• Please log in to reply
458 replies to this topic

#361 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Lions and Red Wings on at the same time. Oh, dear.

Thank heavens for streams.

#362 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Lions @ New Orleans......

Stafford better be primed to go.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#363 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

This one will be tough. New Orleans is one of the few teams left I think could give GB a run for their money. On the brighter side, if we beat NO, we might have a chance.

#364 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

The officiating in the game was crap, but there's nothing that can be done about that now. A win would have given them a good chance to win a playoff game (or, miracle upon miracles, two) this year. But I have a bad feeling that the Saints are going to tee off on our poor Lions.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#365 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

bringit.jpg

#366 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Delmas, Houston, Suh, and Fairley will all be back who didn't play in the first game in New Orleans.

Gotta hope the defense can turn the ball over a few times. Brees is a very accurate passer, but there are opportunities to pick him off. The offense can't afford to take whole quarters off either.

My gut says we're in tough and that our rise to prominence will have to continue next season, but it's not like New Orleans is undefeated and we've all seen the Lions pull a few miracles out of a hat this season.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#367 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Delmas, Houston, Suh, and Fairley will all be back who didn't play in the first game in New Orleans.

Gotta hope the defense can turn the ball over a few times. Brees is a very accurate passer, but there are opportunities to pick him off. The offense can't afford to take whole quarters off either.

My gut says we're in tough and that our rise to prominence will have to continue next season, but it's not like New Orleans is undefeated and we've all seen the Lions pull a few miracles out of a hat this season.

Delmas will be huge to get back. Him alone will significantly improve our secondary. Same with Suh and Fairley. A good pass rush can seriously help poor coverage.

While things look pretty grim going against Brees having a career year, crazier things have happened and I know the Lions will play with all they got. I'm pretty excited to just watch a Lions playoff game ragardless. I will have two TV's set up in my living room to watch the Wings and Lions. It's going to be a great day for sports.

#368 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

f*** Brees he ain't no Matt Flynn. "Forward down the field......"
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#369 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

Less than an hour to go... Go Lions!

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#370 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

Keys to winning tonight:

DO NOT take penalties, especially personal fouls and neutral zone infractions.

DO sneak into Brees' locker and mix his Dayquil and Nyquil.

#371 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

They will be back next year. A lot of positives to take out of this season. I am pretty excited for the future of this team.

#372 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

Very much so. We have things to work on, but they are all things that can be fixed.

I'd say that the future is as bright as it's been for the Lions for a very long time.

#373 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Now you see why chicago got rid of Chris Harris. No pass defending.

Chris Houston having a bounceback year, played more like he did here in Arkansas than his first NFL Stop.

DET needs a running game (sorry Best) a LB, and can never go wrong with more o-linemen.

CHI needs someone with half a brain running the team. Thank god Angelo's toast. Hopefully Tice still has some brain cells left to run the offense.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#374 Cruiser008

Cruiser008

Headed to the Rafters

• Silver Booster
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

Caught most of the Lions game at the bar in Toronto last night. Detroit was overmatched but wow Stafford and Megatron were sick! I don't watch much football and have never followed the Lions, but after last night I just might have to start watching them a bit more next year.

#375 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

Thank God the Lions got rid of Titus Young. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#376 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Reggie Bush here at the right price. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#377 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Reggie Bush here at the right price. 

dm_130313_nfl_bush_presser.jpg

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#378 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

What is "the right price"?

Did he take a cut in pay from his days at 'SC?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#379 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

What is "the right price"?
Did he take a cut in pay from his days at 'SC?

Probably. His value was at his highest then, wasn't it?

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#380 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Jeff Backus retires...

http://www.freep.com...ons-jeff-backus

I'm shocked and sad to see him go. I've defended him for years even through his days blocking for Harrington. He wasn't a great LT but he was very good IMO and more importantly, very consistent, starting in every game except one (in his rookie year). He was a hard working, true blue collar player. Probably the only successful Millen pick next to Calvin Johnson and Gosder Cherilus that I can think of.

This leaves even more holes on the line,even more so if Raiola decides to hang them up, since I believe he's mentioned before that he'd retire when Backus does. So that leaves LT, RG, RT, and possibly C open. I'm not too sure how management feels about Reiff at this point since he never started and was mostly moved around as a TE and FB in most situations. I'm not too fond of that seeing how he was a 1st round pick. Fox was a project that I don't recall ever seeing the field since he was hurt most of the time (somehow).

At this point I'm hoping the Lions are able to draft one of Joeckel or Fisher as the permanent LT replacement. If management does in fact feel that Reiff can start at LT, then I'm hoping for a trade down, or just simply take Warmack at #5, despite that being the unpopular move.

If Mayhew can't find any stop gap plugs during FA, then this draft may be focused more on the offensive line, instead of defense, despite the regimes BPA approach.

Edited by dropkickshanahans, 14 March 2013 - 04:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users