nope- clerk hit it twice already. We're home free.

#351 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

This game is a shootout. We really could of used that Titus Young TD. I wish the rule was you can only have two incorrect challenges instead of two challenges regardless of right or wrong.

#352 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Really? That pass interference call? And "we're" paying off the refs?

how much are green bay paying these refs? This is ridiculous.

Gimme a break. The ref missed the call because the defender was in his line of sight. Nothing more, nothing less. The Packers didn't get the record they did by getting lucky or "paying off the refs".

If you wanna be mad about something, be upset by how undisciplined your team is.

This game is a shootout. We really could of used that Titus Young TD. I wish the rule was you can only have two incorrect challenges instead of two challenges regardless of right or wrong.

I actually really like that idea. I'd be in favor of it.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#353 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

No Secondary...

#354 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Really? That pass interference call? And "we're" paying off the refs?

Gimme a break. The ref missed the call because the defender was in his line of sight. Nothing more, nothing less. The Packers didn't get the record they did by getting lucky or "paying off the refs".

If you wanna be mad about something, be upset by how undisciplined your team is.

I actually really like that idea. I'd be in favor of it.

Yeah, its just really shocking that these calls kept going the Packers way. Shouldnt have needed to review the Scheffler play, amazingly they called Logan's return a fumble and couldn't overturn becuase they didnt have view and then as if by magic the ref cannot see a player get two feet down AND WE CAN'T REVIEW IT BECAUSE WE HAD TO WASTE 2 CHALLENGES. I was shocked they didnt say Calvin didnt complete the process of the catch on his first td.

But in the second half the reason we lost was because of our secondary. They should be embarassed of themselves. Brees is gonna roast us.

And dont compare a pass interference with blown calls that directly took points off the board and switched possession.

#355 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

If they want to make things so that they are as accurate as possible, they should go the NHL route and review anything that might be a goal (or, in this case, touchdown).

This was one of the best games I have seen in a long time. It really could have gone either way.

Green Bay is scary good at QB.

The Lions seriously need to get their penalties under control. Personal fouls and offsides/encroachment could cost us a game, and at this time of year, one game is all that stands between spending time with your family or spending time with your teammates.

#356 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, its just really shocking that these calls kept going the Packers way. Shouldnt have needed to review the Scheffler play, amazingly they called Logan's return a fumble and couldn't overturn becuase they didnt have view and then as if by magic the ref cannot see a player get two feet down AND WE CAN'T REVIEW IT BECAUSE WE HAD TO WASTE 2 CHALLENGES. I was shocked they didnt say Calvin didnt complete the process of the catch on his first td.

But in the second half the reason we lost was because of our secondary. They should be embarassed of themselves. Brees is gonna roast us.

And dont compare a pass interference with blown calls that directly took points off the board and switched possession.

Why? They both have direct effect on the outcome of the game. That's like saying, don't mention a missed field goal or a blown 2-point conversion in the third quarter because multiple scores happened after that. The fact of the matter is that each play or non-play for that matter changes the game going forward. To sit there and say that would've changed the game is irrelevant because it would've changed everything else going forward. Hell, I could say the same about the questionable non-call on Johnson. We could also make mention that 7 of our top stars didn't suit up.

Lastly, You couldn't review the play because your coach lost a challenge. It has nothing to do with "magic". That's the rules, like it or not.

#357 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

The point is we should never have to use 3 challenges in one half. It's like the refs threw their hands up and said, "well we don't really know what happened so Green Bay ball".

The pass interference call was bad, but it wasn't a scoring play or a turnover. Clearly there is a difference. I wouldn't expect you to see it as I do.

#358 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

The point is we should never have to use 3 challenges in one half. It's like the refs threw their hands up and said, "well we don't really know what happened so Green Bay ball".

The pass interference call was bad, but it wasn't a scoring play or a turnover. Clearly there is a difference. I wouldn't expect you to see it as I do.

I'm not some homer that can't distinguish between a huge play and one that's seemingly less significant. What I'm saying is that regardless of a potential scoring play, it changes the course of the game going forward. To be so naive as to say that single potential touchdown would've been the difference is ridiculous given the time of the game it happened. If it was the last play of the game, that's one thing.

If you have a problem with the challenges, that's one thing. Every team goes through that. I could make an argument that the Packers should be 16-0 given the winning touchdown KC scored against us didn't actually happen. However the refs missed it and life goes on.

It's not that I don't see it as you do. It's that a ref is a ref, and both teams got poor calls against them. Today, Detroit got more tough calls, but it doesn't mean the outcome of the game absolutely would've been different.

#359 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

You're right it doesnt. But did you notice I wrote that at halftime when every other Lions fan in the world felt the same way.

#360 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

You're right it doesnt. But did you notice I wrote that at halftime when every other Lions fan in the world felt the same way.

I did...and I can appreciate that. Frustration does that. It's the same feeling I've had all season with our defense. There's no reason they shouldn't be what they were last year. They lost no one aside from Jenkins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users